Votes: 14 3.5%
  • F

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • not sure

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said B. I wanted to say A+++ because he has literally became my favorite judge in the entire world. I will say that when he feels blatantly disrespected, he doesn't take any prisoners (no pun unintended). But at the same time- he has the patience of a saint. I realize he has more law knowledge than most of us will ever have in our pinky toe- and that he must adhere to the law, but I wish he wasn't so understanding. I realize he can't tell DA to STHU, but I think he set the stage for the whole Defense when he let them go on about matters not relevant to the Media/DP for -hours- with the first PJ's. I feel like the DA's don't show him enough respect. They address him as Your Honor... but I honestly don't see the honor. They come across as disregarding, spoiled brats- and I (personally) haven't witnessed a judge that would let anyone (try to) make such a mockery of his courtroom. Bottom line, HHJBP is lovely. And while none of us would want to see him jeopardize this trial by prohibiting their endless motions/objections/monotone speeches that seem to be never ending- there are times that I wish HH would approach the podium and flip a booger at JB's mouth.

I have a 'thing' that's bothering me and lost where to put it.

The indictment.

In the indictment that Judge Perry reads (ya know, the one where ICA turns on the waterworks ;). He reads that Caylee Marie Anthony was not reported or reported missing after 31 days. This gives the impression that ICA reported Caylee missing. She NEVER reported her child missing. The GRANDMA reported the child missing.

No- ICA said "I don't have anything to talk to them about" when asked to speak to 911 AND- proceeded to lie and say she had spoken to Caylee the day before.......:banghead:

The indictment should be CLEAR who eventually reported Caylee Marie Anthony missing........Am I alone in this assumption?

hhjp=A

can we grade others?

if so the defense would get a D minus. They are vastly unprepared and inexperienced in questioning jurors.

the State: B plus

let's get the ball rolling!

eta: just think about the defenses' actions today... see how long they are taking? imagine the trial... just imagine what they do then...

I'm sorry but I had to give him a C and it probably isn't his fault and nothing that he can control but why is the DT allowed to practically go through their whole case with these potential jurors? I thought that they were just supposed to find out if they could be impartial and form an opinion based on just the evidence presented. Is it normal to spend 4 hours questioning a juror or are these just stall tactics? Can't the judge speed up the process. At this rate, it will be the end of august before a jury is picked.

Why can't they just have all the jurors in the room at the same time and go "Okay..if you don't believe in the death penalty or don't feel that you could vote for the death penalty if it is called for...raise your hand." "Okay your are all dismissed."

Next question......Then just question a little further those that are left over.

I served jury duty once and of course if was not a death penalty case but that is the way it was done.

When ask if we knew anyone in law enforcement, those that raised their hands were ask about that. Then you were either excused or kept for the next question.

This is so slow it is almost painful.

I'm sorry but I had to give him a C and it probably isn't his fault and nothing that he can control but why is the DT allowed to practically go through their whole case with these potential jurors? I thought that they were just supposed to find out if they could be impartial and form an opinion based on just the evidence presented. Is it normal to spend 4 hours questioning a juror or are these just stall tactics? Can't the judge speed up the process. At this rate, it will be the end of august before a jury is picked.

Why can't they just have all the jurors in the room at the same time and go "Okay..if you don't believe in the death penalty or don't feel that you could vote for the death penalty if it is called for...raise your hand." "Okay your are all dismissed."

Next question......Then just question a little further those that are left over.

I served jury duty once and of course if was not a death penalty case but that is the way it was done.

When ask if we knew anyone in law enforcement, those that raised their hands were ask about that. Then you were either excused or kept for the next question.

He is doing it this way because of the threat of appeals down the road. By doing it one by one in a pain staking way, he has everything down on the record, and can defend his decisions when the DT whines and moans about it.

I agree. The judge is gonna have to move this along a little bit quicker. I can barely keep my eyes open when listening (lol). JP has a gentle way with the jurors, but I would imagine all judges want to establish rapport. I haven't seen "oh, wow, fantastic" yet. He's good...but I assume that the "average" judge is pretty much the same.

PS- does anyone know if the judge ruled on the 31 days motion?

Until today, I was all for a strong B. After today, it's now a C. He needs to pull the reins in on the DT for "coaching" potential jurors on the word "mitigation, mitigating, etc". Just interview them and get off the seed planting of mitigation. IMO, the DT knows they are cooked and are trying to sway during the jury selection process so she doesn't get death. JP needs to pull them back on that.

Me too. I gave him a B, today he gets a C. He needs to reign the DT in a bit - they're getting away with to much.

I know he's doing his best, but Jose is practically sitting in his lap!

