What is LP real role in this case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the video between Misty and Lisa, Lisa says LP wants to move them all to CALIF.
Hey they are all felons.........that is 'flight risk!' No that would be illegal IMO.

I think MC is more likely to spill it if she is left in PC without drugs.

But of course if it were my child missing I'd grasp at any chance and hope that LP could find Haleigh.

But it won't work. MC speaks as if she is in charge of structuring the agreement with him. Wheels turning, figuring out what flapping wild goose she can toss his way. Mom is as perky as a Christmas morning. LP is really pouring it on! (it won't last, ma)

MC was only 17 when this crime happened and yet will not talk. It's got to be very bad info she has. :twocents:

I guess I'm just not that optimistic that MC will actually admit to where Haleigh is, no matter what gifts LP gives her parents or how much money he puts in her commissary account. Talking, imo, would only ensure she'd never leave jail/prison. MOO

but GOD hasn't shown her a SIGN?????? @ video with her and Hank SR

Two new charges today, maybe that means lady justice is trying to keep the upper hand and the option to revoke bonds on the uncooperative? ? ?

But of course if it were my child missing I'd grasp at any chance and hope that LP could find Haleigh.

But it won't work. MC speaks as if she is in charge of structuring the agreement with him. Wheels turning, figuring out what flapping wild goose she can toss his way. Mom is as perky as a Christmas morning. LP is really pouring it on! (it won't last, ma)

MC was only 17 when this crime happened and yet will not talk. It's got to be very bad info she has. :twocents:

She would still be tried as an adult. Look at all the other under age criminals hurting kids almost all of them have been charged as adults. JMO

In the video between Misty and Lisa, Lisa says LP wants to move them all to CALIF.
Hey they are all felons.........that is 'flight risk!' No that would be illegal IMO.
Even *if* she were to get out on bail, there's no way a judge would allow her to leave the state, imo. I'd also think *if* she got out, it'd be on house arrest, wherever that might be. And her entire family is currently charged with something.... :behindbar MOO

In Florida, being 17 isn't going to help her. She'd still be tried as an adult. MOO

I think LP's motive is to find Haleigh. He has already said he WILL NOT do anything til she tells what she knows and so far he hasn't. I think he is taking care of Mom and Pop Croslin to show Misty he will take care of her too if she tells the truth.

Yes, but what ever Misty says won't be believed until Haleigh is found, so that puts us right back at square one. In a way, that's good, she won't be walking out of those jail doors anytime soon. And to think Misty was all agog to LC about the possibly getting out first, before talking to Leonard. She's in for a mighty blow, she's still living in a fog and doesn't quite "get" it...yet.

JMHO

Mom did seem like a kid on Christmas morning, got new wheels, some bucks, a phone....I can not help but think of Misty in her definant tape, how she is gonna go on the tv & tell everyone to kiss her azz. I can see her now, getting in a big limo with cowboy buy her side, giving the finger to the media & saying " See, I told ya'll they would never find her body" Now THAT would be priceless. If LP can make that happen, good for him. But pease, dont anyone bond her out until she can get a little "edumacation" & learn ( mom too) what 10% of ANY number is.

Well if MC tells LP ~ or anybody ~ where Haleigh is then she was, at least, part of a criminal act, imo, and she would be charged accordingly and I'd assume no bail. So all I'm seeing with his offer is "words". :waitasec: MOO

Agreed. Bait for the Croslins and a media attention grabber for LP because it cannot logically work for Misty .... she has to seek a deal with LE through her attorney.

I have been reading here for 2 years, but this is my first post; I just feel compeled to add something to the discussion.

Over the last 2 years I have read endless discussion about the "media circus", speculation about the "intentions" of those involved (ie LP), people "profiting" from the death of a child, and misplaced focus. Yet, from my perspective, these issues and the drama that follows the character (LP & OTHERS) is exactly what keeps the media reporting and the case alive. Which is a sad commentary on our communities and society as a whole; nonetheless, this is where we are.

Personally, I do not care if LP becomes the official co-host of NG & makes millions on bailing Misty out of jail. In fact, he can film the entire thing for a 24hr reality show.....if he brings Haliegh home.

Who cares who or how it gets done as long as she is found or recovered.

