What is LP real role in this case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, come on now, charlie! If you were an attorney charged with representing a client who had been called "The Key" to an investigation into the possible homicide of a child for over a year, no way would you be offering her up for the media pimps. [Well, at least I wouldn't. I hope.]

jmo & fwiw, I like LP & RF :)

RF knew what he was stepping into, I doubt he stepped in because he just felt sorry for Misty. His motives are no different than Padilla's. I don't know anything about RF or what he has or has not done. Padilla - sure was nice to see Misty get her hopes all up that she would be out of jail in a few days only to have all those hopes dashed. On this point alone I give LP an A+ - if nothing else, this approach has shown Misty there is no getting out until she comes clean. Quite a roller coaster - and one she needed.

Well, sounds to me that Fields sent the letter on the 17th and with LP being in CA he has not received that letter..I will assume that Fields sent it via certified mail. So, that answers my question as to LP getting the letter ONE day after it was sent from FL to CA.RF said Misty changed her mind, IMO he is doing what he feels is best for his client and Misty will turn her back on him to. She wants out and will fire RF soon IMO just so that she can get out of jail. She needs that next hit, she needs the freedom and IMO, I feel she just may talk to get all that back even if it's for a little bit. I pray she dose for Haleigh sake, that is all that matters.

"Snip" http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...o_new_charges_added_to_misty_croslin_in_court

Before Croslin went to her arraignment, the bail that stood between her and freedom was about $1.3 million. In Sacramento, Calif., Thursday, bounty hunter Leonard Padilla said he was willing to pay a bond he estimated at $135,000 to get her out.

The deal has a caveat.

“It’s got to bear fruit,’ he said. “It’s got to lead me to Haleigh.”

Padilla is best known in Florida for bailing out Casey Anthony in 2008. Anthony was charged with killing her young daughter in Central Florida.

Croslin’s attorney, Robert Fields, has written Padilla a letter to back off.

Fields said Padilla wants to question Croslin, then decide if he will arrange a bond.

“If he likes the answers, he will bail her out,” he said. “It’s a license to interrogate.”

In conversations with her parents, Croslin has asked that they maintain contact with Padilla, who came to southern Putnam County when Haleigh disappeared.

Fields said Croslin has changed her mind.

“Hearing his [Padilla’s] conditions she doesn’t want to do it,” he said.

Fields said he would be willing to accept help with her bail if the offer came with no strings attached.

Padilla said he does not believe Croslin was asleep, as she said she was, when Haleigh disappeared.

“I’m not going to believe that,” he said.

Padilla said he also has been helping Croslin’s parents and bought a 2001 Ford Taurus for her father, who is not working and says notoriety from Haleigh’s case has kept him from getting a job. Padilla said he also gave Hank Croslin money to meet expenses.

“I don’t believe she’s told the cops what happened,” Padilla said.

"Snip" http://www.news4jax.com/news/22596470/detail.html
In a recorded conversation, Misty Cummings talked with her mother about a bounty hunter offering to get her out of jail if she can shed any light on Haleigh's disappearance.

Lisa Croslin: He's going to relocate us to California. Will you tell him something immediately? Like tomorrow?

I have been looking to see if other calls have been released from Misty after Feb 10th and I have not found any. Reason I am looking is to see what she had to say about LP bonding her out.

In this video Lisa says it's been 21 days since Misty has been in jail. Misty also ask her to light a candle for her tomorrow for Haleigh's vigil. So, I will assume this video visit was around Feb 9-10th? Misty is eager to get out and told Lisa that Fields is not doing anything for her and she wants out and if that means a new attorney so be it. Lisa was to talk to LP that night. Have we seen any videos or audio from Misty and Lisa after Feb10th? Reason I ask is because Fields sent out the CD letter to LP on Feb 17th saying that Misty didn't want anything to do with LP. I would like hear that from Misty, for some reason I just don't see her going along with Fields.

She is desperate to get out and from the way it sounded in these videos she was aware that LP wanted some answers before he bailed her out and she was OK with it. Or did I misinterpret what Misty said?

"Snip" http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6394184.php

Here is what I want for Misty. I want Someone to explain to Misty the facts. I personally feel that she should fire RF. Since I don't think Misty directly did anything to Haleigh. I want LP to bail her out, I want Misty to be given protection , her to tell what she knows about Haleigh and then get far far away from Putnam county. Not Mass. but somewhere like Spain or something. She needs to go to school and rise above all of this.
Misty knows what happened to Haleigh, but she is scared and she has no one to trust no where to turn, she is keeping quiet because she feels this is the only way she will stay alive. I dont think LE will crack her, she doesn't trust them to protect her. I beleive LP is our (Haleigh's) ONLY hope at this point.

I think that TM could have broke her had he gotten her away from Ron but even TM broke her trust IMO.

After just now seeing the video of tapes of Misty discussing LP, I kind of hope LP springs Tommy. Would that upset Misty's apple cart or what?

Geez, her brother has a wife and three children, yet Misty is saying GET ME OUT FIRST.

