What evidence does the prosecution have?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK, no one here has accused the doc or his staff of falsifying anything.

What I do see is OPs wondering why if GZ was so severely injured, as he and his friends and family would have us believe, why would he not go to an ER or Urgent Care facility. In addition, he had 108 options in the Sanford Community and he chose to go 14 miles away to a doc whose specialty is Internal Medicine and Osteopathy.

The other point that OPs have made is that GZ could have further injured himself anytime after he left the police station and before going to the doc.

<modsnip>

Simple. It cost more to go to ER!!!!!!!!!!! IMO.

Yes it's my opinion. The power of a bullet usually overrides anything else. Ask any store owner that's been held at gunpoint.

Plus, we need to remember the context as pointed out by the girl friend. If the gun was pulled prior to the physical altercation, Trayvon would have grabbed at it in response to someone saying "what are you doing here," not in response to someone saying, for example, "hit the ground or I'll blow your brains out." I don't think I'd personally try to get the gun in the second scenario, but I'm certain I would not have in the first. I would have said what I was doing there...pronto. jmo

Did you have a gun pointed at your face? If you did, you were very brave. You are probably also in the minority of what most people would do in that situation.

Unfortunately, in my hometown of Baltimore, this is exactly how a lot of people have gotten killed, trying to take a gun out of someone's hand or trying to knock a gun out of someone's hand.

Sometimes robbers try to under estimate a store clerk holding a gun. So many of the robbers have gotten shot this way. YouTube has a lot of videos showing store clerks trying to take on an armed robber.

Some Sanford officers were skeptical from the beginning about certain details of Mr. Zimmerman&#8217;s account. For instance, he told the police that Mr. Martin had punched him over and over again, but they questioned whether his injuries were consistent with the number of blows he claimed he received. They also suspected that some of the threatening and dramatic language that Mr. Zimmerman said Mr. Martin uttered during the struggle &#8212; like &#8220;You are going to die tonight&#8221; &#8212; sounded contrived.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/us/trayvon-martin-case-shadowed-by-police-missteps.html

Some Sanford officers were skeptical from the beginning about certain details of Mr. Zimmerman’s account. For instance, he told the police that Mr. Martin had punched him over and over again, but they questioned whether his injuries were consistent with the number of blows he claimed he received. They also suspected that some of the threatening and dramatic language that Mr. Zimmerman said Mr. Martin uttered during the struggle — like “You are going to die tonight” — sounded contrived.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/us/trayvon-martin-case-shadowed-by-police-missteps.html

Thanks for this link Teh, it's an informative article. I would really like to know what this means:

After Gov. Rick Scott of Florida contacted Mr. Wolfinger and had a conversation with him in late March, the prosecutor recused himself, citing, among other things, an unspecified conflict of interest.

To document that the injuries were NOT sustained on the job and that a dr. felt that continuing work would not exacerbate the injuries. SOP CYA

I'm sorry to sound ignorant but what do these abbreviations mean? TIA:banghead:

Originally Posted by Sun48shine
Can you all help me with these questions?

How would TM end up with broken skin on his knuckles, unless he hit GZ in his mouth? Teeth can break the skin on knuckles. I had seen so many fights in high school, but I have never seen anyone with broken skin on their knuckles, unless they hit someone in the mouth, hit a wall or their hand hit the ground. I can understand bruising, but broken skin on his knuckles makes me wonder how it really happened?

Could TM's skinned knuckles have come from him and GZ rolling around on the ground and skinning his knuckles? Could TM have held his hands around GZ face/ears while his knuckles were down, and then started pounding GZ's head into the ground? Could his skinned knuckles have come from him falling on the ground, after being shot?

So many thoughts are going through my mind on this one.

bbm

Perhaps he skinned his knuckles trying to knock the gun out of Zimmerman's hand. Guns are hard metal and can have a sharp edge here and there.

I suspect the broken skin on Trayvon's knuckles is very minor. Otherwise the Funeral Director would have noticed it.

And I do not think the FD was lying about it. Why would he want to be labeled a liar when he knew the autopsy report would conflict with his observations and statement?

imo

Or maybe he skinned them beating a head into concrete sidewalk. Just saying....

ONE abrasion below the knuckle on ring finger 1/4 inch long.....gun fired from "intermedite" range.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/47453093/#47453093

Seeing as so many people have referred to the "injuries to Trayvon's KNUCKLES" with an "S" as "scrapes" and "skinned knuckles," this report is even more descriptive and revealing.

