What is Misty hiding, IF anything?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is Misty Hiding?

• Total voters
I voted not home. IMHO I think she was out doing drug deals, since alot of deals are done at nite and the weeee hours of the morning. I think Ron could of been involved to the point it was his drugs and he knew she was delivering or doing a deal..

Misty said they called her a liar which amounts to pretty much the same thing to me.

Yes, I recall that too. Misty admitted they called her a liar. But perhaps she was lying?

If Misty were smart she would contact LE, tell them what she knows and seek protection FAST. Ron C's Pro Bono attorneys, who as I understand it have also represented TN in the past have made it perfectly clear they do not plan to represent her. And I highly doubt Ron C will offer to pay for her to get her own attorney.
As it stands the attorneys have also made a statement to the fact that the back door was a staged event.I'm thinking Misty just may be the one that is being set up to take the fall.

If Misty were smart she would contact LE, tell them what she knows and seek protection FAST. Ron C's Pro Bono attorneys, who as I understand it have also represented TN in the past have made it perfectly clear they do not plan to represent her. And I highly doubt Ron C will offer to pay for her to get her own attorney.
As it stands the attorneys have also made a statement to the fact that the back door was a staged event.I'm thinking Misty just may be the one that is being set up to take the fall.
Excellent post, Emeralgem.

Yes, I recall that too. Misty admitted they called her a liar. But perhaps she was lying?

I know...it's so difficult when you don't know who you can trust... darn...

It would seem that LE perhaps don't put too much credence on Misty's story because they said that the timeline for Haleigh's disappearance is from 7 pm. although Misty says she saw Haleigh at 10 pm. -10.30 pm. But maybe LE are lying.

Maybe nobody is lying, maybe they're just landed on different approximations of the truth. Maybe the truth is just an elephant and it seems different depending on whether you're the blind man touching the tail, the ear or the leg.

I know...it's so difficult when you don't know who you can trust... darn...

It would seem that LE perhaps don't put too much credence on Misty's story because they said that the timeline for Haleigh's disappearance is from 7 pm. although Misty says she saw Haleigh at 10 pm. -10.30 pm. But maybe LE are lying.

Maybe nobody is lying, maybe they're just landed on different approximations of the truth. Maybe the truth is just an elephant and it seems different depending on whether you're the blind man touching the tail, the ear or the leg.

BBM The timeline also tells me (IF they are being truthfu)l that they may not believe GGMS story either about seeing Haleigh that night. IIRC she stated she was there sometime after 7:00 pm. TN states she sent family over there sometime betwen 7:00 and 8:00 pm.

I think Misty hiding the fact what she did after she pu Haleigh, and who was at the house that night and that she got high with the person or persons, and really don't know what time she put the kids to bed, I think that Misty could well been pass out (not Sleeping but passed out.
but than we have the wedding that looks like she covering for Ron, I keep going back and fourth on this.

Misty is hiding a couple of things I think. I do not believe she harmed Haleigh. She either was not home which is the way I'm leaning or she had visitors she is not talking about. The witness who said they heard yelling around 2:10 am would be an indication to me ( if true) that this is when Misty discovered Haleigh missing from th MH. Then we also have someone who tipped to LE that she was not home. I almost wonder if that tip is maybe part of some info they had recieved from Jr. when they talked with him but has led Misty, the public to think it was a tip that came in. This would lead to part of the "inconsitencies " in her story and timeline. LE is not going to let anybody know what Jr. had to say...

Both R & M start out there plea for help with:

1.Misty says, "Hi, I just woke up and...."
2.RC say, "I was at work and came home and...."

This occurred during 911 calls and follow-up. I would think when your child is missing, one doesn't start out explaining what you were doing first. The first thing you would do is plea for help and state, "My child is missing"....you also wouldn't hang up on the dispatcher..x2

One of these two are covering for the other.

What was the reason TN sent a "famly member" over there? Strange use of words when it was her own mother, don't you think? Sounds like she wasn't sure who went there..

This 7:00pm time conincides with some people saying Ron went to work at this time that day. Was somebody sent over to watch the kid/kids so RC could go to work? Why didn't TN go if she lived so close? or did she?

Did Misty arrive and relieve the person watching the kid/kids....don't know how many were actually there at this time.

Way too much activity going on ....doesn't add up. Lots of red herrings being thrown at us..

The poll only lets you select one option and I feel that maybe she had a couple of visitors, maybe one that Ronald would not approve of being there. I also feel that maybe she went out that night with her visitors and one of them came back for Haleigh.