Many people have mentioned interfering with LE, I could uderstand if we were weeks or even months into this, it has been a year. Although we don't know what LE has, we do know what they don't have- Haliegh. In addition, I imagine if they contacted LP and said hold on we are days away from breaking this case wide open....LP would back off- he appears to value his relationship/contacts with LE.

Finally, I have waffled for 12 months on whether Misty knew anything and if she was afraid of Ron etc- after reading the latest from a conversation with Misty and her dad I am convinced- she knows too much and she is afraid...afraid of "God"?? is Ron "God"?

Here is the excerpt I am referring to:
An excerpt:

Hank: "I pray for Haleigh, too."
Misty: "I pray for her too, all day everyday. I'm telling you I do. I miss her so much."
Hank: "Poor little girl. I miss her, too."
Misty: "God is going to bring her home."
Hank: "God is going to bring her home?"
Hank: "Do you think she can come home?"
Misty: "Of course.
Hank: "I hope and pray to God she does."
Misty: "Me too. I can't tell you definitely because you know I cant say 100 percent, but God hasn't given me that sign but I wish I could tell you more. Hank: "I don't want to know more."

This is the most coherrent and certainly the most revealing comments I have heard in the entire 12 months. Unless we are to believe that Misty is actually a spiritual savant hiding behind an illiturate, drug addict front, then we can conclude that "God" is someone with knowledge of Haliegh. If this person exists and has Haliegh or info, they are going to protect that secret at all costs- that makes Misty a huge threat.

If LP can get her out and talking he needs to do it now- a kidnapping or homicide that has generated a 12 month multi-agency task force with national media coverage is a secret worth keeping- we need Misty to spill it NOW before something happens to her-

Last thought- she clearly does not trust LE (other than the undercover-haha :)- obvioiusly this could be due to the environment she was raised in and most likely is- but has anyone looked into LE involvement or someone with LE influence? Maybe being used to silence her? Ron did have all those charges and no convicctions- seems like someone has strings- just a thought.

Sorry this is so long I guess I have made uo for my 2 years of lurking, which I am going back to now.

I see LP like a dog trainer with cash instead of chicken bits... ittybitty incentives that the Croslin clan like ALOT (cash, cars, commissary, phone minutes) in exchange for correct answers (tricks).

Misty...? SPEAK! Good girl.

Very simple programming, it might feasibly work.

I have been reading here for 2 years, but this is my first post; I just feel compeled to add something to the discussion.

Over the last 2 years I have read endless discussion about the "media circus", speculation about the "intentions" of those involved (ie LP), people "profiting" from the death of a child, and misplaced focus. Yet, from my perspective, these issues and the drama that follows the character (LP & OTHERS) is exactly what keeps the media reporting and the case alive. Which is a sad commentary on our communities and society as a whole; nonetheless, this is where we are.

Personally, I do not care if LP becomes the official co-host of NG & makes millions on bailing Misty out of jail. In fact, he can film the entire thing for a 24hr reality show.....if he brings Haliegh home.

Who cares who or how it gets done as long as she is found or recovered.

Many people have mentioned interfering with LE, I could uderstand if we were weeks or even months into this, it has been a year. Although we don't know what LE has, we do know what they don't have- Haliegh. In addition, I imagine if they contacted LP and said hold on we are days away from breaking this case wide open....LP would back off- he appears to value his relationship/contacts with LE.

Finally, I have waffled for 12 months on whether Misty knew anything and if she was afraid of Ron etc- after reading the latest from a conversation with Misty and her dad I am convinced- she knows too much and she is afraid...afraid of "God"?? is Ron "God"?

Here is the excerpt I am referring to:
An excerpt:

Hank: "I pray for Haleigh, too."
Misty: "I pray for her too, all day everyday. I'm telling you I do. I miss her so much."
Hank: "Poor little girl. I miss her, too."
Hank: "God is going to bring her home?"
Hank: "Do you think she can come home?"
Misty: "Of course.
Hank: "I hope and pray to God she does."
Misty: "Me too. I can't tell you definitely because you know I cant say 100 percent, but God hasn't given me that sign but I wish I could tell you more. Hank: "I don't want to know more."

This is the most coherrent and certainly the most revealing comments I have heard in the entire 12 months. Unless we are to believe that Misty is actually a spiritual savant hiding behind an illiturate, drug addict front, then we can conclude that "God" is someone with knowledge of Haliegh. If this person exists and has Haliegh or info, they are going to protect that secret at all costs- that makes Misty a huge threat.