Now, it is not "Injuries to his Knuckles" it is one abrasion below th knuckle of one of his ring fingers. Anyone who works outside knows that even a rose bush or a tree branch are just a few of the things found outside that can cause an abrasion to the finger below the knuckle. Heck, GZ had so much crap on his belt that Trayvon could have abrased his finger on anything on GZ...say even an open zipper on his jacket.

ONE abrasion below the knuckle on ring finger 1/4 inch long.....gun fired from "intermedite" range.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/47453093/#47453093

:what:

intermediate.

not close.

whoa.

florida teenager trayvon martin died from a single bullet wound to his chest. fired from a gun at intermediate range, according to an autopsy report prepared by a medical examiner and reviewed today by nbc news. there was one other fresh injury on martin's body, according to the report, an abrasion, no more than a quarter of an inch in size to his left ring finger below the knuckle.

Seeing as so many people have referred to the "injuries to Trayvon's KNUCKLES" with an "S" as "scrapes" and "skinned knuckles," this report is even more descriptive and revealing.

Now, it is not "Injuries to his Knuckles" it is one abrasion below th knuckle of one of his ring fingers. Anyone who works outside knows that even a rose bush or a tree branch are just a few of the things found outside that can cause an abrasion to the finger below the knuckle. Heck, GZ had so much crap on his belt that Trayvon could have abrased his finger on anything on GZ...say even an open zipper on his jacket.

Or something on the phone as it was ripped from his hand. jmo

Anyone know if Trayvon was left handed?

Anyone know what intermediate range is?

And, a comment, I can see Trayvon thinking this guy following him might be a chuld molester and tried desperately to get away.

In intermediate-range wounds, the muzzle is held away from the skin but close enough that it still produces powder tattooing. This type of wound is also characterized by numerous reddish-brown to orange-red lesions around the entrance to the wound.
http://www.relentlessdefense.com/forensics/gunshot-wounds/

Read on because it is not cut and dried when a gunshot penetrates clothing. This could turn out to be a can of worms for the prosecution, meaning that determining the distance of a shot fired through clothing negates the accuracy of determining distance when powder residue is present on the victim's clothing. In other words intermediate range could very well be misleading, and the shot made at closer range.

Anyone know if Trayvon was left handed?

Anyone know what intermediate range is?

And, a comment, I can see Trayvon thinking this guy following him might be a chuld molester and tried desperately to get away.

Intermediate range in regards to a gunshot wound is 6-30" with stippling according to this link. Can't help you with right or left handed.

http://www.pathologyexpert.com/boards/forensics/gsw.htm

I hope this is the right place for my question.

In Florida can you get a concealed carry permit if you are under a psychiatrist or psychologist care?

What about taking a drug like Aderil(sp)?

That is a pretty wide range---from 6 inches to 30 inches. If that is as close as the estimation gets, it is not very helpful.

I hope this is the right place for my question.

In Florida can you get a concealed carry permit if you are under a psychiatrist or psychologist care?

What about taking a drug like Aderil(sp)?

The Department of Agriculture shall issue a license if the applicant::

Is at least 21 and a U.S. resident.

Does not suffer from a physical or mental infirmity which prevents the safe handling of a firearm.

Is not a convicted felon.

Has not within a three-year period preceding submission of the application been convicted of a crime of violence or committed for drug abuse or been convicted of a minor drug offense.

Has not been adjudicated guilty even with a suspended sentence for a felony or misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, unless three years has elapsed since probation or the record is sealed or expunged.

Is not a chronic or habitual drunkard.

Is not currently under any injunction restraining the applicant from acts of domestic violence or repeated acts of violence.
States that he desires a legal means to carry a concealed weapon or firearm for lawful self-defense.

Retrieved [URL="http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/p/gunlaws_fl.htm]here[/URL], I'm sure there's a more technical version available somewhere, but this was one of the first results for "florida gun laws"

Also:
Why is this medication prescribed?

The combination of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine is used as part of a treatment program to control symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD; more difficulty focusing, controlling actions, and remaining still or quiet than other people who are the same age) in adults and children. Dextroamphetamine and amphetamine tablets are also used to treat narcolepsy (a sleep disorder that causes excessive daytime sleepiness and sudden attacks of sleep). The combination of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine is in a class of medications called central nervous system stimulants. It works by changing the amounts of certain natural substances in the brain.

From: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000166/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member