What Got/Keeps You Involved in Caylee's Case?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I cannot fathom Casey's lying methodology. She appears to be on the same level as a toddler getting caught with his whole arm in the cookie jar and looking at you and saying "no" when asked if he opened the cookie jar. She can't look ahead even a few seconds to see that she is about to drive over a cliff with her lying. The best example of this was walking down the hallway to her "office" at Universal with detectives. What did she think would happen? Something magical?

I have a feeling that her parents made themselves swallow her lies all these years to keep her from getting "upset". Casey getting upset must have scared the daylights out of them and made life intolerable in the household. So they had to have tiptoed around her and agreed with her on everything to keep her calm. That is the only reasoning I can come up with to explain why she lies right up to the edge of the cliff.

But the true edge of the cliff is moving ever closer to Casey with every passing day. She cannot avoid this one fact.
Crazy as it sounds, I think you're completely right on this one, but her temper isn't going to stop a jury from convicting her!!! My 9-year-old tries it, but the difference is I try to nip it in the bud!

Yep, we could label this entire case The Anthony Family's Wild Ride. More fun than Mr. Toad's and never ends!

Except that Mr. Toad's wild ride is now the "adventures of Whiney the pooh"...I'm not sure what that means :)

I'm also fascinated by a number of aspects to this case. First is Casey's ability to lie about, apparently, everything. Her entire life was a lie, really, and it amazes me that she was able to carry this off.

Remember the text messages when Amy couldn't find her money (because Casey had stolen it!) and Casey was being so sympathetic about it? How can someone do that?

And then that first phone call, where her family and friends are trying to pry some information out of her and the only thing she wants is Tony's phone number. Can you imagine? Your two-year-old is missing, you've been arrested, your mother is weeping, and all you want to do is talk to your boyfriend-of-the-moment.

I remember attending a local court case of a stepmother who killed her stepdaughter. When she was on the stand talking about what happened, she got quite annoyed and said "You are all acting like I am a bad person! I was a good mother to her! I fed her, I took her to church on Sunday, I made sure she had nice clothes and toys. There was just that one incident when I lost my temper and hit her." (Yes, hit her hard enough that you fractured her skull and she died.) Casey completely reminds me of this person. In her mind, the killing of that child was just a minor thing and completely outweighed by the fact that she took the child to church every week.

Tink

I came here for '31 days'. I lingered because of Cindy and George. Now I'm here because of you guys. The wit here is just too much! :D

Oh and I'm also here so I don't miss the inevitable last 'smack down' of JB.

Caylee was the first reason I stayed here with this case.
For the last year, I have believed entirely on the state of Florida in getting a conviction. And because I truly feel that Justice will be served, I stay to watch Casey's reaction to the verdict and her mother's first interview after the fact. :)

I cannot fathom Casey's lying methodology. She appears to be on the same level as a toddler getting caught with his whole arm in the cookie jar and looking at you and saying "no" when asked if he opened the cookie jar. She can't look ahead even a few seconds to see that she is about to drive over a cliff with her lying. The best example of this was walking down the hallway to her "office" at Universal with detectives. What did she think would happen? Something magical?

I have a feeling that her parents made themselves swallow her lies all these years to keep her from getting "upset". Casey getting upset must have scared the daylights out of them and made life intolerable in the household. So they had to have tiptoed around her and agreed with her on everything to keep her calm. That is the only reasoning I can come up with to explain why she lies right up to the edge of the cliff. Oops, I wasn't exactly on topic, but this is why I'm interested. I want to see what is said about Casey's mental state and behavior.

But the true edge of the cliff is moving ever closer to Casey with every passing day. She cannot avoid this one fact.

I doubt if she flew into rages when upset very often. She probably had everyone else upset at each other to take the focus off anything she had done, and create confusion. Then, the guilt trips started and something to make Casey a victim. Cindy said on Myspace that the stealing and all the lies started after Caylee was born, so Casey probably didn't get caught at much before the birth and got worse and more disordered as an adult.

