Votes: 14 3.5%
  • F

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • not sure

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
An unequivocal 'A!' Sometimes I think he is being lenient, but then he is far more patient and less impulsive than I tend to be. I am so enamored by HHJP that today, when he brought Mr Green back in the courtroom to hold him in contempt for his blatant act of disregard for the court, I blurted out "I love this man and I'd marry him, if I wasn't already married!" Think I scared the carp out of my husband, who overheard me from his home office! :floorlaugh:

I'm not sure how he could do any better, so I gave him an A. I do realize, however, that this was the easy part. I have a little concern about how this "homeless" jury pool might play out, but I'm keeping the faith. :)

You and me Quiche. I'll share a bench with ya.

He's doing a great job. Just the right balance for the circumstances.

A+! I think he is doing a fantastic job! My goodness I just LOVE him!

My opinion of him went down after seeing how inefficiently he ran the first phase of jury selection. From the beginning it was clear that the priority was to identify those who would not face any hardships being away from their work and families for two months. Beginning by going on and on about the details of the case was at that point irrelevant. Either you can be away from your work and family for two months or you can't. Ask everyone in the group about hardship issues, and have those who feel they can do it without hardship to wait in a room, without discussing the case. Interview everybody else and send home the ones who can't do it. Then you can begin to explain the case to the potential jurors.

Also, if I had been a potential juror, I would not have liked being addressed the way Mason did on several occasions, when he was desperately trying to be charming by making remarks like "Can you be away from those new-fangled electronic gadgets for two months without dying?" or "So you don't have an 87-year-old mother to take care of?" It's a murder trial. Seems to me the judge could have told him to tone it down a bit.

He was too lenient on the guy that weaseled out of being a juror. Fifty bucks a month, and free to go and hit the talk show circuit? Not much of a statement made there, and a weak deterrent. And then proudly announcing something like "How do you like me now?" made it clear he has an ego.

Finally, there's the issue of agreeing to send someone to a homeless shelter to search for jurors. As if his refusal to play along with the idea could have been grounds for an appeal.

Part of the reason for his popularity is that he is not like some of the judges we've seen elsewhere. He's not power-tripping, rude, biased, or seeking fame, and so far at least, doesn't appear to have been paid off.

I think Judge Perry deserves an A+. :cheer:
He's been fair and he's been tough.
But what sets him apart is his compassion. :luv:

A+ for me too.
Everyone makes mistakes and JBP has made some imho but I think that he is doing has very best to make sure ICA has a fair trial and an appeal will be moot.

I give Judge Perry an A+!

He cares about people and it shows. Enough said.

I say A.. I know a lot of people are getting excused but honestly how many of use would be able to drop everything for 6-8 weeks?
Financially we would be okay since I'm a SAHM and only work part part time but being away for that long would be an issue. The only way it would work is if DH's parents were willing to put their life on hold to watch our kids 40+ hours a week for the duration I'm gone. Sure they probably would if I had to but that's a lot to ask of someone.

Love him.

While the charge and the case are serious...he has injected something that can make us smile a leeeettle bit right now. I am pretty sure he'll tone down his humor when everything REALLY gets started.

I hope he doesn't allow what already is a circus become a three ring one.

But!! I don't like the homeless angle either...when i heard that I raised my eyebrows and said "Say whaaaa?"

No, I know it was Baez :banghead: but he should have just refused. By the end of this Jury selection JB is going to wish he had.
I didn't say he is lenient on the hardship folks, he is being very kind, but the hardships are what makes this so difficult. It would not be such a hardship if the Jury came from OC.

Or Seminole...or Lake...

His Honor, Judge Perry - EXEMPLIFIES what is the aspiration of his position. I am so very very impressed with him. NOTE: I haven't heard ANY silly critical/sarcastic jabs for him on any of the threads (just a few disagree, but nothing like the JB stuff)....WS/THM/Monkey etc. are all 100% positive. That speaks VOLUMES! My GAWD is he a GAWDSEND! (He stated today he's not Catholic, but I assume he's a God man/angel for Caylee.... exemplified)

EDIT: I would above say Godsend etc....but don't want to offend anyone ..and I don't think HHJP would want to be compared as so/raised that highly. So "Gawd" was being respectful of YOUR God as you believe him to be........... and HHJP........if you know what I mean.

HHJP isn't the one who wanted it moved out of Orlando!

As far as being lenient on the hardship clause 8 weeks of sequestering outside the area poses some distinct differences than a week close to home. MOO

I think he is fantastic. Can the public nominate a Supreme Court Justice?

I usually just lurk....but have to give kudos to the Judge!

He has been very patient with all concerned, including Her Majesty.

I gave him an "A". As for the homeless thing -- I don't think he meant anything bad by it, but I believe there are those that will definitely interpret it in a negative way. There was just someone on Nancy Grace tonight that said the judge's comments were "egregious".

I was very pleased with the judges decision to hold the juror in contempt.

I only gave him a B because he of the way he lets CM go on sometimes trying to get people that clearly ought to be excused.

One other thought...I know there is no way to tell who is telling the truth but I have never seen so many people caring for sick parents. Out of the number of people questioned it seems to be an awful high percent of them using this excuse.

But I do think he is doing a great job just not an A, probably wouldn't give anyone one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr