When will Casey be Arrested?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

When will Casey be arrested on charges for Caylee's death ?

• Tue. Oct. 14th

Votes: 53 20.5%
  • Wed. Oct. 15th

Votes: 85 32.9%
  • Thurs. Oct. 16th

Votes: 40 15.5%
  • Fri. Oct. 17th

Votes: 37 14.3%
  • Following Week or longer

Votes: 43 16.7%

• Total voters
Will she be Arrested? :confused:

Having skimmed some of the documents in this case , it's seems to me that she still might walk.

Maybe i'm having a hard time understanding USA criminal law compared to my own justice system ,but i just can't understand how she is still free!!!

It's doing my head in. :mad:

As for the Anthony family my mind boggles as to what is going on in that house. :eek:

Casey already has been arrested three times, on a broad range of charges. The key ones are Child Negligence/abuse, and the financial check fraud charges. At this time she is out on bail and is confined to her home via electronic monitoring.

The State Attorney is taking his time to do things right. They already had an early error that is effecting how and when they charge anything further related to Caylee's disapearence or death. The very early on charged her with child neglect. While fully appropriate at the time, it bumps into a few quirks of Florida law. Under Florida law the state must be preparred to bring her to trial within 120 days of when she is charged. The defense can choose to waive this speed and go for a longer date, but they would not in this case for the neglect charges. So there is a court date 2nd week in November.

Problem 2 is because the child neglect charges are part of the crime that would also be charged as a homicide, if they are brought to trial, jeopardy will acrue, and the state will not be able to increase the charges to homicide. If the charges are upped to homicide before the neglect trial starts, then the clock starts over at 120 days.

Since the clock is already running LE wants to burn off as much of the current timer, strengthening their case, before they reset the timer and have to go to trial for homicide within 120 days. (A fast trial puts the prosecution at a disadvantage).

So current bets are, unless they have an absolutely iron clad case, and probably a body, they will hold off on charging her with any homicide until the first or second week of October. If the body is found or further damning evidence is revealed then they may feel comfortable to do it sooner. But figgure that October 16th or so is probably their drop dead date on which she WILL be charged with something more serious.

I hope that Casey is arrested soon.
However, what is being done right now is pure profiling at work. They are using proactive techniques to try to lure her out. The document dumps, the very specific statements by LE all says to me that they know they will not get a conviction without a confession. Look into behavioral science. This is LE trying to get a conviction. IT's basic level proactive profiling.
I don't think there will be much of anything unless Casey opens her mouth.
LE turns up the heat week by week, as she refuses to talk. They have no reason to do this except that they are being told to by the experts at the FBI. JMO

I doubt LE would announce that there will be an impending arrest in a few weeks unless they were confident enough to be able to do so.

Casey already has been arrested three times, on a broad range of charges. The key ones are Child Negligence/abuse, and the financial check fraud charges. At this time she is out on bail and is confined to her home via electronic monitoring.

The State Attorney is taking his time to do things right. They already had an early error that is effecting how and when they charge anything further related to Caylee's disapearence or death. The very early on charged her with child neglect. While fully appropriate at the time, it bumps into a few quirks of Florida law. Under Florida law the state must be preparred to bring her to trial within 120 days of when she is charged. The defense can choose to waive this speed and go for a longer date, but they would not in this case for the neglect charges. So there is a court date 2nd week in November.

Problem 2 is because the child neglect charges are part of the crime that would also be charged as a homicide, if they are brought to trial, jeopardy will acrue, and the state will not be able to increase the charges to homicide. If the charges are upped to homicide before the neglect trial starts, then the clock starts over at 120 days.

Since the clock is already running LE wants to burn off as much of the current timer, strengthening their case, before they reset the timer and have to go to trial for homicide within 120 days. (A fast trial puts the prosecution at a disadvantage).

So current bets are, unless they have an absolutely iron clad case, and probably a body, they will hold off on charging her with any homicide until the first or second week of October. If the body is found or further damning evidence is revealed then they may feel comfortable to do it sooner. But figgure that October 16th or so is probably their drop dead date on which she WILL be charged with something more serious.

Thanks, somehow that is a bit "settling".

I doubt LE would announce that there will be an impending arrest in a few weeks unless they were confident enough to be able to do so.

Part of behavioral science and getting a subject to crack and confess. It has been done at the direction of the FBI many times in the past.
It really is basic profiling. The stuff that they teach you in the first ten minutes of the LE course at Quantico.

Thank you Parabeagle!

Now if I could just figure out why your post #s and your actual posts do not match:waitasec:

I Dunno...nothing on my profile is working right...I just started posting tonight and each of my posts says I have like100 replies...?? Go figrrrr...

