What does the jury think happened today?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What does the jury think happened?

• ICA plans to plead

Votes: 21 10.6%
  • ICA (or someone) is sick

Votes: 117 58.8%
  • Judge or Lawyer had a personal emergency

Votes: 24 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 37 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jail doctors have seen just about everything, IMO. There is a term in jail called 'Malingering' that an inmate can be written up for.

Jail doctors do not play. IMO, Casey will be examined and treated. She caught a break on it this afternoon but it will not work again. She gets the benefit of the doubt today. She will be brought into court in a wheelchair if need be. Seriously.

Personally, I do not think she was sick at all. I believe reality is finally setting in. I predict she will have a little stronger meds tomorrow.

MOO

It's so funny that you brought up "malingering" as DCS serves as an expert to identify "malingering".

http://www.plaintiffmagazine.com/Dec07%20articles/Sims_The%20myth%20of%20malingering_Is%20it%20the%20truth%20or%20a%20lie_Plaintiff%20magazine.pdf

Maybe she was considering death, decomposition, skeletons-- and the fact she's facing death herself.

Do we know if she has any phobias? If not, I think she's brewing one

Casey's Phobias: Fear of being imprisoned for the rest of her life? Fear of not having boyfriends, sex, partying, spending other peoples' money? Fear of not having others believe her lies? Fear of not being able to control and manipulate people? Fear of actually being held accountable for her actions and lies for the first time in her life? Fear that this might be one time that Mom and Dad won't take her side?

Dressed in white today (please) + super incriminating testimony today + tantrum yesterday because testimony ended on an incriminating note = "illness" and "taking toys and going home" today

Welcome to WS, OrlandoMom!

:welcome4::welcome4::welcome4:

Dressed in white today (please) + super incriminating testimony today + tantrum yesterday because testimony ended on an incriminating note = "illness" and "taking toys and going home" today

:goodpost: :welcome:

The brains of human beings contain mirror neurons. These mirror neurons are the physical structures of empathy. From a purely physiological perspective, that's why we feel sadness & cry when when are in the presence of someone who is sad, or happy when we interact with someone who is laughing.

When I watched KC's *emotional display* earlier today, I felt not one iota of sadness with her or for her. If anything, I felt annoyed, and as the display continued, I began to feel angry.

Then came the brief camera shot during recess that captured a hostile expression on KC's face. Bingo!

I contrast today's experience with CA's reaction on the witness stand during the playing of the July 15th 911 tape. My whole body ached as I watched CA break down. I felt her pain both physically and emotionally.

I say this as someone who has not followed this case until the trial began. Prior to the trial, I knew very little about the details of the case. As the witnesses testify and the evidence is presented, I'm hearing/seeing almost all of it for the first time. Before May 24, 2011, I had no particular opinion regarding Casey Anthony.

IMO, KC is a master manipulator with many years of practice. But I think she's as transparent as glass. She doesn't fool me for a nano-second.

I think her feigned display of anxiety and grief were a deliberate ploy on her part in an attempt to sway the jury because she knows the evidence against her is insurmountable.

BBM - I agree - her "performance" was intended to influence the jury ... and IMO the Inmate had no intention or desire for court to be in recess ... she wanted to continue her "performance" in front of the jury. She worked herself up to that point and wanted to show Baez what a good performance she could put on.
The Inmate saw her mother collapse and court was not recessed ... only a break was taken.... then Cindy had to retake the witness stand.
When the Inmate pulled the same stunt in jury selection, the day was not called to an abrupt stop -- the Inmate had a break and came back to finish the day out.
Her "performance" meant nothing without her "audience"/the jury.
She did not want to go back to her cell and away from all the pawing attention of her attorney crew.
IMO the State put a stop to the proceedings today, as much as anybody else. They surely did not want this charade to continue in front of the jury. Just as they voiced their concerns in jury selection when the Inmate was sitting there crying in front of the potential jurors.

I voted no and I am sure people will think I am off my rocker! I promise I have a reasonable explanation. :floorlaugh:

I am not defending Casey in anyway when I say this because I do think she's guilty and I do think that the defense used this to their advantage today. I don't think that she was acting today. I think that she was having a panic attack just like she did when Caylee's remains were first found and she doubled over in the jail when she saw the exact location on the news. You could see that she was visibly shaking and taking deep breaths. I suffer from anxiety and that just recently happened to me during a bad storm we had. I was shaking and my breathing was deep due to the anxiety. I think that the defense totally used that to their advantage to make the jury feel sorry for her but I don't think that it will work. However for Casey it just goes to show how freaking guilty she really is.

Jail doctors have seen just about everything, IMO. There is a term in jail called 'Malingering' that an inmate can be written up for.

Jail doctors do not play. IMO, Casey will be examined and treated. She caught a break on it this afternoon but it will not work again. She gets the benefit of the doubt today. She will be brought into court in a wheelchair if need be. Seriously.

Personally, I do not think she was sick at all. I believe reality is finally setting in. I predict she will have a little stronger meds tomorrow.

MOO

Malingering is an issue in the Army as well. I know I never went on sick call, despite blowing a disc in my back, because I didn't want to be labeled a "malingerer". You're right about a tougher standard in store for her. :cow:

I don't think this KC episode was planned by the defense. It seemed like JB and crew were surprised and needed a break to plan for what witnesses were coming up. I don't think they expected the pictures to come in this quickly. If there was any day for her to be sick I'd think seeing the pictures of her child's skull with duct tape would be the day.

