What does the jury think happened today?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What does the jury think happened?

• ICA plans to plead

Votes: 21 10.6%
  • ICA (or someone) is sick

Votes: 117 58.8%
  • Judge or Lawyer had a personal emergency

Votes: 24 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 37 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ITA Sleuth5. I think this is the "meltdown" so many of us have anticipated - in the form of internalised rage. She thinks she has been playing the jury up until now, with her deadpan emotionless expression when they are present, with a few appropriate tissue wipes thrown in now and again, compared with her cocky giggling and chatting when they are not present. I believe she realised she had lost them with today's testimony and she "has no control over any of this".

I agree. I believe she saw horrified looks, and felt the sadness in that room. She was probably thinking.... What? oh-- wow, I messed up. these people are really affected. Oh no this is not good. And I'm not saying that to be funny. I really think it has hit her.:twocents:

hmmm very interesting, sleuther!
So it appears Dotty is very well educated in malingering and lying clients ?? Perhaps she'll write her own book about KC ...
It does explain her coolness to KC for the most part ... the pretend concern she puts forth ... the "there, there pats" on KC's back that look strained and fake to me ... she's had KC's number from the start for sure ...

IMO, they will realize she was feigning sickness. Par for the course when it comes to Casey...

The jury probably hopefully can put two and two together and notice that CA was in distress today, I really don't think its the much of a mystery to them what happened, but who knows. Casey is never going to take a plea.

I think they "know". She was putting on her show or getting sick before the break.

From what I read in someones post. ICA stood up as the jury was to leave and sat back down looking ill. If the jury saw that then they know that something was up with ICA. It was said many of the jurors were not paying attention to her. This was her way of gaining their attention.

I was half-expecting a plea, after the recess when everybody went into chambers. But alas, no.

I guess we shall see at 9AM tomorrow whether ICA has ANY sense at all and just stops wasting everyone's time & money. I would be sad if they don't get to Dr. G, but that's just me being selfish.

If they start talking about insects and animals tearing apart the dead baby---I mean, ICA CAN'T try this BS every day right? They let her escape today ('one more day'), but she has so much worse yet to hear---Her head will explode during closing arguments, or before that if they have her ON TAPE buying chloroform ingredients and/or if her prints are all over the bags & duct tape (are they? was it too degraded?).

I just fear a huge outburst if she has to listen to all of it. She was BOILING with shame today, IMO.

just off the top of my head, the ones that were amazed/sickened by all they have heard/seen so far were probably hoping she was going to plead out....mostly because they would probably already like to go home. If they think they know what she must have done, they are going to be irritated if she drags this out, or her DT. jmo

I am wondering if she will show up tomorrow. At the showing of the NG entertainment show ICA was still in the infirmary.

When she began "listing" at the defense table I knew immediately that she was pulling a carbon copy of Cindy's breakdown on the witness stand. KC was beginning to assume the same posture (slumping over) and I wondered if she would actually duplicate the posture where the head was nearly on the table. She almost did. KC is a mimic and we're all onto her. The reason that it was so draining on her to have to keep up the act was no one at the defense table consoled her. At one point I saw her "peek" out from her straightjacket-y pose to check to see if Mason was looking at her! (He wasn't!) When Jose is "nice to her" she's compliant. When Jose and/or the others are distant she feels she needs to go for the histrionics. She worked herself up into a state probably saying things to herself like "why isn't Jose fighting harder for me!"

I think KC realised she had reached the end of the hallway.

I didn't vote because none of the choices fit my feelings. Casey's "illness" was feigned and a very lame attempt to appear distressed by the photos of her child's remains. She knew that the jury and everyone else in the courtroom would be aghast and want to know what kind of monster would do this to a beautiful child. Attention was focused on the little girl who's life was taken much too soon, and Casey couldn't deal with it. jmo

I was half-expecting a plea, after the recess when everybody went into chambers. But alas, no.

I guess we shall see at 9AM tomorrow whether ICA has ANY sense at all and just stops wasting everyone's time & money. I would be sad if they don't get to Dr. G, but that's just me being selfish.

If they start talking about insects and animals tearing apart the dead baby---I mean, ICA CAN'T try this BS every day right? They let her escape today ('one more day'), but she has so much worse yet to hear---Her head will explode during closing arguments, or before that if they have her ON TAPE buying chloroform ingredients and/or if her prints are all over the bags & duct tape (are they? was it too degraded?).

I just fear a huge outburst if she has to listen to all of it. She was BOILING with shame today, IMO.

I think what some people might not be understanding is that, they didn't let her "escape" today. She got sick, she is a human being and is really supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, but shes been tried in the public eye for almost three years now and she is never going to be able to win. If she sat there like a bump on the log today we would hear how cold she is, and it like no one thinks shes not capable of getting sick or something, I really don't know. The chick drove around for who knows how long with her daughters dead body rotting in the back, that really is not the actions of a murderous mother with a long standing plan who couldnt get rid of the child fast enough. There is something mentally wrong with this person and I am having a hard time joining the lynch mob, I find all of this incredibly sad all the way around.

jmo

My best guess is it was late in the day and additional preparation was needed and unexpected for what was to come next.

I think they likely welcomed the break after viewing the photo's they did.

jmo

Casey may have had a similar reaction today as she had when the remains were found. Also, she could see the faces of the jurors, too. She may have just panicked, for herself, of course.

We know she has anger issues. She probably also has panic attacks.

There's a good chance she may have truly had some sort of reaction today.

Although I originally voted for Defense Team initiated.

I watched the entire time she was in court fake crying. I never saw her take a new tissue the whole time. If someone had truly cried, tears and all, for that long a period I would think they would have used more than one tissue. JMO

I feel this was all a big act.
She partied and had "a beautiful life" immediately after Caylee's death and for all those 31 days! She was never upset, never! And that's according to every single person that had any kind of contact with her during those days.
If she was crying today, it wasn't for the loss of Caylee, it was for herself. She just may be having feelings that 'the show is over'!
She isn't sick, she's evil all the way around!
JMHO.

When she began "listing" at the defense table I knew immediately that she was pulling a carbon copy of Cindy's breakdown on the witness stand. KC was beginning to assume the same posture (slumping over) and I wondered if she would actually duplicate the posture where the head was nearly on the table. She almost did. KC is a mimic and we're all onto her. The reason that it was so draining on her to have to keep up the act was no one at the defense table consoled her. At one point I saw her "peek" out from her straightjacket-y pose to check to see if Mason was looking at her! (He wasn't!) When Jose is "nice to her" she's compliant. When Jose and/or the others are distant she feels she needs to go for the histrionics. She worked herself up into a state probably saying things to herself like "why isn't Jose fighting harder for me!"

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

I had to leave today at page 27 of the afternoon thread (early - 11:45 a.m in California). Returned four hours later. I just was able to review the remaining 4 or so pages and watched the last video on WFTV and I believe it was a total fake-out. The MINUTE Judge Perry released the jury she relaxed. And when Judge Perry advised the media there were no comments she relaxed even more. Couldn't even muster up enough energy to continue her fake-out. Back to same-old, same-old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenae
Back