They also have some as he called them Shocking photos.
CURIOS....That made me think of something GA said in passing and half under his breath during his interview...in the part where LE first brought up the odor in the car, then apologized for bringing it up and then GA was like "I know, it's okay, it's a fact..."....then he said something about "then I heard something about some possible disturbing photos..." SOMETHING and I repeat SOMETHING like that...anyone else catch that? At first, I thought it was photos of caylee that were disturbing, but maybe that's it...

CURIOS....That made me think of something GA said in passing and half under his breath during his interview...in the part where LE first brought up the odor in the car, then apologized for bringing it up and then GA was like "I know, it's okay, it's a fact..."....then he said something about "then I heard something about some possible disturbing photos..." SOMETHING and I repeat SOMETHING like that...anyone else catch that? At first, I thought it was photos of caylee that were disturbing, but maybe that's it...

parabeagle.........welcome to WS! :)

Yes, I heard that too in George's interview. I thought he might have been referencing the pictures of Casey at Fusian, but perhaps he was thinking of something significantly more disturbing as suggested in the post by Faithful1.

Faithful, then according to this person, Caylee was in the trunk of the car when Casey returned the gas cans on the 24th. I'm not sure if I buy that...even with GA's statement he was too far away from seeing what was in there.

Thanks for sharing!

Faithful, then according to this person, Caylee was in the trunk of the car when Casey returned the gas cans on the 24th. I'm not sure if I buy that...even with GA's statement he was too far away from seeing what was in there.

Thanks for sharing!

Not to mention the poster indicates the car was towed on the 27th. To my knowledge, it was towed on the 30th.

Middle-class, then.

IMO, people are more comfortable with murderers that look like murderers.

Women (including juror members) all over the nation were in tears when the Menendez brothers testified.

Personally, I think the pictures of Casey with Caylee mean nothing. There are lots of dogs in the pound awaiting execution that are probably also in family albums with formerly enraptured owners,

But to another potential juror, the emotions evoked by pictures and videos of a loving mother and daughter might be as compelling as hard science.

IMO
Wow Jolyanna! Very intelligent posts you've been making.

On another site (missingabducted - live chat) there are several members discussing charges coming out this Thursday. Apparently the forensic guys have "finalised the forensic review and forwarded it to DA" ... "charges to be laid Thursday"

I'm treating it as speculation, but if charges are laid then I'll be the first to weigh in with the other claims.

On another site (missingabducted - live chat) there are several members discussing charges coming out this Thursday. Apparently the forensic guys have "finalised the forensic review and forwarded it to DA" ... "charges to be laid Thursday"

I'm treating it as speculation, but if charges are laid then I'll be the first to weigh in with the other claims.

I so hope that is true. :woohoo:

Thanks to all the posters for explaining the GJ process for me. :blowkiss:

I so hope that is true. :woohoo:

Thanks to all the posters for explaining the GJ process for me. :blowkiss:

I read something on another site where somebody asked somebody if they were notified about Monday at 6 pm. This person said they had. The asker asked if the A's knew about it. This person said they probably had no idea.

Who knows what this is about, but I tell you what, Monday would be a nice day for an arrest if you ask me.

Long time lurker (since case inception) - first time poster..(still can't figure out how to change avitar, even). I'm here in a strange capacity...I've been a criminal defense paralegal for the past 9 years BUT strangely enough, usually get caught up in cases where I believe the accused is NOT innocent.
Anywhooo...
I know that (in my state), the public and most definitely the accused and attorney, do NOT know about an indictment until it's handed down by the grand jury. ESPECIALLY in major felony/murder cases. Here's how it works (if I sound presumptively "know it all", I don't mean to, but thought I could share some inside perspective in the world of criminal justice).

First, the State gathers all evidence they can (i.e., the slew of interviews done in the past 2 months). Once they feel like they have it all (or at least all they will likely get), they file their charges in the circuit court...and in murder cases, a lot of times, it's sealed. WHICH MEANS that the discovery documents that are filed are public record (i.e., the interviews, the texts, pc forensics, etc....) BUT the indictment is SEALED completely and unaccessible to ANYONE except the Judge, the State and the Grand Jury until they return their bill. Grand Juries can take hours, days, weeks and even MONTHS to convene depending on amount of evidence. Just like in a jury trial, they then return a verdict (called a "bill"). If they find there is enough evidence to indict, they return with a TRUE BILL. If they find insufficient evidence to indict, they reutrn with a NOT TRUE BILL. If they send back a TRUE BILL, the indictment REMAINS SEALED until the indictment is served upon the accused. Also, in my state, if the accused is in jail, they have to serve the indictment on them w/in 60 days of the indictment. If they are NOT in jail, they have a full year to serve it (no idea why they'd wait that long, but I've seen it).