I guess I should note that I got interested in the case with all the activity around my business. I drive past the Amscot where KC's car was found each day on my way to work. I saw GA and his tent almost everyday passing out posters and Lake Underhill and Sawgrass Apartments are only blocks from my business. The area was turned upside down with searchers during the months after Caylee's disappearance. The news channels and local media were focused on the searches and story. My heart broke for the child.

Why I'm here and Why I stay:

My heart broke with the first picture of Caylee and a caption that read missing for 31 days, and literally ached when I heard CA's 911 call. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know the "Mom" knows more than she is saying. At the time I was completing my degree in Behavioral Science ..... need I say more... the A's could be a case study for the books. I stumbled upon WS during a google search... I lurked for awhile, but all of you are so engaging I got hooked and started posting.

Now I stay because of all of you. You can find news on this case anywhere on the web, but you can't find a better group of people to share opinions, knowledge, wit and let's face it, you guys are funny!

While we have a lot of fun with the inadequacy of JB, the lunacy of the A's, and the bizarre behavior of others, in the end....we all want the same thing.... justice.

I cannot figure out how I have not lost interest in this case, and I have been here since "day 1". It's like a bad train wreck you just can't help rubbernecking at. Maybe it's because I want to see it through to the end. But I can say this.....I am going to have a huge hole to fill with something in my daily life when this case ends. I cannot go through a day without checking in here at least once. It is really more like 10 times a day...but still...will need something else to become TotallyObsessed over when this ends.

I cannot figure out how I have not lost interest in this case, and I have been here since "day 1". It's like a bad train wreck you just can't help rubbernecking at. Maybe it's because I want to see it through to the end. But I can say this.....I am going to have a huge hole to fill with something in my daily life when this case ends. I cannot go through a day without checking in here at least once. It is really more like 10 times a day...but still...will need something else to become TotallyObsessed over when this ends.

ITA!! I'm going back to college for a second degree in the fall! (hope the trial doesn't take over 4 months) I'm going to miss everyone's companionship!! What a great group of keen minds!

I came to WS because of this case and have happily stayed and explored other cases. The 31 days, the lies, the reaction of both GA & CA, Baez antics, the professionalism of the State Atty's throughout all of the Defense's "Musical Chairs" of Atty's and their own antics (ie: Todd M, Baez, CM) and others. I have found good people, with common interests and an overwhelming desire to speak for those who can no longer speak (or who were never allowed to speak up). I value differing opinions and still look for truth, and this case has validated that there are so many others who want Justice for Caylee.

The first time I saw a news story that showed Casey in handcuffs and the look on her face. I call it the "Mission Accomplished" look. My first reaction was that she is guilty. Then the details began to emerge - 31 days - but she NEVER reported anything and wouldn't have until this very day unless her mother made the 911 call.

When I heard her first phone call from jail, I felt she was a cold calculated killer "All they want is Caylee back", and I am hanging on hoping that she she gets what she deserves.

What got me interested in this case and keeps me interested is the behavior of this family. From the get go, the way Casey seemed to smiling as she was led into court on that first footage....and the fact that the child was missing for 31 days. The way Casey seemed to be smiling I thought, "wow, this chick is nutso". She hasnt disappointed yet...then the whole family got crazier and crazier and there is just so much mystery to it...who all is involved in cover up, etc. I HAVE to know.

I was drawn to this case because my heart told me that Caylee was gone and I was fascinated by the sheer audacity of kc's lies. I expected to hear her confess at any moment and allow the irreplacible Caylee the resting place and justice she deserves. I am still hoping to hear kc's immediate family scream 'Tell us what you've done!!!' to her and snap out of this netherworld they seem to be in.

She put that lovely, innocent girl in garbage bags and tossed her away. Personally, I need to see justice served in order to assure me that the world order is working as it should.

I originally became interested in this case because 31 days was a long time to wait to report a child missing and stayed for the GA, CA, JB drama.

Now I am also interested in the fallout from this trial.

1. Will GA and CA divorce?
2. Will the Florida Bar investigate JB?
3. How long before the book and movie deals hit the market?
4. Who will have those book and movie deals?
5. Will JB become the "media darling" he envisions?
6. Will the trial win an appeal and be tried a second time?
7. Will JA or LDB run for political office?

Ramblings of a "got too much time on my hands" mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina
Back