Or, Haleigh seen the one visitor that was not supposed to be there and Misty was so scared of Ronald that she sent Haleigh away somewhere or..I don't want to say it, but you can follow. So, I didn't vote yet, not sure where I stand. I would pick 1 and 2. and would add the known visitor. :waitasec:

1. She wasn't home.
2. She had an unknown visitor.

I totally agree!

What was the reason TN sent a "famly member" over there? Strange use of words when it was her own mother, don't you think? Sounds like she wasn't sure who went there..

This 7:00pm time conincides with some people saying Ron went to work at this time that day. Was somebody sent over to watch the kid/kids so RC could go to work? Why didn't TN go if she lived so close? or did she?

Did Misty arrive and relieve the person watching the kid/kids....don't know how many were actually there at this time.

Way too much activity going on ....doesn't add up. Lots of red herrings being thrown at us..

You ask such good questions !

I think TN had to wait and be confirm that her mother wasn't at Bingo or somewhere else that could eliminate her from visiting the MH that evening when LE checked the visiting story. JMO

I think we have underestimated Misty. Watch her on that interview with AH. She is animated and quick on her feet.

She may be the one calling the shots, for all we know. Ron may cowtail to her.

When we look at the facts and take it all into consideration, there is really no other way to look at this case. Ron and Misty are involved in this disappearance. We should not have to give excuses for Ron or Misty or their behavior....it is what it is....not right...something fishy about it.

1. Hanging up the phone with dispatch...x2
2. Giving excuses to dispatch of where they were and what they were doing before declaring Haleigh is missing.
3. Lots of confusion with many people visiting....and many different reasons for visiting.
4. Tn and Misty both say RC had fight with JO at some recent point. RC denies. There must be a reason for his denial, AND a gun is involved.
5. Brother, nephews, nieces, ac repair man, cousin, ggma (with an unknow companion) all happen to be visiting same night of disappearance....WOW!
6. Washing blankets....one necessary blanket is missing. Had to take a blanket from a window to use.
7. missing blanket in recent damaged family vehicle (that night) that was driven and no one knows who drove it????!!!!
8. Vehicle was moved from the regular parking spot by unknown person.
9. discrepencies in what Haleigh was wearing...P.J's..no..Pink shirt...ah, no? tan shorts...ah, no?
10. no forced entry...

No definite point of return discussed, was it Sunday or the next day? The last we knew she was going to brother's house on Tyler to watch his kids that Monday.

These were just off the top of my head but reading these, it does leave one wonder how anyone believes a stranger abduction; in fact it doesn't even lead to family abduction, but it does lead me to think there was, most likely, criminal behavior on the occupants' part. Is there any doubt? Not for me.

Snipped for space.
That's certainly many puzzles to explain and in case it was a stranger perp or even someone from the other side of Haleigh's family, they got extremely lucky that there were so many coincidental weird family occurrences distracting the investigation.

5. Brother, nephews, nieces, ac repair man, cousin, ggma (with an unknow companion) all happen to be visiting same night of disappearance....WOW!,

I'm not sure if we can say that the number of visitors was odd without knowing how many visitors they usually had. The brother and his kids live quite close and may be regular visitors and some grannies also like to pop in quite frequently. The ac guy's visit was apparently arranged by the landlord. I don't think it's been confirmed when the cousin visited. However, I would like to know why TN said she sent a family member to check on the kids. What was her reason to be concerned about them?

Well, GGMA is THAT close. She doesn't live in Satsuma. So, I guess TN had a very good reason to send her. There also must be a reason she, herself couldn't go..

Wonder if the child/children were alone. More than likely RC alerted TN about something going on and she sent her mother over there. But why so vague with her use of the word "family member". Is she trying to be coy?

When we look at the facts and take it all into consideration, there is really no other way to look at this case. Ron and Misty are involved in this disappearance. We should not have to give excuses for Ron or Misty or their behavior....it is what it is....not right...something fishy about it.