So, to sum up this rant, I do believe it is POSSIBLE that the State is in the process of presenting the evidence against her...we just dont know it yet. It MAY even be that they are convening or HAVE ALREADY convened a grand jury. Simply because that information is sealed in many cases (not all cases, though). I just started to notice this slew of documents being filed by the State...they are likely filing it because they have done all of their interviews, got all the evidence they can get (short of the body) and now they have filed the discovery because it has to be filed in order to be viewed by grand jury.

just my newbie thoughts...

Thanks for this info, but I had a question. Why is a GJ needed?

Let's say I was a murderer, and somebody gave a tip that located me and had reason to believe I was the murderer of people. Would they not arrest me? They would not have a GJ that quickly to be able to get an arrest warrant. I don't get why a grand jury is needed in this case.

1. Child is missing.
2. Decomp evidence in trunk.
3. Tons of circumstantial evidence.
4. Child is missing.

Doesn't that equal an arrest warrant?

IIRC, members of Scott Peterson's jury mentioned that they were convinced of his guilt not as much due to forensic evidence than to his apparent lack of mourning and the fact that he ordered huge amounts of *advertiser censored* after his wife went missing. Surely the Fusion photos of Casey partying, the texts during the time she acknowledges her daughter went missing, etc will illicit the same effect?

Long time lurker (since case inception) - first time poster..(still can't figure out how to change avitar, even). I'm here in a strange capacity...I've been a criminal defense paralegal for the past 9 years BUT strangely enough, usually get caught up in cases where I believe the accused is NOT innocent.
Anywhooo...
I know that (in my state), the public and most definitely the accused and attorney, do NOT know about an indictment until it's handed down by the grand jury. ESPECIALLY in major felony/murder cases. Here's how it works (if I sound presumptively "know it all", I don't mean to, but thought I could share some inside perspective in the world of criminal justice).

First, the State gathers all evidence they can (i.e., the slew of interviews done in the past 2 months). Once they feel like they have it all (or at least all they will likely get), they file their charges in the circuit court...and in murder cases, a lot of times, it's sealed. WHICH MEANS that the discovery documents that are filed are public record (i.e., the interviews, the texts, pc forensics, etc....) BUT the indictment is SEALED completely and unaccessible to ANYONE except the Judge, the State and the Grand Jury until they return their bill. Grand Juries can take hours, days, weeks and even MONTHS to convene depending on amount of evidence. Just like in a jury trial, they then return a verdict (called a "bill"). If they find there is enough evidence to indict, they return with a TRUE BILL. If they find insufficient evidence to indict, they reutrn with a NOT TRUE BILL. If they send back a TRUE BILL, the indictment REMAINS SEALED until the indictment is served upon the accused. Also, in my state, if the accused is in jail, they have to serve the indictment on them w/in 60 days of the indictment. If they are NOT in jail, they have a full year to serve it (no idea why they'd wait that long, but I've seen it).

So, to sum up this rant, I do believe it is POSSIBLE that the State is in the process of presenting the evidence against her...we just dont know it yet. It MAY even be that they are convening or HAVE ALREADY convened a grand jury. Simply because that information is sealed in many cases (not all cases, though). I just started to notice this slew of documents being filed by the State...they are likely filing it because they have done all of their interviews, got all the evidence they can get (short of the body) and now they have filed the discovery because it has to be filed in order to be viewed by grand jury.

just my newbie thoughts...

Hi, Parabeagle. Thanks for your input. I have a question. Is it possible that a Grand Jury would be convened just for this case? Or am I mistaken in thinking that they are appointed for a period of time, say 6 months, and hear all other cases too? Is there such a thing as a special GJ?
Okay, that was 3 questions. Sorry.
And if my understanding is correct, the GJ will convene and the indictment will be handed down BEFORE she is arrested, right?

I am not sure about FL, but some states have a choice of a preliminary or a GJ in order to indict. I heard that FL does not have prelims, so I am assuming that the GJ has to hand down the indictment. They don't have to convene a GJ to arrest, but they do in order to have the trial go forward. The only way there would not be a trial is if she pled Guilty to homicide, in which case it would go straight to a sentencing. No need for a trial if there were a confession and/or a plea of Guilty.
I'm sure they have enough evidence right now to indict her, but they want to make sure they have enough for a conviction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back