What Is the Defense Strategy?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've been away from the board for a while. I needed to focus on my educational goals and I'm so consumed by this case, I just had to separate myself for a while. But, I'm happy to report that I acheived my goal of a bachelor's degree at the ripe old age of 57, so now I'm back! And the weird thing is, May 9th is my birthday! What a birthday present it will be if we finally have justice for Caylee!

Since I've been away for some time, I haven't really had a chance to catch up on everything, but do you think that the defense is going to go somewhere with "because the police were called, Caylee was killed by the nanny"?

I don't. I think the Defense are going to lay out multiple scenarios at a very high-level in the hope that one resonates with the Jurors and buys them even more time to milk this ... via a mistrial.

I don't think they are going to go into too much detail since once they do it all falls apart and does not fit, opens up questions ... for the Defense ... the devil is in the details.

They need to float things at a high basic level so it just might fit if it is not analyzed and taken "at face value". Believe the ICA KoolAid and don't question and don't analyze.

Hi,
Casey's cell phone pings and computer usage tell a different story. And I believe TonyL and his roomates would be the first to dispel that story.

The cell phone pings indicate Casey was at the Anthony home or close to it.
Casey did not leave and drive towards TL's apartment until after 4pm on June 16

Hi Intermezzo
You are so correct! I am just tossing out different things Baez may try .....not that it will work. He's tried so many angles and nothing seems to be sticking. Just thought he may be desparate enough to revisit some old areas.

Hi, I've been away from the board for a while. I needed to focus on my educational goals and I'm so consumed by this case, I just had to separate myself for a while. But, I'm happy to report that I acheived my goal of a bachelor's degree at the ripe old age of 57, so now I'm back! And the weird thing is, May 9th is my birthday! What a birthday present it will be if we finally have justice for Caylee!

Since I've been away for some time, I haven't really had a chance to catch up on everything, but do you think that the defense is going to go somewhere with "because the police were called, Caylee was killed by the nanny"?

Welcome Back!!!
Congratulations on your Bachelor Degree!!!!
I hear ya about educational goals ..I just started a 4 week course :crazy:

Hi Intermezzo
You are so correct! I am just tossing out different things Baez may try .....not that it will work. He's tried so many angles and nothing seems to be sticking. Just thought he may be desparate enough to revisit some old areas.

True, they may be desperate enough to try just about anything.

Defense next theory

Instead of the sexual assualt angle maybe the defense will go with a repeated physical abuse angle.

I think GA would go along with this before any sexual abuse accusation.

The DT will present evidence of GA's confrontation with his father and the protesters, his behavior on the stand, etc. and his strange, controlling dislike of ICA's boyfriends.

GA was a wife beater and also disciplined ICA and LA with physical abuse. (Hard to believe but CA and ICA love to play the victims and this would be up their alley)This is not going to fly because I bet those prior police calls to the home because of a reported disturbance were between CA and KC. Check out the videos with CA wheeling that hammer around. GA could never tell it without his body language saying BIG FAT LIE.

ICA learned to lie to GA at an early age and tell him what he wanted to hear so she wouldn't get beat. She lied about her grades, jobs, nanny, not being pregnant, all to keep him from hurting her. CA would try to protect her. GA has already said under oath that they, he and CA, never hit their children. That would make CA a liar also because she said the same.

CA went along with the lies to keep peace in the home and in a crazy effort to keep her children safe, she lied about how wonderful the A family was. She would become confrontational even with her own family when they suggested otherwise. CA appears to have the lying problem. GA testified before the Grand Jury and changed his story later when he told RG he was being pressured by CA. Clearly KC gets the lying from her mother.

Perhaps as Caylee got older GA became less patient with her and would start to hit her. GA would never, never, ever admit to hitting Caylee because it is something he just would not do. Plus there were no fractures pre-mortem. Hitting a child hard enough to cause her death would leave tell tale signs.

He hit her on June 16 and left for work. ICA was alone with Caylee and she died. ICA did not know GA had hit Caylee thus making her completely innocent of murder or any accident that caused Caylee's death. You only hide something when you've done something wrong and you know it.

ICA was so in fear as to what GA would do if he thought she was reponsible for Caylee's death that she hid her and tried to think what to do. All of her past fear and abuse caused her to become dissasociated in order to protect her mental state. So was she having an intuitive moment all those times she stole money from her family prior to Caylee going missing.

She wrapped Caylee up in her fav blanket and put heart stickers in with her and duct tapped her mouth because when one dies their mouth drops open and it is very unsettling. Once the mouth is open...it's open and the remains would have been found with Caylee's jaw dropped down. Dr. G said prior to or shortly before decomposition. A very short time.