1. Hanging up the phone with dispatch...x2
2. Giving excuses to dispatch of where they were and what they were doing before declaring Haleigh is missing.
3. Lots of confusion with many people visiting....and many different reasons for visiting.
4. Tn and Misty both say RC had fight with JO at some recent point. RC denies. There must be a reason for his denial, AND a gun is involved.
5. Brother, nephews, nieces, ac repair man, cousin, ggma (with an unknow companion) all happen to be visiting same night of disappearance....WOW!
6. Washing blankets....one necessary blanket is missing. Had to take a blanket from a window to use.
7. missing blanket in recent damaged family vehicle (that night) that was driven and no one knows who drove it????!!!!
8. Vehicle was moved from the regular parking spot by unknown person.
9. discrepencies in what Haleigh was wearing...P.J's..no..Pink shirt...ah, no? tan shorts...ah, no?
10. no forced entry...

No definite point of return discussed, was it Sunday or the next day? The last we knew she was going to brother's house on Tyler to watch his kids that Monday.

These were just off the top of my head but reading these, it does leave one wonder how anyone believes a stranger abduction; in fact it doesn't even lead to family abduction, but it does lead me to think there was, most likely, criminal behavior on the occupants' part. Is there any doubt? Not for me.

Hi whisperer...great points...many that I have listed in my own brain on various occasions. I just thought it might be interesting to look at your reasons...against mine, and my brain....(scary thought I know)

1. You think it is bad behavior to hang up on dispatch 2x but this one wasn't on my list cause if I was upset and thought LE wasn't taking MY missing child seriously, I might hang up. So I didn't count the hanging up on dispatch.
2. I don't think they gave excuses about where they were, 911 dispatch was asking questions of them and they were giving answers, I was sleeping might sound suspicious, from Misty, but she offered up that explanation....not Ronald, if you look at his answer "I don't know what happened I was at work". I find this acceptable because it was confirmed by LE and PDM that he was indeed at work. He sounded almost pitiful, crying that he didn't know what happened....he was at work. But I agree with you, Misty worked up the explanation of her sleeping into the sentence while talking to the dispatch. Like she had already been asked the question....what happened to Haleigh??? To me it seemed like she had already worked her sleeping explanation into the equation.
3. Visitors that day didn't cause me confusion....People come and go around my house all day, for whatever reason. So that one was no biggy for me.
4. Fight with gun.....I am right with you on that one, makes no sense why the women would say there was a fight and RC would say...no fight.
5. I thought we covered that one in #3
6. Fishy deal with the washer and blankets. With the story that Misty told about the blankets you would think LE would have been very interested in the contents of the lint catch or the inside of the washer...never understood why they didn't take the washer out of the trailer. What bothered me more was when Misty said, "it was in the van they took". Which van who took? I have my own answers to that one.
7.covered that in 6
8. This one confused me didn't know what vehicle you meant.
9. I think the question of what Haleigh was wearing was cleared up in as much that she wasn't wearing the pink shirt...that was in the laundry pile. I think Haleigh took it off herself before she went to look for Misty that night.
10. Entry wouldn't have been needed to be forced, someone could have come in the front door...which is doubtful, or AC guy might have used the back door that night when servicing the AC and never locked the back door, who knows. Maybe Misty propped it open to smoke at night who knows the truth. In my opinion one or two people at most know what really happened that night, and Ronald is not one of them.

Hi Elle, thank you for your thoughtful response.

Yes, Elle, I consider it very unlikely that any parent of a missing child would hang up on dispatch. If you think deeply, you can safely say, without a doubt, you would not do so.

Both Ron and Misty spoke of where they were at and what they were doing before they spoke about their concern for Haleigh. They prefaced their reason for calling with "I was sleeping and just woke up" and "I was at work and came home and my gf was waiting at the door". Beleive me, if your child has vanished, you don't even think about what you WERE doing, you think about the welfare of the child....not once. Misty's conversation was misdirected and very confusing. Ron was of no help. Days later when asked, he shrugs his shoulders and says, "I don't know, I was at work". Well, dang it, ask your gf! He doesn't he accepts it which also gives me reason to believe that they both know she is gone for good.

When you think about it Ron should have been talking to 911 about his daughter. He couldn't for whatever reason, but hanging up on the person who are going to help you find your child is deplorable.

The fact that Rc was at work is one thing but at no time did he try to fill in the blanks with Misty....lhe goes and marries her w/o ever finding the truth. He does tell us the door was locked and Haleigh was sleeping 4 feet from Misty. Neither of these things does he really know...he was at work!

I will agree some households are busy but when you take the accumulative totality of all the circumstances of that day and night.....something is very wrong.
The vehicle I was referring to was the van that Chelsea said was parked in a different spot/way than she left it on Feb 9th. We have not heard anymore from her. No interviews of M's brothers either.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back