In the first Image of ICA crying wiping her eyes she is giving the prosecutor the finger.
She seems to really like doing this. That was the only pic I saw her do the eye wipe that way. Wonder what part of the questioning he was at. I don't think she cried when Lee was there.
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/28182689/detail.html

Good catch - I believe that's called the "Lee finger" these days.

And I'm hoping HHJP makes up those two hours by working an hour longer tomorrow and one on Saturday. This jury is gonna be up for combat pay.

I think that Casey had an anxiety attack after realizing that there is no way she is getting out of paying the price for what she did to little Caylee. She is realizing that she is going to either spend the rest of her life in prison or be given the death penalty. The attention she is getting will die down and she will be left to face either death or never again being out in the free world. She is becoming aware that she is no longer calling the shots and that life won't be all about her anymore. I think her anxiety is all about herself and not at all about poor little Caylee. She did really look sick but more like overwhelmed with panic and fear, in my opinion. Also, she has alienated her family so she can't expect support, visits, letters, and money from them for the rest of her stay in prison. It will be a very lonely future for her.

I think she faked it. There's several water bottles in front of her. She was burping on and off all day. I don't know about any of you, but if I'm feeling sick, I don't drink anything nor want anything to drink or eat. As for anxiety attacts, she would have asked to leave long before she did. It was a show for the jurors.

caseywater6911-1.jpg

In the first Image of ICA crying wiping her eyes she is giving the prosecutor the finger.
She seems to really like doing this. That was the only pic I saw her do the eye wipe that way. Wonder what part of the questioning he was at. I don't think she cried when Lee was there.
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/28182689/detail.html

Good Catch !! I went back and looked at the slides and it really is clear as day. To double check it I took a kleenex and pretended to wipe my eyes and blow my nose, lol What I realized that by instinct I use my index finger more than that middle finger. :waitasec: She also is covering alot of anger and one more point I want to make is that I've noticed when she feigns tears, it's always pulling at her nose more than wiping her eyes. She makes her nose and face all RED. :maddening:

Actually, I think the Zombie demeanor of the past few days was the ploy. Casey was out choosing videos, spending the next day in bed with Tony, clubbing all over town, entering Hot Body contests, ALL THAT...because she is so damaged by sexual abuse that she doesn't "feel." So sayeth Jose Baez.

Hence, the weird detached Zombie-defendant the jury has observed. But today, Casey blew JB's Hoax....big time.

She was faced with her handiwork...and gee...sickened by emotion. Just wasn't sickened BACK then by her Baby's death...by the thought of Caylee's suffering....when there were parties to go to...and Tony to play with.

Where was the Queen of Ugly Coping today?

They cannot have it both ways.

I think you have it exactly right. ^^^
I hope someone gets the chance to ask JB if he had to special order his Casey bs-o-meter to know when she's turned off her 'bizarre' behavior and is telling the truth.

Too bad he can't be asked under oath in front of the jury.

Steve (the kid's dad) just told me that he thinks that it would be in her best interests to show up tomorrow and waive her right to be there because he thinks that she looks so bad up there that she would be better off not being there at all than sitting there with everyone knowing that she is faking it.

I voted no and I am sure people will think I am off my rocker! I promise I have a reasonable explanation. :floorlaugh:

I am not defending Casey in anyway when I say this because I do think she's guilty and I do think that the defense used this to their advantage today. I don't think that she was acting today. I think that she was having a panic attack just like she did when Caylee's remains were first found and she doubled over in the jail when she saw the exact location on the news. You could see that she was visibly shaking and taking deep breaths. I suffer from anxiety and that just recently happened to me during a bad storm we had. I was shaking and my breathing was deep due to the anxiety. I think that the defense totally used that to their advantage to make the jury feel sorry for her but I don't think that it will work. However for Casey it just goes to show how freaking guilty she really is.

I dont think it goes to show shes guilty at all, in fact had she sat there like a expressionless stone, that would really show me shes guilty. Shes still a human being and her childs skull is being talked about like its nothing, I think it has to be upsetting, and it has to be stressful to be confronted with all this for the first time in front of the world. jmo

I seriously doubt her fake crying was about Caylee. She looked like she was trying to muster a reaction from the time LDB warned the DT was she was fitting to do next. Then in that little 5 minute recess she left the table and it she looked conflicted about how she was supposed to start the "meltdown" .

All I know is this "meltdown" was nothing in comparision to her hysterical reaction to Baez in opening statements talking about her father molesting her. Go Figure!

Good catch - I believe that's called the "Lee finger" these days.

And I'm hoping HHJP makes up those two hours by working an hour longer tomorrow and one on Saturday. This jury is gonna be up for combat pay.

OMG that was a fine catch - I totally missed it (shock, lol).

Who ever wipes away their "tears" with their middle finger???? She is one conniving, vindictive little B.

Love the angelic white outfit - - - I'm sure this will save her. lol

Will the inmate be wearing black tomorrow to infer that she's in mourning for (the skull) with all of the duct tape covering her nose and mouth??? (AKA: her baby)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille
Back