What would Caylee want?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her mother never asked for forgiveness, nor did mom claim that this death was the result of inattention.

ICA most certainly did claim that the death was the result of inattention when the DT gave the opening statement that Caylee drowned in the pool as a result of not being watched...but you are right...ICA never asked for forgiveness and she never will.

I do not believe in god, and find discussions of this sort a bit distasteful. With that said, if what you profess to believe is TRUE then we should hardly be debating punishment for ICA at all. We aught to be handing her a medal and thanking her for hustling the little tyke off to an eternity of smiles.

But then, it isn't true. It's fantasy. Caylee is dead. She will never smile, never laugh, never love, never learn, never hold a boy's hand or have children of her own, never grow old.

The only "god" she will ever know was her all powerful and all knowing mother, and her god HATED her and killed her.

Point taken.

I was not trying to offend; only giving my opinion. Are opinions still allowed here on WS? Because if they are not, many here didn't get the memo.

Justice is for the living on earth, IMO. It is important for us and the victim's loved ones (usually) that there be justice. We also need it, as a society, to deter others from committing heinous acts.

I think the dead, if they were innocent or good while on earth, are beyond feelings of recrimination or revenge or punishment. Caylee still feels love for the people she loved when she was alive. And whether casey is punished or not is likely completely beyond what's important to her at this point.

But I do think that the dead value the truth. They want the world to know what happened to them. They want their loved ones to know the truth. Caylee cannot comprehend why her mother murdered her. And part of having the truth revealed is being able to ask the questions they could not ask when living, "Why did you kill me, Mommy? Why?" And it gives the voiceless dead a voice they otherwise could not have.

Caylee cannot tell us what her mother did to her. She cannot talk about her final moments - of the confusion, the fear, the panic at not being able to breathe, the horror that her "mommy" was not helping her. But a jury verdict can tell us for her. I do think that's important to angels like Caylee whose voices have been prematurely and horrifically silenced.

Thank you. You very eloquently stated one angle I could not put into words.

Children don't hold grudges (that comes later).

I know this is OT, but I daresay if you asked any adults here who were bullied as children if they hold any grudges, they would contradict this assertion quite vehemently.

I do not and will not apologize for not believing that Caylee is in a "Better Place." She is dead, and that is a horror.

In all of the thousands of posts here, I have never seen anyone say that Caylee's death isn't a horrible, tragic event, regardless of their religious beliefs. That is why we are all here...because of the horror of what has happened to this precious, innocent, little girl.

And nobody said you had to believe Caylee is in a "Better Place". You attacked the OP saying that what they and hundreds of other's have stated about Caylee being in a better place is distasteful (for religious beliefs), yet you wrote a post even more distasteful proclaiming your beliefs...pot...kettle?

Maybe Caylee would want us to not be fighting about this?

ICA most certainly did claim that the death was the result of inattention when the DT gave the opening statement that Caylee drowned in the pool as a result of not being watched...but you are right...ICA never asked for forgiveness and she never will.

Debatable, right? The defense offered this as a possibility, falling back on the valid position that they need offer nothing more. However, other than this statement by the defense attorney there is no evidence to even suggest that this is what happened, and a great deal to suggest that it did not. And while the defense does not have to offer anything, they DO have to offer something if they want the jury to consider it.

The only good news to come out of this is that all of ICA's research and plotting failed to uncover the one method she was almost certain to get away with. All she had to do was take her daughter for a "midnight swim" and leave the sliding door open as she made her way inside alone. Then, no fuss, no bother, the next morning it's "Where's Caylee? She's not in bed! She's not with you?"

No one would criticize HER for no safety locks, it's not her house, there's no case there. At the most someone might try to prosecute ICA's parents, like ICA gives a rip about that, but there's no case there. Caylee was a visitor.

I say good news because had ICA done that Caylee would have gone to her grave and ICA would have gone to her parties, now a victim of tragedy with that to use as a weapon in her con games.

Like all children Caylee would want to be loved.

Caylee was loved.... by her grandparents. They were soo doting to her! Caylee now knows how much she was loved: By us all.......

RIP my sweet Caylee - When the verdict comes in, may you fly away like a butterfly to the light and meet your maker. We have done all that we can do..

You are loved.

Debatable, right? The defense offered this as a possibility, falling back on the valid position that they need offer nothing more. However, other than this statement by the defense attorney there is no evidence to even suggest that this is what happened, and a great deal to suggest that it did not. And while the defense does not have to offer anything, they DO have to offer something if they want the jury to consider it.