This may be a bad defense but just remember the jury might not have witnessed all of CA's "take no prisoner" attitude over the last 3 years and her bully behavior.

They will see the grieving, sweet, poor me grandmother who just now is remembering things and is so eager to tell what happened.

She and ICA have had it out for GA for a long time and this may just get them the household without Ga they have wanted.

See, so it's not that easy. What they will see with CA is that she cannot keep from trying to control that courtroom. I see SA asking them very few questions and I hope the judge will keep them out.

Let's hope GA in the end does the right thing for Caylee. I can see making a plea for KC at the penalty phase but trying to play games with SA will not fair too well for KC. I would not think too highly of a daughter who would let her father take the blame for the child's death.

And if there were any truth to it, the A's were pointing their fingers at RK, JG, AH, RM and a cast of thousands so why would anyone believe them now. They were willing for defense to hang someone else out to dry. They just are not credible. Any of them, Lee maybe.

And if the A's think that KC will be all thrilled to see them once the trial is over....they are sadly mistaken. She will probably still refuse to see them because they would not take the blame for her. Remember right before LP posted her bail, KC said in the jailhouse tapes that her parents had the opportunity to get her out on bail and did nothing. What an ingrate. jmo

I haven't had time to read this whole thread, but try to catch up when I can, but IMO the defense strategy will be to just put one ounce of reasonable doubt into just one jurors mind and they will take any states witness and states experts list and try to refute the testimony with a witness or expert of their own to contradict it. IMO that is all they can and will do. And we have seen that work before.

rusmol - CONGRATS!!!!
---------------
Could Family Dysfunction Explain Casey's Behavior?
Possible Defense Strategies Would Keep Casey Off Stand

http://www.wesh.com/r/27615230/detail.html

Coming from a dysfunctional family is no defense - sorry - just not buying it. And, I wouldn't buy it and it wouldn't sway me if I were on a jury, either. Half of the population, if not more, come from dysfunctional families, and yet don't kill their children, live a life of eccstatic freedom, and move on the way ICA did.

I would have more empathy for a battered domestic partner who murders their abuser than I would for someone who murders their child. As Laci's mother told inmate Scott Peterson - divorce was always an option. Same with children - better to drop them off in a safe place and disappear, rather than murder them.

Sorry DT, you'll to come up with something better than that as a defense strategy.

I actually hope CA and GA take the stand. CA will lose it and ramble on and on ... all the SA has to do is ask one question and then listen to her - she'll sink herself and ICA. Anything she's tried to do so far to "save" ICA has backfired and a courtroom would be an appropriate setting for her to have her finale.

I don't see any story that the defense can come up with at trial working. As far as trying to pin it on GA, or anyone else for that matter, I can't see them being able to explain why they haven't said anything to anyone about it for almost 3 years now. GA did it? Why haven't they had him arrested? KC has been safely behind bars so he posed no threat to her, and LE could have easily gotten him away fro CA and arrested him. The same can be said of {insert your favorite SODDI here}. If they had a fall guy, they would have thrown him/her to the wolves years ago. They can insinuate, infer, and roll their eyes all they want. The evidence will all point to their client. Moo.

I didn't watch the 48 hours show, but didn't LKB say something along the lines of to understand Casey's behavior you have to look at her parents or something similar? And in the defense's response to the States Motion in Limine regarding the mental health experts, they said something about "the events" will be described by others. In the defenses discovery they list "photographs from wedding" (or similar). I think they are going to say that CA knew very well ICA was pregnant but still denied the obvious and that is the behavior ICA learned. RP isn't on the defense list is he? I guess all they would need is CA to admit she knew and told ICA to lie.

I don't. I think the Defense are going to lay out multiple scenarios at a very high-level in the hope that one resonates with the Jurors and buys them even more time to milk this ... via a mistrial.

I don't think they are going to go into too much detail since once they do it all falls apart and does not fit, opens up questions ... for the Defense ... the devil is in the details.

They need to float things at a high basic level so it just might fit if it is not analyzed and taken "at face value". Believe the ICA KoolAid and don't question and don't analyze.

Interesting commentary...do you have any thoughts on what those high-level scenarios might be? How in the world is the defense going to "defend" ICA's total bs? I can't wait for this circus to begin!!! It would be funny except there's a little girl that never had a chance because of these evil clowns.

Interesting commentary...do you have any thoughts on what those high-level scenarios might be? How in the world is the defense going to "defend" ICA's total bs? I can't wait for this circus to begin!!! It would be funny except there's a little girl that never had a chance because of these evil clowns.

The Best of the Blog Theories but ... Mis-stated, like LOL being Lots of luck, instead of Laughing out loud? Lost in the presentation ... That's the Defense weakness - a lack of an articulate concise well spoken lead who commands attention and wins over the jury.