If LP can get her out and talking he needs to do it now- a kidnapping or homicide that has generated a 12 month multi-agency task force with national media coverage is a secret worth keeping- we need Misty to spill it NOW before something happens to her-

Last thought- she clearly does not trust LE (other than the undercover-haha :)- obvioiusly this could be due to the environment she was raised in and most likely is- but has anyone looked into LE involvement or someone with LE influence? Maybe being used to silence her? Ron did have all those charges and no convicctions- seems like someone has strings- just a thought.

Sorry this is so long I guess I have made uo for my 2 years of lurking, which I am going back to now.

I have to agree with you and thank you for such a wonderful wonderful post. Thank you so much for sharing and hope you will be back soon.

ETA The part about "the sign" makes it sound like it has been discussed, there is a plan and there is a "go word" that she is waiting to hear.

3Jayhawk... I TOTALLY agree with every word you said, and I mean every word. I think Misty needs to know that she will be protected if she tells what she knows, but someone is going to have to gain her trust and IMO that is going to be hard, she hasn't had to many trust worthy people around.

Please do not lurk, come out and discuss you opinions are as important as the rest of ours.

Misty learned the conditions of LP's bailout on her and didn't like them. He pretty much called her a liar-remember when she stated that during her interrogation right before the wedding the detective was calling her a liar? And what did she do? Walked out and wouldn't speak to them anymore, same thing she is doing to LP. This pretty much explains why the c&d letter was sent to LP.

~snip~

Before Croslin went to her arraignment, the bail that stood between her and freedom was about $1.3 million. In Sacramento, Calif., Thursday, bounty hunter Leonard Padilla said he was willing to pay a bond he estimated at $135,000 to get her out. The deal has a caveat. "It's got to bear fruit," he said. "It's got to lead me to HaLeigh." Fields said Padilla wants to question Croslin, then decide if he will arrange a bond. "If he likes the answers, he will bail her out," he said. "It's a license to interrogate."

In conversations with her parents, Croslin has asked that they maintain contact with Padilla, who came to southern Putnam County when HaLeigh disappeared. Fields said Croslin has changed her mind. "Hearing his [Padilla's] conditions she doesn't want to do it," he said.

Fields said he would be willing to accept help with her bail if the offer came with no strings attached. Padilla said he does not believe Croslin was asleep, as she said she was, when HaLeigh disappeared. "I'm not going to believe that," he said. Padilla said he also has been helping Croslin's parents and bought a 2001 Ford Taurus for her father, who is not working and says notoriety from HaLeigh's case has kept him from getting a job. Padilla said he also gave Hank Croslin money to meet expenses. "I don't believe she's told the cops what happened," Padilla said.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-02-19/croslin-faces-new-drug-charges-0

Hello 3JayHawks!!! After that great intro post, I hope we hear from you a lot more!!! :blowkiss:

LogDetective-160x160.gif

In conversations with her parents, Croslin has asked that they maintain contact with Padilla, who came to southern Putnam County when HaLeigh disappeared. Fields said Croslin has changed her mind. "Hearing his [Padilla's] conditions she doesn't want to do it," he said.

I think Misty wants out bad enough that if she did say this she will change her mind. Its her only hope at this point.

Where to start... First of all, I have no idea how I feel about LP. I don't think that anyone truly knows his real intentions, but him. He comes across as a media *****, but his past indicates otherwise. While I have gone back and forth with how I feel about him, I came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter. Which brings me to my next point. I think most people base their opinion of LP on what he did, or did not do in the Caylee case. And since now, in hindsight, we all see how that turned out, it is easy to say he was of no help. Maybe this case will turn out the same, or maybe LP will somehow find out where an alive Haleigh is and bring her home. Either way, nobody knows yet. Maybe he is a selfish fame seeker, or maybe he has a heart of gold, but either way, this case was completly out of the media for months, and only back in it now because of the drugs. And it very well may have no information that could lead to her, but now that it is back in the media, I do care who it is that tries to keep it there, whatever the intention. Because Ronald and Misty have been locked up for awhile now. And although LE may be hoping someone will "crack", they haven't yet. So until all the questions are answered, and Haleigh is found, (alive or otherwise), I am going to reserve any and all judgement on anyone who is helping, again, for whatever reason it may be. This is all moo!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back