The only good news to come out of this is that all of ICA's research and plotting failed to uncover the one method she was almost certain to get away with. All she had to do was take her daughter for a "midnight swim" and leave the sliding door open as she made her way inside alone. Then, no fuss, no bother, the next morning it's "Where's Caylee? She's not in bed! She's not with you?"

No one would criticize HER for no safety locks, it's not her house, there's no case there. At the most someone might try to prosecute ICA's parents, like ICA gives a rip about that, but there's no case there. Caylee was a visitor.

I say good news because had ICA done that Caylee would have gone to her grave and ICA would have gone to her parties, now a victim of tragedy with that to use as a weapon in her con games.

I need to clarify that I absolutely do not believe in the accident theory. I think ICA is 100% guilty of 1st degree. I was stating the fact that, through her DT, ICA did claim a death resulting from inattentiveness.

I need to clarify that I absolutely do not believe in the accident theory. I think ICA is 100% guilty of 1st degree. I was stating the fact that, through her DT, ICA did claim a death resulting from inattentiveness.

I did not read anything into it than that. :)

Ok now that you Caylee sayers opened that door :) here you go:

I think Caylee would want everybody who uses her name to be punished, including JA who under her name fabricated evidence and made a fool out of himself in the court.

Well then, are you a glutton for punishment? You just said her name twice.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Ok now that you Caylee sayers opened that door :) here you go:

I think Caylee would want everybody who uses her name to be punished, including JA who under her name fabricated evidence and made a fool out of himself in the court.

What do you mean?

In all of the thousands of posts here, I have never seen anyone say that Caylee's death isn't a horrible, tragic event, regardless of their religious beliefs. That is why we are all here...because of the horror of what has happened to this precious, innocent, little girl.

And nobody said you had to believe Caylee is in a "Better Place". You attacked the OP saying that what they and hundreds of other's have stated about Caylee being in a better place is distasteful (for religious beliefs), yet you wrote a post even more distasteful proclaiming your beliefs...pot...kettle?

There was nothing distasteful about his/her post imo. He was pointing out the silliness of saying she's in a better place/heaven/paradise and wanting ICA punished for it. Doesn't seem like both can be true.

I think she wanted to be her family's sunshine. In the small glimpses we got of her, Caylee seemed so caring to me (asking her Great Grandfather if he was tired). I think this was sensitivity and compassion beyond her years, to be worried about another person like that. Caylee will always be special, loved, and never forgotten.

There was nothing distasteful about his/her post imo. He was pointing out the silliness of saying she's in a better place/heaven/paradise and wanting ICA punished for it. Doesn't seem like both can be true.

Thank you Horace. Now I understand the poster's meaning.

I do not believe in god, and find discussions of this sort a bit distasteful. With that said, if what you profess to believe is TRUE then we should hardly be debating punishment for ICA at all. We aught to be handing her a medal and thanking her for hustling the little tyke off to an eternity of smiles.

But then, it isn't true. It's fantasy. Caylee is dead. She will never smile, never laugh, never love, never learn, never hold a boy's hand or have children of her own, never grow old.

The only "god" she will ever know was her all powerful and all knowing mother, and her god HATED her and killed her

BBM -
"What would Caylee want?" - we have no way to know if Caylee fought like crazy for her life nor if she realized in the last few seconds of her life that her mother was trying to hurt her. If a child/anyone can't breathe they are going to fight to get air and fight against whatever/whoever is stopping the air. Caylee might have died mad at ICA, children do get mad at their parents The bolded part above is the bottom line.
(1st and last post to this thread or I'll get TO - wanted to say I agree with your post)

What do you mean?

I mean this:

What makes you think she wants any punishment for the Anthony's?

I understand you think the A's deserve some kind of punishment but why try to make it look like it's Caylee's wish?

Poor Caylee is the only one who can't speak for herself, so please don't try to take advantage of the situation. Using her name doesn't give any moral weight to one's words. At least not any more.

I think the justice is really for us, IMO. That is selfish, I know. I have mixed religious beliefs, but I think Caylee's soul is at peace and she would not want her mother put to death. I believe her soul knows and understands, more than a 3yo, what is going on down here. Caylee came to Earth for a reason, and that reasons was more than to provide joy to her family. Look at how many of us have come to know her! I'm not sure I understand the message yet.

Someone above said that they were disturbed to say "Justice for Caylee." So am I , but I'm too embarassed to say (on my FB page, anyway) that it's really me who wants Casey punished. So right now my FB avatar says "Justice for Caylee"

I'm embarassed at how much I want Casey punished. Because, like Casey, that means it's really all about me and what I want, not what Caylee wants.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back