MOO

Mel

The homeless shelter jury pool gave me heartburn. He had an A- until that point due to allowing the DT to take up too much time with questions that were coming up too early in the process. I also felt the dismissal of the group of tainted potential jurors was a little over kill. Just a handful heard anything and who knows what they heard and if it really tainted them. The homeless shelter jury consideration gave him a C. There is still time for him to bring his grade back up to an A. I suppose some of the talk of the shelter people was perhaps some sarcasm for Jose, but it gives me an image of the Sheriff hand picking jury members. I hope this made sense. Have had the worst migraine today complete with Aura..These migraines are sort of a recent experience for me and the aura part is completely blinding and overwhelming. I may be like the high school teacher passing out bad grades on a bad day...lol

Proberly had no choice. Add the fact this is the first time he has ever done trial as high profile as it is.

I like HHJP, but in the context of the jury selection, I gave him a C for two reasons. Setting unrealistic goals and not reigning in the DT questioning/antics. The second has been a recurring theme and I understand he is giving them room to do their thing in order to minimize appeals, but at the same time, they have to be controlled better.

I'm so confident that HJP knows way too much about appeals for me to question his jury selection. I'm also willing to bet that the SA & DT & ICA have agreed and stipulated to many of these procedures. I also think the dumb juror questions by the SA are ask to avoid giving that few minute of time over to the defense.

I had to give the judge a C for jury selection. I do believe he is a very good judge but I don't think its right that he is making these lawyers on both sides use their challenges 1 by 1 here instead of allowing to hear from the whole jury pool and then choosing who they may want on the jury. Taking the first 12 doesn't seem right and I believe it will be a reason to get a new trial if she is convicted. I am shocked that neither side has brought this up to the judge or raised a stink about it.

I had to give the judge a C for jury selection. I do believe he is a very good judge but I don't think its right that he is making these lawyers on both sides use their challenges 1 by 1 here instead of allowing to hear from the whole jury pool and then choosing who they may want on the jury. Taking the first 12 doesn't seem right and I believe it will be a reason to get a new trial if she is convicted. I am shocked that neither side has brought this up to the judge or raised a stink about it.

Because I totally agree with you, I give the honorable Judge Perry a C-minus on the way he is conducting the Jury selection. I did not agree with the one on one. The Jury selection process for "Casey Anthony's" trial should have been conducted in the usual manner. Because JP's one on one process has taken up so much time, he now expects the defense and the state to accept the first 12.
~IMO~

did the juror who said Monday that she COULD not would not judge another person... and then today was HOT to get on the JURY... did she get thru?

this is a long way to pick a jury.

Should have done several of the widdeling as a group, and then got into more depth with the smaller group - then some one on one if needed.

I like him. He's amiable yet when he needs to he definitely lets you know who's running the show. Being in California where they shut down the courts promptly and on time and never ever would consider working on a Saturday, I'm really impressed with the fact that he's so willing to work into the night if need be. He seems a genuinely decent man who's going to have a challenging couple of months coming up - and I've no doubt he's ready for it and will handle it well. A grade...

He is doing it this way because of the threat of appeals down the road. By doing it one by one in a pain staking way, he has everything down on the record, and can defend his decisions when the DT whines and moans about it.

BUT THE opposite will happen WITH him doing it this way.... because SO MUCH is now in the record.

It should have been all you who would NEVER vote for the death penalty raise your hands etc....

Now we have an AA woman who says one day she cannot, will not judge another person ... and then ta da after 2 days is a completely changed person... no problem putting a person to death. Then JP seems upset that the state thinks she is not a viable candidate... she is not... SOMETHING made her WANT to be on this jury. Someone talked to her OF COURSE....

She said she has no friends so I would like to see her on this jury and in Orlando and out and about. She sounded just like me, stays home, watches Westerns, does not socialize.

NOW - I am not liking how the STATE guy is coming off. He is annoying, makes faces, is sharp, he is not smart with a jury!!! What is going on with the State?

Do you see how Jose and his crew are being so sweet to the jury members? They know what they are doing right now.

That State guy is making faces like... DUHHHHH at the judge if he does not agree... and he is rude to jurors on occasion.

This is going to end up a manslaughter or accidental death if you ask me because the state is so unlikeable all of the sudden.

And Casey does not look ANYTHING like she used to. I am even getting used to her. OMG.

It is pretty obvious that Casey is not right. She never smiles or shows normal emotions. When someone says something slightly cute that you can't help but smile at just as a reflex.... Casey never does.

Maybe if I were in her shoes nothing would sound cute to me either.

I like him. .... I'm really impressed with the fact that he's (the judge) so willing to work into the night if need be. He seems a genuinely decent man who's going to have a challenging couple of months coming up - and I've no doubt he's ready for it and will handle it well. A grade...

I agree,, and I am also impressed that he can stay awake and alert.. I am surprised that all of them can. I am even surprised that Casey can.

Why are my eyes drooping? Why do I look like I am tired and need a fresh coat of makeup? Glad I am not in front of the camera!!

I love His Honor. I am really disappointed, however, that he seems to give CM some preferential good ol' boy treatment. I'd also like to see some consequences for the DT who are checking the web and sharing with the defendant.

I voted "D". Not impressed but he isn't the worst I have seen.

I gave him a failing grade today. Very disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties