When will Casey be Arrested?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

When will Casey be arrested on charges for Caylee's death ?

• Tue. Oct. 14th

Votes: 53 20.5%
  • Wed. Oct. 15th

Votes: 85 32.9%
  • Thurs. Oct. 16th

Votes: 40 15.5%
  • Fri. Oct. 17th

Votes: 37 14.3%
  • Following Week or longer

Votes: 43 16.7%

• Total voters
Could someone help me out ? It seems that everyone here assumes that Caylee's body has yet to be found, but I can't find anything that specifically states this to be true.
I've been operating under the assumption (since Tim Miller left) that her body was found, and forensic testing is currently being done to determine (if possible) cause and
manner of death.
I may have taken a wrong turn here and need a map! If someone would point me in the direction of a statement from LE that will clear this up I'd be most appreciative.

I have wondered this exact same thing. It would be a nice bombshell to drop on Casey upon her re-arrest!

I keep going back to KC's statement "I can honestly say I do not know where Caylee is".
This has always stuck out to me too. And it's one of the few statements where she almost sounds as if she could be telling the truth. I used to wonder if that meant that she had an accomplice but I never believed that to be true. Your explanation could definitely be on target, IMO.

IMO I agree w Fae earlier who said LE will take as long as they can up to October--remember while they have evidence Caylee is deceased, and that her body was at some point in that trunk, w/out a body they may not have learned enough about the manner of death. Especially if they believe (as I do) the chloroform was used afterwards strictly in clean-up they're still left to speculate whether to charge anything from negligent homicide or manslaughter to first degree premeditated murder. The State cannot really afford to miss that call and IMO will leave no stone unturned while steadily maintaining pressure on Casey before bringing her up on formal charges rather than risk getting it wrong.
I believe that the charge will be murder. I think that LE is just taking advantage of the time that they happen to have right now. And I believe that they're going to be able to make it stick. Maybe that's just wishful thinking but I feel confident in those beliefs.

They have enought evidence, they're just fine tuning what they've got. A body will help little at this point , even in the unlikely event it is found.

An arrest should happen soon, I would think, there's little holding them back.

If they had enough evidence to convict her, they would be charging her already. There might be enough to arrest and charge... but might not be enough to get a conviction, and that is their goal.

I'm kind of worried about the case...Who would have thought OJ would be aquitted?

OJ had special circumstances, a "Dream Team" of lawyers, the case held in L.A. instead of Santa Monica, where black jurors wouldn't dare convict him, the screw-up of Christopher Darden having him try on the glove in open court for the first time, and the defense making hay of Mark Fuhrman using the "N" word. Had it not been for these circumstances, he would have been convicted. He was found guilty in civil court, where the trial was held in Santa Monica, predominantly white. Casey is no OJ, neither was Scott Peterson, she won't get off...

And I think the maggots and the flies will be able to help them pinpoint a time also. I hope.
-------------
If anyone wants to read few interesting pages on all these subjects plus hair.condition of bodies etc. go the body farm website.I spent a whole evening there! Sooooo interesting.

I think Casey will be arrested about a week after some jogger stumbles upon the bones.

But, can you imagine when it finally does go to court? The nutty family would be circus enough, but by the time they throw in everyone she's ever slept with and everyone she has ever sent a text to, its going to be a real show!

If they had enough evidence to convict her, they would be charging her already. There might be enough to arrest and charge... but might not be enough to get a conviction, and that is their goal.
I don't know if I agree with this. I know that that's often the reality and that it's been widely stated in this case but they already have Casey on a slew of charges. They will see her in court sometime in November on some of those charges, right? It really seems to me, with all of the "evidence" (circumstantial or otherwise) that we've heard, that they have quite a bit on her regarding Caylee's disappearance and are taking advantage of the time that they have to close up any holes. Why rush it? There's no hurry in this case. IMO, they could even take her to court on the other charges and end up with a couple of more years to investigate while she sits in jail on those convictions that are likely to happen. She probably won't get HUGE time on those other charges but certainly enough to buy some investigative time, if necessary, IMO. But I think she will be charged soon. I think that they've had enough for a while but why not take advantage of the time while they've got it?

LE is dotting I's,crossing T's and getting an air tight case. IMO, we are just showed 'some' of the evidence, not all...........I'm sure there is allot more not being shown til THE DAY OF ARREST!!! or trial.........I have faith in the O LE. IMO

I don't know if they have found the body, but even if they don't, the GJ will indict and she will go away for a very long time. I would HATE to be a defense attorney involved with this case. Most defendants give you something of value to work with. Casey is anti-social, unsympathetic, so narcissistic, that a defense is going to have a tough time presenting her as anything other than what she is. A selfish partying killer.

Zoo, Think of the Grand Jury as a mechanism to get the ball rolling inside the Courthouse.
It's not like a trial with a bunch of lawyers, objections, major arguing and all that hullabaloo.
It is a procedural step used generally in more serious cases to get the case into the Courtroom.
The State can generally bring the charges to get the Court ball rolling by using the GJ or by "filing" information on the charges as they did with the check stuff.

But if this is a capital murder case, the state of Florida will require the whole ballgame start with a Grand Jury telling us the crime has most likely been committed and this is the person to be charged....to put it into plain English.

It is not really an adversarial procedure; More like a parade of witnesses.

By statute, blabbing about what is going on in there..to the general public......that's a crime in Florida

So basically the GJ is saying there's probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed and that this person did it.
It is a procedural step, so I wouldn't give it hidden or double meanings or great strategic weight

Hope that helps:blowkiss:
as always, jmho
Very well put, MiraclesHappen!

Can any legal beagles here tell me the difference between a preliminary hearing vs. a GJ hearing?

October 4th or anytime after, up until the 13th(just my opinion)...sometime in those days they are hauling her pathetic butt back into the slammer...Oh happy day!

October 4th or anytime after, up until the 13th(just my opinion)...sometime in those days they are hauling her pathetic butt back into the slammer...Oh happy day!

What are you still doing up?!! LOL.. I will love the day she gets arrested and I get a could nights sleep!

I think we are in the eye of the hurricane right now.....

"the eye is silent before the storm" (Ensiferum)

Very soon, I believe. The noose is tightening. Even JB's language has changed. LE is being downright bold with their statements to the press, calling her a suspect and outright stating that Caylee was dead in Casey's trunk.

It won't be long now.

Bye Bye Casey.

I just don't know what they are doing in that house. If I had smelled my 6-year-old grandson's decomposing body, and my child had gone off the deep end like KC apparently has, been arrested, out on bail, the whole world talking about her murdering her child, it would be a long time before I could even look at her. I just don't understand!

Even if she "came clean" to them, I know they could never forget that odor. Just don't get it.

She will never come clean. She doesn't have the guts to fess up to her crimes. She is pathetic

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back