The combination of JA with LDB is formidable.

I don't see any story that the defense can come up with at trial working. As far as trying to pin it on GA, or anyone else for that matter, I can't see them being able to explain why they haven't said anything to anyone about it for almost 3 years now. GA did it? Why haven't they had him arrested? KC has been safely behind bars so he posed no threat to her, and LE could have easily gotten him away fro CA and arrested him. The same can be said of {insert your favorite SODDI here}. If they had a fall guy, they would have thrown him/her to the wolves years ago. They can insinuate, infer, and roll their eyes all they want. The evidence will all point to their client. Moo.

And according to our thread on ICA's snack fund, George is still contributing to the tune of $140.00. So if the bus is heading for George, it seems he is paying for the gas. :maddening:

Add link...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/04/casey-anthony-who-might-tell-her-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

WFTV reported tonight about the money sent to Anthony in Orange County Jail. Two men — one from Orlando and another from New Hampshire — for a total of $51.95. A woman sent her $20. George Anthony sent his daughter $140, and she spent some of it on snacks, anchor Martie Salt said.

I think we have a clearer picture now of the 'theory' the DT will tee up :

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-trial-new-deposition20110420,0,3340235.story

Defense Depo
Defense Witness

................poor GA...............he just cannot get a break with these women can he?

The wheels are in motion ... The Defense are leaking selective snippets to selective media and allowing the consumers to put those puzzle pieces together -- including mis-information on things like the non-existent swimsuit.

I think we have a clearer picture now of the 'theory' the DT will tee up :

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-trial-new-deposition20110420,0,3340235.story

Defense Depo
Defense Witness

................poor GA...............he just cannot get a break with these women can he?

"Her defense team recently removed two mental health experts as experts from the "guilt phase" of the trial. Their reports, which were not disclosed publicly, will not be introduced at trial."

Okay, we knew this, but look at the DT's response to this little glitch....

"However, the events referenced in the reports, which were gleaned through interviews with Ms. Anthony, are admissible as subject matter germane to the theory of the defense," defense attorney J. Cheney Mason stated in a recent court filing.
"Because the evidence will be presented in good faith as a theory of the defense, the evidence is highly relevant and the probative value of the subject matter is not substantially outweighed by unfair prejudice," Mason concluded.

'SO WHAT IS HE GETTING AT?

It is not clear how that theory will be introduced at trial, but it is possible the statements of her friends could help the defense team explain why she was unwilling to tell her parents about Caylee's disappearance.

I get jokes. JB is gonna say GA would beat the dog snot out of KC if he found out about an "accident."

Since you read here, JB, I can start to dismantle that silly defense for ya, too, if you'd like, and I know others can help:

First we have to know that KC was going to chloroform George. I guess KC would have to tell us that.

Then, we have to understand why she needed a Zanny well before Caylee died? Guess she'd also have to tell us that....just to clear the table.

You might wanna help the jury out when they wonder why KC would sit in jail this long and face the death penalty in lieu of facing her father, that she never fled from, that she wanted to see so desperately when she was in jail.

Were there ever any marks on KC? Is there a witness? Surely Cindy and Lee would know...

He kicked her can daily, but she stole thousands from he and Cindy? Shoving f'ing gascans at GA? Telling him he needed to leave when he did get mad at her (legitimately, IMO) while TraceyM was there? Boy, she's gutsy.

Is it happenstance that she was abused by both her brother and her father, or is this her "lie about abuse" tactic reserved for when she is backed into a corner?

Why on Earth did KC ever leave Caylee in GA's care or leave her daughter there while he was home? Why would CA allow that and as someone noted on another thread, why would CA not use this info to get what she wanted in the divorce?

You have to get KC to answer every single question above. Every one.

Then, you have to tell the jury why they should forget about the many lies that had nothing to do with George or Caylee. Then you have to tell the jury why KC told the cops they'll never break her. Oh, don't forget to add an explanation as to why KC did not rush Caylee to the hospital or call 911 and then, if she wanted to avoid GA, leave the house for 31 days or forever, by herself.

I hope JB manages to get every mother or mom-to-be out of that jury pool. No mom is buying that she would put her own risk above the possibilty of saving their child. If it were me, I am calling 911 and daddy's just gonna have to kill me if he wants, but I'm saving my kid first.

I appreciate everyone's posts re: the DT latest moves as we see Tony and Amy's depos - cause I am so underimpressed I'm not sure I can work up the energy to even comment. Except I think they're latest effort is :loser: Oh yeah ICA, and why was it you were trying to have a private meeting with George when you were first locked up? How is that fitting into the picture of a man you feared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove