What Kind Of Defense for Casey in a trial?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many mothers who kill their children are reported to have always appeared to love their children very much. Wish I knew the statistics on this.
-snip-
Caylee seems to have been more attached/bonded to Cindy, than to Casey.
-snip-
I've seen people post on here about Casey showing love for Caylee in the 'ice cream' video. I didn't. I saw Cindy showing love for Caylee, and trying to get Casey to engage with Caylee. Casey seemed to me to be 'observing' rather than 'engaged'.

Again, I'm not a professional, just somebody who tends to look at person's behavior, rather than what they, or other people, say.

My 2 cents and opinion only.

Yeah- the ice cream video has a "tell" IMO- Cindy smashes cake in Casey's face, Casey retaliates against (not Cindy, but) Caylee- smashing cake in the baby's face. You can hear the camera operator go- awwww.

There's another video (think on Casey's Facebook) where Casey is on the floor playing w/Caylee and when she's through- she just stops --she lets go of her and Casey's facial expression changes immediately/completely.

Then, in another video (same place) Caylee is coloring and someone behind the camera just sits there silently- I think it HAS to be Casey. Its really sad and creepy! You can see Caylee trying to get a smile back, trying to engage the camera operator but she gets NOTHING! Right after this- in about the middle of this clip- Caylee gives a big sigh, gives up and goes back to coloring- its heartbreaking! That video haunts me- the end shot is sad too!

I will try to find the link. I spend way too much time here...I just had to go through all my posts...chatty cathy- clip your string! ;) Anyway- here's the link: Voila!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71466

I'd go with the..........."lots of people had access to that trunk":rolleyes:
---------------
I seem to remember reading on the board that when Gerge wanted the wheel"props' Casey had to open the trunk as he didnt have a key.We once bought a car with 2 ignitin keys but only one trunk key.People cant have access to your trunk unless you give them the key.

After reading the MySpace/Facebook thread, it looks to me like the character defense angle will be tot mom suffered from severe PTSD after enduring years of childhood abuse at the hands of an overbearing and highly critical mother.

I was thinking her whole PTSD deal may be linked back to the actual death of caylee, which she will claim was an accident. An accident that traumatized her (casey) so severely that she lost her little mind and continued on in fantasy land.

I disagree. This web site is a great forum to gauge public opinion. Any insights gained in this respect should help an attorney in developing strategies for jury selection.

Anyone can learn from this site, not just attorneys. As an example, I never knew just how confident people felt about the reliability of polygraph testing until a few weeks ago, when the topic was given its' own threads here. Personally, I think polygraphs are crackpot science, but I was surprised to read how many people think the lie detector is gospel.

I disagree............This website would not be indicative of the general public's ability to digest facts and sort out false information. The people here are on a whole much better educated than most jury pools and do not accept some defense attorney's feeble attempts at a justification.

As for polygraphs, they are used by good defense attorneys to get "the feel" of the case and if their client passes it they will agree to one with LE and use it in court. It is not that they can't be used in court, but they can't unless the defense agrees.

As I said before, I think it is possible he is using a group of law students to bounce things around and keep reasonable doubt theories floating in cyberspace.

Most defense attorney's do not use law school students because they are way above the intelligence level of most jurors. They use focus groups with the demographics they are most likely to draw in the area.

there is a poll on this forum somewhere......polling who did you think Casey would turn on at trial. I checked her parents but I actually think it will be everyone but Baez. Your but......GEORGE defense is plausible (but a bit extreme LOL). Baez is going to shift the blame.

What makes me so very happy about all of her lies......is that the jury will see them too....and after about a hundred of them are presented the jury is going to not believe one word that comes from Baez... (they could also get extremely confused and for reasonable doubt that is not very good...)

Turbo,
I just bumped that poll up... if you hadn't checked it out yet....:blowkiss:

what Jose Baez has on his defendant would make us understand Casey's side once it is presented? He keeps defending her and stating that once her side of the story is put out there we will understand why she had to do the things she did.

What? Like not showing emotion in regards to her daughter being kidnapped?
What? Like purposely leading LE down the corridor of Universal Studios because she has an office there?
What? Like she laughed during an interview with LE regarding her baby girl missing?

Please, tell me how we are going to understand how she did all this. What possible defense story could he give us that would make us understand?

Anyone?

what Jose Baez has on his defendant would make us understand Casey's side once it is presented? He keeps defending her and stating that once her side of the story is put out there we will understand why she had to do the things she did.

What? Like not showing emotion in regards to her daughter being kidnapped?
What? Like purposely leading LE down the corridor of Universal Studios because she has an office there?
What? Like she laughed during an interview with LE regarding her baby girl missing?

Please, tell me how we are going to understand how she did all this. What possible defense story could he give us that would make us understand?

Anyone?

No. If he had the goods, he wouldn't have played chicken:chicken: with the GJ. Casey wouldn't spend a minute in solitary for ANYONE.

I call BS on JB.

If they have information that leads to an alive Caylee, why are they waiting and making KC spend time in Jail and wasting tax payers money on a trial. SPILL and save everyone the heartache!!

They are bluffing, BIG TIME!!!

Maybe she is going to sell out her mother. Maybe say that the fight on the night of the 15th when CA tried to strange her, Caylee got hurt.

So KC took her away from CA so that she didnt get injured any worse. Caylee then died from CA's attack on KC. KC felt so guilty for all the bad things she had done to her mother. It was HER fault they had gotten into a fight. Her mother had done everything for Caylee and KC, and she (KC) OWED to her mother to protect her from the knowledge that she had killed her own granddaughter.

She went clubbing and shopping etc so that no one would suspect. It was all up to KC to PROTECT her beloved mother at all costs, even if it meant going to JAIL for LIFE...

or some such GARBAGE like that. I am convinced she is going to turn on someone close. Everything at this point has been designed to cause maximum damage to CA. I see it as KC's ultimate revenge. Because of course, in KC's mind, it was CA's fault she had to kill Caylee in the first place.

There is no info. There is no possible excuse for her behavior OR his. I believe he's treading on thin ice at this point anyway. He's going to continue to represent her even though he's not qualified to do so? Is he delusional? On top of that, SHE's going to assist him? This isn't TV, it's real life KC!!

There is nothing they can say that will make me understand why the story keeps changing. There is only one reason for that. :liar:

Maybe she is going to sell out her mother. Maybe say that the fight on the fight on the night of the 15th when CA tried to strange her, Caylee got hurt. So KC took her away from CA so that she didnt get injured any worse. Caylee then died from CA' attack on KC. KC felt so guilty for all the bad things she had done to her mother. It was HER fault they had gotten into a fight. Her mother had done everything for Caylee and KC, and she (KC) OWED to hermother to protect her. She went clubbing and shopping etc so that no one would suspect. KC could knew it would KILL her mother to find out that in fact it was she, the grandmother of the baby, that killed her. And it was up to KC to PROTECT her beloved mother at all costs, even if it meant going to JAIL for LIFE...

or some such GARBAGE like that. I am convinced she is going to turn on someone close. Everything at this point has bee designed to cause maximum damage to CA. I see it as KC's ultimate revenge. Because of course, in KC's mind, it was CA's fault she had to kill Caylee in the first place.

And Casey wouldn't have turned on her mother in a NY minute? Like when she was cursing at her for her cameo appearances back in July?

Casey wouldn't do a MINUTE in jail for anyone.

I think he's setting the ground for an accidental death/homicide defense. What else do they have at this point. Nothing. There is nothing she could claim that would get her off the hook. So it's all about damage control. He not stupid.

I think he's setting the ground for an accidental death/homicide defense. What else do they have at this point. Nothing. There is nothing she could claim that would get her off the hook. So it's all about damage control. He not stupid.

Didn't they offer her accidental a long time ago? Back when JB swore he didn't ask for immunity (but it was proven he did)?

And Casey wouldn't have turned on her mother in a NY minute? Like when she was cursing at her for her cameo appearances back in July?

Casey wouldn't do a MINUTE in jail for anyone.

"ABSOLUTELY" SHE WOULD TURN ON HER MOTHER!!!!!

I just think that this is the type of DRIVAL that is going to be gushing from the prosecution (ETA- DEFENCE!!! i meant defence. Sorry for the confusion) once they get discovery and find out yes indeed, there is irrefutable evidence that Caylee was dead in her mothers car.

This is the kind of story, and by story i mean PACK OF LIES, that KC and her troupe of experienced lawyers will come up with.

It really was no miracle, what happened was just this:
The wind began to switch / The house, to pitch / And suddenly the hinges started to unhitch / Just then the Witch / To satisfy an itch / Went flying on her broomstick, thumbing for a hitch!

(And, oh, what happened then was rich! The house began to pitch / The kitchen took a slich / It landed on the Wicked Witch in the middle of a ditch / Which was not a happy situation for the Wicked Witch!

ETA: All silliness aside, the thought has been long in my mind that Cindy's continued tirades and weird behavior that she is more and more willing to show on national television is the way Casey is going to try to get out of this. She is going to blame her mother, say she took off with Caylee so that she could spare her mother the horror of what she'd done (because she loves her mom so much and she knows her mom didn't mean to hurt Caylee), say the body was respectfully buried with the help of ....someone .....and say she tried to act as normal as she could so her mother wouldn't "remember the night she killed Caylee accidentally" because she loves her mom so much and she was just trying to spare her. The stealing and wild behavior was just her acting out, trying to get the horrible thoughts out of her head.

Cindy needs to wake up. The next turn in this story is coming.

Baez has been saying all along that Casey is being coerced. So obviously they are going to try to blame this on a third party who is dangerous enough that Casey's life, her family's life and Caylee's life are all threatened. My guess is he will say this third party put ANOTHER body in the trunk of Casey's car, forced her to dispose of it, etc.

At this point, without hearing this version of events, it is hard to say if it will be believable or not.

There is no GOOD reason a mother would do what Casey did. They are still writing "The Script" that Zanny threw at her in Jay Blanchard park, thats why they haven't given the reason yet! :rollseyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18