What evidence does the prosecution have?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A person whose back is against the wall with no other choice than to defend themself by whatever means possible. That's who.

Do you really think a person looking down the barrel of a gun is going to rationally stop and think, "Now hang just a second here. What are my logical choices and alternatives? I could a)... or maybe b)... would be a better alternative. Hmm... what should I do?" It's human instinct to fight back when your young life is flashing before your eyes.

:moo:

No, I think they are going to do what most people do when they have a gun pointed at them, cower and not do anything, for fear of getting shot if they move towards the gun. Especially if the person pointing the gun at them is bigger than they are.

Okay, so let's go with that. Let's say that Trayvon skinned his knuckles wrestling for the gun. Would that be cause for GZ to be alarmed, if someone was trying to take the gun away from him?

Seeing the gun pointed at him would certainly be cause for TM to be alarmed and to try and take the gun away from GZ.

When I was strong arm robbed, I fought like hell. Adrenalin and instinct kicked in. Different strokes...

My point was that one doesn't stop to rationally think what the possible consequences might be in such a situation. Reaction is instantaneous and instinctual, IMO.

Did you have a gun pointed at your face? If you did, you were very brave. You are probably also in the minority of what most people would do in that situation.

Did you have a gun pointed at your face? If you did, you were very brave. You are probably also in the minority of what most people would do in that situation.

I think most people would fight. The survival instinct is going to kick in as it does any time your life is in danger.

I think most people would fight. The survival instinct is going to kick in as it does any time your life is in danger.

I disagree.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no evidence at this time that GZ had a gun pointed at TM. If there is, I'd love to see it.

This isn't the movies. It doesn't normally go down like that in real life.

Umm, "in real life" no one is alarmed when they have a gun pointed at them? Only the guy holding the gun can be legitimately alarmed if his victim tries to take it away from him? And "normally" everybody who has a gun pointed at them simply accepts their fate, their death at the hands of another, with no other possible reaction? You need to watch better movies. Sorry, mods. I'm time-outing myself.

Seeing the gun pointed at him would certainly be cause for TM to be alarmed and to try and take the gun away from GZ.

IT could have happened that way. TM might have panicked and reached for the gun. If so, GZ will probably have a good self defense case, imo.

Umm, "in real life" no one is alarmed when they have a gun pointed at them? Only the guy holding the gun can be legitimately alarmed if his victim tries to take it away from him? And "normally" everybody who has a gun pointed at them simply accepts their fate, their death at the hands of another, with no other possible reaction? You need to watch better movies. Sorry, mods. I'm time-outing myself.

Alarmed/fearful and moving at the gun to try to take it away are two different things. Yes, some may do that, most will not.

Alarmed/fearful and moving at the gun to try to take it away are two different things. Yes, some may do that, most will not.

I'm assuming this is your personal opinion? Or do you have some statistics to back up this claim?

I'm assuming this is your personal opinion? Or do you have some statistics to back up this claim?

Yes it's my opinion. The power of a bullet usually overrides anything else. Ask any store owner that's been held at gunpoint.

oops...we've derailed here.

Topical thread linked below -

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172326"]George Zimmerman's injuries, per leaked reports.[/ame]

So he just got up that morning and went to work and they told him to go to the Dr. and get cleared or else he could not work?

He didn't even have a regular job. He was an independent contractor, along with hundreds of others, that reviewed files for defaulted mortgages, trying to find someone to blame that could be sued. The company bought these files from mortgage companies, kind of like a collection agency would. If collection could be made, the company would get a cut, and I presume GZ would then get his percentage.

He did not meet with the public, no reason to be cleared to come back to work. And it had not been publicized yet (plus the office was in Maitland, not the same area), GZ was not "notorious" yet. As an independent contractor, I would imagine he would work when he felt like it and could even work at off hours if he wanted to avoid other people.

But that's okay, he quickly figured out a way to make more money than ever!!

I'm pretty sure he just had that visit to "document" his injuries, no doubt with his father's encouragement. He did not seem concerned, he did not take the doctors advice to get his possibly broken nose examined by an ENT.

MOO.

BBM Just curious, have you mapquested all 108 options to see how far they are from The Retreat at twin Lakes? Checked to see if they were accepting new patients? Checked to see what their days and hours of operation were? Checked to see if they accepted Zimmerman's insurance? Checked to see if all 108 were still actually in business?

AFAIK, no one here has accused the doc or his staff of falsifying anything.

What I do see is OPs wondering why if GZ was so severely injured, as he and his friends and family would have us believe, why would he not go to an ER or Urgent Care facility. In addition, he had 108 options in the Sanford Community and he chose to go 14 miles away to a doc whose specialty is Internal Medicine and Osteopathy.

The other point that OPs have made is that GZ could have further injured himself anytime after he left the police station and before going to the doc.

<modsnip>

Apologies. Can you move my posts to the GZ injury thread?

No problem.

In fact, I moved that whole discussion over to the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172326"]GZ Injury thread[/ame].

If anyone is missing a post, check there because I moved about 24 of them.

Bianca S said:
He didn't even have a regular job. He was an independent contractor, along with hundreds of others, that reviewed files for defaulted mortgages, trying to find someone to blame that could be sued. The company bought these files from mortgage companies, kind of like a collection agency would. If collection could be made, the company would get a cut, and I presume GZ would then get his percentage.

I'm curious as to the source of this info? Is it established that GZ was an independent contractor, and not an employee? Being an independent contractor changes some of my thoughts, if this is true. His employer would not likely require any clearance because of worker's comp worries.

Yes it's my opinion. The power of a bullet usually overrides anything else. Ask any store owner that's been held at gunpoint.

Perspective and perception are very funny things. I'm one of those people who get summoned for jury duty frequently - 8 times in 2 different states and 4 different court systems. One trial was for a grocery store owner who had beaten with a baseball bat a gun-wielding attempted robber. Go figure why the store owner was on trial. Fortunately for me because it appeared to be a really ugly case (not as much physically - but emotionally as it involved racial/immigrant factors) and I didn't think I could bear it at the time and would not relish it now, the last alternate selected from the potential juror pool was an attorney sitting next to me. Strangely enough, months later, I ran into one of the jurors at the mall, and he told me that trial had ended in a hung jury.

IT could have happened that way. TM might have panicked and reached for the gun. If so, GZ will probably have a good self defense case, imo.

Did you mean to say "GZ might have panicked and reached for the gun"? Because he was the one who came armed. So, if TM were still alive, he would have had a good self-defense case for beating the snot out of GZ. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back