What Do You Want to Know?: List Questions Here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, if he actually did hear anything, it wouldn't have been related to Elisa, seeing as she died (drowned) accidentally during an episode of apparently intense bipolar psychosis, and had no trauma to her body.

Well, if he actually did hear anything, it wouldn't have been related to Elisa, seeing as she died (drowned) accidentally during an episode of apparently intense bipolar psychosis, and had no trauma to her body.

I always thought what he heard, as he described it, was the tank lid slamming shut. jmo

It seems the long term SRO residents were unhappy about being pressured to leave as the hotel invested mega money trying to draw tourism. Some speculate that a resident put her in there to ruin the hotels appeal to the public, which it certainly did. The horror the guests endured knowing they were bathing and consuming that water for weeks is chilling.

According to the autopsy, her body has moderate decomp which made testing difficult. However they did note an abrasion on her knee.

"A group of buyers purchased the Cecil for $28.5 million in 2007, believing that they were in the clear to operate the historic building as a tourist hotel.....Whatever plans there may have been to upgrade those rooms came to a screeching halt later that year when the city informed the Cecil's owners that it had to abide by a new ordinance mandating that residential hotels find new accommodation for any tenants forced to relocate when rooms are converted from residential to standard hotel use. Because the Cecil had been operating, in part at least, as a tourist hotel before the ordinance was passed (though a similar, temporary ordinance had been on the books since 2006), they thought it didn't apply to them. The city disagreed, lawsuits were filed, and then lawsuits dragged on." http://la.curbed.com/archives/2013/02/why_is_downtowns_cecil_hotel_such_a_nightmare.php

About the alarm that should've gone off every time someone went up to the roof, maybe the hotel employees kept it turned off most of the time in order to sneak smokes during working hours?

A rather crazy question but i don't know where else to ask it. How do we know for sure that the Elevator video shown is really Elisa? I know it's a pretty stupid question but isn't there a possibility that it might not even be her? (Maybe an actress or something)? Again i know it's a pretty dumb question...but still.

About the alarm that should've gone off every time someone went up to the roof, maybe the hotel employees kept it turned off most of the time in order to sneak smokes during working hours?

I vaguely recall reading something along the lines of the door lock being faulty and they CBF'd dealing with the alarm going off all the time so they tampered with the door to deactivate the alarm???

Hi Everyone!

I am new here I signed up basically to ask a question... I have only heard of this case a week ago and havent been able to let it go since. This whole thing is messed up. I read in one of these articles that the tank had no ladder on the inside is this true? I also read that when she was in there that the tank was probably not filled totally up with water, is this true? 1 thing forensic psychologist or detectives usually do is re-enact particular events to see if they are even possible for a human to do, does anyone know if this has been done?

Hi Everyone!

I am new here I signed up basically to ask a question... I have only heard of this case a week ago and havent been able to let it go since. This whole thing is messed up. I read in one of these articles that the tank had no ladder on the inside is this true? I also read that when she was in there that the tank was probably not filled totally up with water, is this true? 1 thing forensic psychologist or detectives usually do is re-enact particular events to see if they are even possible for a human to do, does anyone know if this has been done?

Welcome :)

:welcome5:

Hi Everyone!

There was a ladder, tank was supposedly 50-75% full when she was found, no info was provided AFAIA re volume changes in tank, not quite sure what reenacting you were hoping for but physically there does not appear to have been anything that would have prevented EL from getting into the tank.

Is there any evidence of "meet ups" Elisa had with tumblr users? I find it odd how she had friends in her life and she seemed to be very active on social sites, but none of them have said anything about what she was doing on her travels.

Apart from the comment on reddit from someone who knew her regarding her mental health issues, there's nothing. I find it very odd.

Okay then is it possible she came here to die? Maybe reading this hotels past and how people came there to commit suicide? I know she gave up on her college education in Canada, but I thought she was looking into a different college here in the states. I find it weird I'm even suggesting suicide, because upon first seeing her story i felt something was wrong. Then I watched that Dr Douglas James Cottrell video about her case and thought maybe he's onto something... in his video she went in there on her own either to get away from someone or avoid the voices?

Someone needs to suggest to "The Body Farm" to get a water tank to observe decomposition...

Okay then is it possible she came here to die? Maybe reading this hotels past and how people came there to commit suicide? I know she gave up on her college education in Canada, but I thought she was looking into a different college here in the states. I find it weird I'm even suggesting suicide, because upon first seeing her story i felt something was wrong. Then I watched that Dr Douglas James Cottrell video about her case and thought maybe he's onto something... in his video she went in there on her own either to get away from someone or avoid the voices?

Having access to her browser history (computer + phone), movie collection, youtube liked videos, diaries, etc would give us an idea. But we don't even know if the police accessed her phone to check it, let alone what would be back in Canada.

If this was a premeditated suicide (obviously all is premeditated, I mean pre-planned well in advance), she did not come across as full of hate for society and/or so self indulged that she felt endangering others physically and mentally by subjecting them to drinking water containing her decomposing body. Additionally the elevator footage just cannot be explained by that. She entered the tank with no means of weighing herself down, so she either anticipated passing out from exhaustion and then drowning whilst unconscious or she had devised some method of forcing herself to inhale water to counter autonomic reflexes that would normally prevent it.

It is a nice theory for a ghost story. If you still believe it is true, that is your call but the questions that would need to be answered for me to even give it the slightest consideration would be:

1. Why would she subject random people - tourists and locals - to drinking water that contains remnants of her decomposing body. EL did have psychiatric issues - but she was not a psychopath.
2. How did she plan on drowning herself? Was it only that the death was pre-planned and then last minute she decided on the method?
3. Why did she act the way she did in the elevator video if this was a premeditated suicide. I would imagine if your plan was to kill yourself, you would walk out of that elevator, head held high and nose to the air, or perhaps more subtle with head down and hood on. The playing around in the elevator just does not correlate with someone who was about to drown themselves to death.

I don't think any of those questions can be adequately answered to even come close to supporting the theory this was something premeditated before the flights were even booked.

If it was a spur of the moment decision, then one might suggest she did not consider that she would be in the drinking water supply. But if this was planned well in advance, there would be cycles of mood, and without a doubt that would be something that would enter ones mind. Unless you had a massive inherent hate for the world and/or thought of yourself as some superior being and thought it would be particularly nice to force people to drink your body and your blood, i cannot see how the pieces fit together on this theory. The limited info we have suggests EL was neither obnoxious, full of hatred or in possession of a god complex.

My very first impression of the video .. without any conspiracy theories to add to my imagination was supernatural ... not just because she seemed to be talking to someone who wasnt there but also when she stepped out... the hand motions looked to me like she was making sure nothing (like a ghost) was standing there.

I don't buy the skinny dipping theory, especially if that video linked above is authentic. There's just nothing about that setting that would lend itself to that, either as a private activity or in the context of a romantic encounter.

Also don't buy the suicide theory. She was on the roof; why not just jump? Would the idea be any more horrifying than that of jumping into a darkened water tank and then drowning? Doesn't work out, in my opinion.

There's also been much talk about Lam's supposed mental illness. This isn't mentioned in the Facts thread. Is there any substantiation for it, other than something someone supposedly said on Reddit? Eye(ear?)witness testimony of a "commotion" on the roof also points away from it.

Based on what I've seen so far, I really can't see how anyone could view this as anything other than an obvious murder. She was killed. Her body was disposed of in the tank. Would we even be questioning that, if that weird video of her in the elevator didn't exist?

There's also been much talk about Lam's supposed mental illness. This isn't mentioned in the Facts thread. Is there any substantiation for it, other than something someone supposedly said on Reddit? Eye(ear?)witness testimony of a "commotion" on the roof also points away from it.

Good grief, yes, there is loads about her serious mental illness, what medications she was prescribed, etc. I'm not going to fish for a link here, but there is no shortage of reliable information on this very issue, and it is key to most of your other questions.

I don't buy the skinny dipping theory, especially if that video linked above is authentic. There's just nothing about that setting that would lend itself to that, either as a private activity or in the context of a romantic encounter.

Also don't buy the suicide theory. She was on the roof; why not just jump? Would the idea be any more horrifying than that of jumping into a darkened water tank and then drowning? Doesn't work out, in my opinion.

Based on what I've seen so far, I really can't see how anyone could view this as anything other than an obvious murder. She was killed. Her body was disposed of in the tank. Would we even be questioning that, if that weird video of her in the elevator didn't exist?

If the suicide or accidental death theories aren't believable for you, how is foul play believable when:

A) There were zero marks or wounds on her entire body to suggest that she was assaulted, raped, or that a struggle ensued.

B) Zero evidence of any blood anywhere on the roof or anywhere near the tank area. Also, zero evidence around the very narrow hole leading inside the tank; evidence that surely would have been left if a limp, lifeless, free-limbed body was inserted in such a small opening.

C) No recreational drugs or alcohol found in her system.

Your interpretation of the video is completely different from mine -- which is fine -- but true. The video, for me, does make the former two scenarios much more believable. In the video, we have a lone traveler/bored girl who had nothing else to do and so decided to explore the hotel. If memory serves, it was close to midnight: too early for her to sleep, but to late to really go out (especially alone in a relatively foreign city), so she elected to wander the hotel one restless night. What better location to for a person like this to access than the roof? She didn't know the tanks were there initially -- agreed -- but the tanks were not her prime motivation; the roof was.

What was the end-game here for a killer to be involved? Again, there was no blunt force trauma anywhere on her body, nor alcohol/drugs in her system; so she would have had to be conscious entering the tank. If she was conscious entering the tank, there would have been a struggle, and there most certainly would have been scratches and scrapes on her body as she was being inserted into that small opening on the tank by someone -- her arms and legs were not tied and she would have had all her limbs to move. The fact there were no marks on her body is evidence that she lowered herself into the tank.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back