Now THAT would be worth watching & seeing her reaction. You could be on to something, that could be just the thing to break little Misty.

I actually kinda think that they need to be looking at Timmy more than they are. It was rumored that Misty called Timmy before she called 911, and he high tailed it to Mass. and is afraid to come back. I think Timmy is more a player in HAleigh than Tommy.

Here is what I want for Misty. I want Someone to explain to Misty the facts. I personally feel that she should fire RF. Since I don't think Misty directly did anything to Haleigh. I want LP to bail her out, I want Misty to be given protection , her to tell what she knows about Haleigh and then get far far away from Putnam county. Not Mass. but somewhere like Spain or something. She needs to go to school and rise above all of this.
Misty knows what happened to Haleigh, but she is scared and she has no one to trust no where to turn, she is keeping quiet because she feels this is the only way she will stay alive. I dont think LE will crack her, she doesn't trust them to protect her. I beleive LP is our (Haleigh's) ONLY hope at this point.

I think that TM could have broke her had he gotten her away from Ron but even TM broke her trust IMO.

I don't disagree with you, IF Misty had nothing to do with anything happening to Haleigh & I can understand her being afraid of Ron & lots of others. Sad reality is, she isn't going to Spain or anywhere else.............not because she is guilty of anything but b/c she has no education. Until she gets that education she would probably not be able to understand a passport application and she certainly would not be able to figure out the exchange rates between Euros, Pounds, Marks, Peso's when she can not figure out what 10% of anything is. Thats very sad. Sadder yet is that her parents let it happen. In some ways Misty is better off in jail, she actually has a better life. SHe is getting 3 meals a day w/o having to sleep with anyone for them, she can get an education, she knows which bed she will be at night, has health care, is made to get off dope, isnt allowed to drink or smoke. Kinda the same things her own parents should have made sure was done for her. I am not saying her folks are "bad" people but they, like so many others, just let the cycle repeat itself.

I think if we get technical about who was at risk of having a trust broken, it was dear RC making a call to MC to ensure she didn't talk. If he really wanted to know where his daughter was, why did he do that? Cause he already knows!

Speaking of LP's role, I'm questioning if he did anything for Lindsey and kids. Seems to me if there was very little food in the house and Tommy is telling her not to spend any of the income tax money (which they didn't even have yet), he (LP) might be concerned about the kids at least. They are the most helpless in this whole mess.

It wasn't an emergency to buy to the Croslin parents a car and provide some expenses. MC and TC would survive going a week or two without seeing their parents. It IS an emergency if the kids were expected to go hungry. Ya think?

Speaking of LP's role, I'm questioning if he did anything for Lindsey and kids. Seems to me if there was very little food in the house and Tommy is telling her not to spend any of the income tax money (which they didn't even have yet), he (LP) might be concerned about the kids at least. They are the most helpless in this whole mess.

It wasn't an emergency to buy to the Croslin parents a car and provide some expenses. MC and TC would survive going a week or two without seeing their parents. It IS an emergency if the kids were expected to go hungry. Ya think?

I think Lindsey & the kids moved in with family.

Leonard was probably enjoying the jailhouse visits as much as we were and wanted to keep them coming.
;)

RF knew what he was stepping into, I doubt he stepped in because he just felt sorry for Misty. His motives are no different than Padilla's. I don't know anything about RF or what he has or has not done. Padilla - sure was nice to see Misty get her hopes all up that she would be out of jail in a few days only to have all those hopes dashed. On this point alone I give LP an A+ - if nothing else, this approach has shown Misty there is no getting out until she comes clean. Quite a roller coaster - and one she needed.

I could be dead wrong about Robbie and about how the hiring and firing of atty's goes in criminal cases.

jmo - it's hard to quit or be fired unless you have another attorney ready and willing to take the case.

jmo - Robbie has not courted the media at all. Perhaps it will prove a mistake for his client in the long run, but he has to live and werk with peeps like me so it was a wise decision. [again, jmo]

omg - did you see Shoe's little jaw snap there?! Talk about micro-expressions. 8:32 pm EDT on NG.

I could be dead wrong about Robbie and about how the hiring and firing of atty's goes in criminal cases.

jmo - it's hard to quit or be fired unless you have another attorney ready and willing to take the case.

jmo - Robbie has not courted the media at all. Perhaps it will prove a mistake for his client in the long run, but he has to live and werk with peeps like me so it was a wise decision. [again, jmo]

omg - did you see Shoe's little jaw snap there?! Talk about micro-expressions. 8:32 pm EDT on NG.

RF dropped Misty once before when she wasn't listening to him, I kind of doubt he would have any feelings of guilt if he dropped her again if she decides to disregard his advice. No one could blame him if he did that. I will agree he has tried to stay out of the media - with his client, I don't blame him a bit.

I actually kinda think that they need to be looking at Timmy more than they are. It was rumored that Misty called Timmy before she called 911, and he high tailed it to Mass. and is afraid to come back. I think Timmy is more a player in HAleigh than Tommy.

