What is going on between Baez and Casey?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What kind of little fit did ICA have with JB?
It was at the end of the car evidence today.
In a viseo, it even looked like JB put his hand over her hand to get her to settle down, then he moved away from her.
I think Judge and Jury and left and din't see this..........

I don't know what that was about, but she looked really pizzed at JB. Even DS left and she is the one that is usually designated to "calm" ICA down.

I think he was trying to in that clip. ICA is her own worst enemy.
She needs to have these "animated" discussions with her DT away from the eye of the camera.
Is it possible this is her only opportunity to talk with them? Shouldn't they be meeting her?

I'm pretty sure they can go out the back and meet with her at anytime for these in depth discussions she insists on having. I've noticed that she is not even waiting for the jury to enter or leave when she is still babbling on. I can't imagine that does her any good in the eyes of the jury but I've said for a long time that none of the defense team will be able to keep her under control.

Baez is acutely aware of the cameras and was playing this stupid game with Mason the other day knowing full well the camera was on them - they both looked liked a couple of idiots. Ever seen that scene in Seinfeld where Jerry and George are at a restaurant with a deaf woman and they want her to spy on someone by lip reading? They did a whole scene talking whilst trying to hide their mouths in crazy ways so the lip reader couldn't tell what they were talking about - well Mason and Baez looked exactly like that. :)

In court today, when one of the jail visit tapes with the parents was shown, at the part where KC said to her parents that Jose was doing the best he can for her, or something to that effect, ICA shot a very angry look at JB. I'll go see if I can find that.

Im stunned that ICA is allowed to stand up and lean over the chair. Where are the C.Os? C.O.s were much more in control of her in Pinnalles than in Orange County.

Psychopathy is not a diagnosis. Sociopath is not a diagnosis. There are reports that no personality disorder was diagnosed. Just because there was no diagnosis, it does not mean she could not be diagnosed.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew it wasn't in the DSM-IV but I know it's sometimes used anecdotally. I was picturing them walking away hypothetically saying "I can't diagnose that psychopath." LOL :crazy:

Don't know if this is an inappropriate post, but who was KC flirting with today?

She was in full bloom for that one..who was it? She sat down at the table and moved her chair to her right, leaned in, raised those eyebrows and smiled, put her hands together, near her face. She appeared flirtatious.

I think that for lack of better words the bloom has faded off the rose for JB in reguards to ica.....
I dont know if he believed her at first when he started his defense plan..(Im tryin so hard to be nice here, believe me)...
But i think He had never spent the amount of time with her that he had to over jury selection.. and during that He actually got to see more and more of the "real" ica.
and that he discovered just how annoying she is..

I still think Baez should keep his hands off his client.

-snip-

At about 12.00min mark

I think it actually looks unintentional. Like he tries to nonchalantly remove his hand as fast as possible.

This is the entire extent of the benefit of doubt I will ever give JB, so I hope he enjoys it. :innocent:

I think what's going on with Jose is that he is reading and hearing about how incompetent his performance is. Not a whole lot of attorneys were watching the hearings prior to the trial, but now, lots and lots of attorneys are witnessing his lack of skills. And they aren't being shy about commenting negatively about what they are seeing.

I am not an attorney, but even I can tell that both his direct and his cross examination skills are very poor. And now it it turns out that he didn't even bother to do whatever he was supposed to do regarding having portions of the videos redacted.

I am a little surprised that Cheney Mason didn't keep Jose more on track. But it also seems that NOBODY on the defense team knows what the current laws are in Florida. Seems like every time they file something, there has been a new ruling on the issue that they somehow didn't know about.

Richard Hornsby's latest blog is an interesting read. See what he has to say about an appeal on the ineffective assistance of counsel issue.

Wonder what ICA will think of him posing with those two women for pictures after court today. I don't have a link just saw it on tv earlier tonight.

If by chance she would fire JB, does the state of Florida have to pay for a new lawyer for ICA, and the expenses of a new trial? If after the verdict is read, does Florida have to pay for her to appeal the decision also?

I would say yes, yes and yes, and this is a trick of many that know the system, fire the attorney and everything starts all over again. That was how Phil Spector stayed out of prison for four years, although I don't know if the trial has already started just how that might be allowed or not.

I would say yes, yes and yes, and this is a trick of many that know the system, fire the attorney and everything starts all over again. That was how Phil Spector stayed out of prison for four years, although I don't know if the trial has already started just how that might be allowed or not.

Naw...she has others in the wing....she has a staff of at least 5 attys.....the Judge wants this to keep moving...

My DH has been home a few days this week. He said every time he sees JB, JB is acting like more of an a$$.

I think that whole arguing bit back during Jury selection had to do with accusing GA of abuse. I just can't decide whose idea it was - JB or ica? I think as her defense attorney he is throwing a "hail mary pass" to try and save her butt from the dp. I think he thinks she is "nuts", was fooled by her just like the rest and dislikes her just as much as everyone else. If she doesn't get off she will appeal with someone new and call him incompetent and accuse him of improper behavior. If I was him I would do the best I could and then get the heck out of Dodge.

I think what's going on with Jose is that he is reading and hearing about how incompetent his performance is. Not a whole lot of attorneys were watching the hearings prior to the trial, but now, lots and lots of attorneys are witnessing his lack of skills. And they aren't being shy about commenting negatively about what they are seeing.

I am not an attorney, but even I can tell that both his direct and his cross examination skills are very poor. And now it it turns out that he didn't even bother to do whatever he was supposed to do regarding having portions of the videos redacted.

I am a little surprised that Cheney Mason didn't keep Jose more on track. But it also seems that NOBODY on the defense team knows what the current laws are in Florida. Seems like every time they file something, there has been a new ruling on the issue that they somehow didn't know about.

Richard Hornsby's latest blog is an interesting read. See what he has to say about an appeal on the ineffective assistance of counsel issue.

What gets me the most is he really wasn't all that worried about them until it dawned on him how bad it made HIM LOOK--with the passing of letters and whatnot......that was what he was objecting to---HOW HE LOOKED....NOT HIS CLIENT--he is just the same cloth--she has just perfected the lying a tad more--jmo:innocent:

What exactly does that have to do with his abilities as an attorney? All that was was Nancy Grace being jealous of Baez being in the limelight more than her.

Wonder what ICA will think of him posing with those two women for pictures after court today. I don't have a link just saw it on tv earlier tonight.

I think that whole arguing bit back during Jury selection had to do with accusing GA of abuse. I just can't decide whose idea it was - JB or ica? I think as her defense attorney he is throwing a "hail mary pass" to try and save her butt from the dp. I think he thinks she is "nuts", was fooled by her just like the rest and dislikes her just as much as everyone else. If she doesn't get off she will appeal with someone new and call him incompetent and accuse him of improper behavior. If I was him I would do the best I could and then get the heck out of Dodge.

Interesting point. I wonder how ICA will turn on JB when this is all over? Can you imagine what she will be accusing him of? If I were JB I'd watch my back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back