Is Timmy in Mass now?

Is Timmy in Mass now?

Yes I believe they moved there last July after the birth of their daughter. I have the birth announcement in my email, but I think it was July. They had already planned to move, so I don't think it was a fleeing from the law situation. Or it could have been.

Is Timmy in Mass now?
Yes, remember there was also a sighting up there and they sent LE up there to interview Timmy and investigate the tip, funny because I thought that it was odd that it was announced that they were going before they went. If Timmy was hiding Haleigh than they had plenty of time to hide her before LE arrived.

:waitasec:Misty Croslin Boots Bounty Hunter
"Snip" http://www.artharris.com/2010/02/21/exclusive-misty-croslin-boots-bounty-hunter/#more-3950
In an exclusive interview with The Bald Truth,Robert Fields tells
Art the California bounty hunter may have missed his first letter, so he’s sending another one, certified, first thing Monday morning, warning Padilla to stop all contact with Croslin'

“She understands it’s not a good idea to make a deal with any bounty hunter, and she doesn’t want to hear from him again,” Fields told me Saturday. “They’re just out for the publicity. Working with any of them is about as smart as driving your car into a lake.”

Fields tells me if Padilla or any other bounty hunter tries to contact his client, “we’ll get a cease and desist order to keep them way.”

However, he concedes he can’t enforce a ban between Padilla and , Lisa and Hank, Sr.,

Regarding Misty’s frantic appeal to her mother, to seek Padilla’s help with her bond, Fields tells me that was made on a jailhouse videotape during visit BEFORE he had a chance to visit his client and explain the illogic of doing such a deal–telling Padilla what she knew or may know about Haleigh in exchange for temporary freedom.

Such a move would take away any trump card Fields might be able to use to bargain for his client’s release on bond, or lesser charges and prison time she might receive if convicted of her drug charges, in exchange for verifiable information about what happened to Haleigh.

Reading between the lines, we can expect Fields to explore several options for his client in the coming days and weeks, and if you listen to the recent jailhouse tapes, Misty Croslin hints she might have overheard something the night Haligh vanished[/U]

Here we go again with Defense Attorneys who will stop the flow of any information even if it would help find a precious child. Baez did it, now Fields is doing it. He must want publicity or the experience of a big case under his belt because he is pro bono.

Really pi$$es me off too that these darn attorneys jump in for these types who have harmed or secreted a child. If they cared about the child they would not offer free services, then the perps would have to have a Public Defender like most criminals...grrrr.

LP was our hope of getting information and finding Haleigh but I am afraid that this move by Fields is going to dim our lights.

i am a little confused, and annoyed and many other things by all this carp....

If Misty has already admitted that she will trade info on HaLeigh to LP, to get a lessor charge or to be on house arrest, whatever, but IF LE has this on tape, Misty saying this, isn't there something they could do? I don't know.....I would think that LE could do something to make her talk.

I think personally, if LE said Misty you need to give all the info you have on HaLeigh NOW, IF you don't you will be charged with the murder of HaLeigh, and let her stew on that a bit, see if she sings, JMO

When Cassie Anthony was arrested for child endangerment or whatever it was in the beginning, LE had to release the information they had on her under the sunshine law. I think this is what LE are trying not to do in this case, for some reason they want to make sure they have all of their ducks in order before they arrest anyone for anything in this case. Probably because they know that every bit of info will be gone over with a fine toothed comb, and let’s admit it, isn’t that what we all sign on and look for every day?

Misty’s Dad said something like “Misty I don’t understand why you haven’t come clean before this, it has got to end”. I think that if she wasn’t up to her eye balls in Haleigh’s disappearance her attorney would have spoke up by now. The fact that he hasn’t makes me think that he wants the papers signed before she talks, this way she will be guaranteed some leniency. LE is probably playing the wait and see who cracks first; maybe they won’t have to extend any consideration for anyone. LP and T Miller where the ones who pushed this case forward, IMO if it weren’t for them we would really be in the dark.

*snip*

Regarding Misty’s frantic appeal to her mother, to seek Padilla’s help with her bond, Fields tells me that was made on a jailhouse videotape during visit BEFORE he had a chance to visit his client and explain the illogic of doing such a deal–telling Padilla what she knew or may know about Haleigh in exchange for temporary freedom.

Such a move would take away any trump card Fields might be able to use to bargain for his client’s release on bond, or lesser charges and prison time she might receive if convicted of her drug charges, in exchange for verifiable information about what happened to Haleigh.

Reading between the lines, we can expect Fields to explore several options for his client in the coming days and weeks, and if you listen to the recent jailhouse tapes, Misty Croslin hints she might have overheard something the night Haligh vanished[/U]

:banghead:

GRRR... They should have thrown Misty in jail last February. This is so wrong... If she knows anything about Haleigh she ought to have told right away, for Haleigh, and not held out until such time that she can get out of drug charges by revealing something.

I hope if she gets out of jail by finally telling about Haleigh she gets arrested right away again for obstruction of justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back