Where is Madeleine? Where is she?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Siren, Hope you don't mind me joining in, I just wanted to say that I am from the UK and can I assure you that it's not common practice to leave beloved children on their own. We love and cherish our children, when we plan an evening out we engage trusted babysitters (mostly a close relative like mum or sister or aunt) and when on holiday our children holiday with us, day and night.

hi Prickle - I will concur also - it is not common practise - and not something I would ever have done either

I do remember though that when I was young it was common practise when staying at some hotels they had a listening service on the phone system - but that has died down now .

but no I have three kids and would never leave them like that .

But I still dont think they had anything to do with Maddies death / dissapearance -

I

hi Prickle - I will concur also - it is not common practise - and not something I would ever have done either

I do remember though that when I was young it was common practise when staying at some hotels they had a listening service on the phone system - but that has died down now .

but no I have three kids and would never leave them like that .

But I still dont think they had anything to do with Maddies death / dissapearance -

I

I think this is why we keep coming back to the "left alone" argument, and we do keep coming back to that, don't we?

They had everything to do with it Gord because by leaving her alone and unprotected they enabled her death/dissapearance.

I think you meant that they did not abduct or kill her themselves, right?

I think this is why we keep coming back to the "left alone" argument, and we do keep coming back to that, don't we?

They had everything to do with it Gord because by leaving her alone and unprotected they enabled her death/dissapearance.

I think you meant that they did not abduct or kill her themselves, right?

Yes I dont think they killed her or disposed of the body either - for reasons repeated here ad nauseam

But I thought the raison d'etre of sleuths here was to find out the truth so they can either be charged for murder or not .

Parents do stupid things all the time - but not every parent is a killer . Of course the fact that the kids were left as they were ment that any abductor could get access or as I think your theory Maddy died through some accident due to a fall or choking .

They nade a bad choice in what they did - an awful choice - but . That is not the same as murder or hiding a body .

Its like say not looking after your child near a pool - and they drown . Bad parenting - tragic accident -

I just think that if we ever get to the bottom of this and it is found that Maddy was abducted then they will live for ever with the guilt - it could destroy Kate

again if they are found to have been involved as far as disposal or even murder then they will deserve anything that happens

Its like say not looking after your child near a pool - and they drown . Bad parenting - tragic accident -

I just think that if we ever get to the bottom of this and it is found that Maddy was abducted then they will live for ever with the guilt - it could destroy Kate

If you left your toddler children alone, without supervision, and they drowned it would be a crime in the eyes of the law.

Why is this any different to the McCann defenders? Not to rehash that you do not beleive they had anything to do with her disappearance other than the bad parenting.

In another thread a poster wrote about a mother who was arrested because she left her child unattended in a car while she shopped. Why the McCanns get a pass on this what keeps me confused.

IMO, both Kate and Gerry deserve to be destroyed by guilt, innocent of the greater crime of killing her and/or conspiracy.

And then there is the Ohio teacher who left her infant in the car while she spent the day inside the school, having forgotten the baby completely. This was a v. few weeks ago. The baby died in the heat in a shut up car. No charges were brought. The woman was not a first time offender in a crime of this nature. One thing the law should never be is fickle. Colomom, thank you for the photo of Madeleine as a pumpkin and the Christmas photo of her feeding Amelie a sucker. The one on UTube is a favorite. I believe she is relishing a cake Kate made for her birthday. When the doctors first arrived in PDL, they ate late with their children & discontinued that because the little ones became cranky, tired and started crying. In the news was an acc't of Madeleine coming into the restaurant & on her own initiative dragging up highchairs for the twins. This reminds me of her in the Christmas photo, so intent and composed.

This month there have been many items on the hair & DNA belonging to Madeleine found at Casa Liliana. News reports from various news agencies. Now, in the Daily Express, the admission that no evidence has been found linking Madeleine to the Murat villa. These contradictions are crazy making! In any case, Murat will be grilled again and that is where I found the admission, in the article on his new interrogation.

The villa belonging to Murat's mother was searched twice- mid-May when he first became an arguido and in late July/early August when Portuguese authorities were told to either find something to connect him to Madeleine's disappearance or let him go.

So why was no connection found then and how is it that suddenly her DNA is being linked to the villa?

This child matches Maddies description but it is too bad they were found in the Galveston TX area.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55540

I just posted this on the Baby Grace thread:

From: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/02/body.found/index.html
"Police said the child was between 2 and 5 years old and had long, wavy blond hair, the Chronicle reported."

Maddie's hair is very, very straight.

From: http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1769226&postcount=11
"Baby Grace was 32-34 inches tall and 25-30 pounds"

Maddie has been reported as being 90 cm tall when she vanished 6 months ago. 33 inches = 84 cm

I think Baby Grace is to small to be Maddie.

I hope whomever she is, they can identify her. I wish someone would find Madeleine.

Since the British press isn't the one in charge of the investigation nor the recipient of the lab results, I'd take what they have to say with a grain of salt.

If you substitute a $100 bill for each of the McCann children and left them on the bed where the children would have been sleeping, do you think the McCann's would have locked the door to their apartment? You bet they would have, they would have been concerned for their money! Yet, leaving precious, sleeping children unattended seemed the safe and prudent thing to do. That tells me all I need to know about his case. Even if the McCanns did not harm Madeleine, they endangered her and took less care for her than a wallet. Bad things happen to good people but good people don't treat their children like pets. There is much more to this story than we have been told. The continued excuse that this is a common childrearing practice in Britain just doesn't fly. I can understand putting their children to bed early so that a couple can spend time together, but that only makes sense in someone's own home where you are still in close supervision of the children NOT leaving them alone and going out to the local restaurant for dinner and drinks! The McCanns must bear primary responsibility for negligently supervising their children and failing to protect precious Madeleine.

:clap::clap: My father is British and no this isn`t a common practise, great post, I agree with everything you said

If you substitute a $100 bill for each of the McCann children and left them on the bed where the children would have been sleeping, do you think the McCann's would have locked the door to their apartment? You bet they would have, they would have been concerned for their money! Yet, leaving precious, sleeping children unattended seemed the safe and prudent thing to do....../quote]

That is an excellent point Siren! :clap:

:clap::clap: My father is British and no this isn`t a common practise, great post, I agree with everything you said

Hi Pan05, I am British and I also agree that it certainly is NOT common practice with the majority of parents in the UK to leave young children alone/ unattended, well any children, come to that!

I watched Panorama last night and I was horrified when I saw for myself the distance between parents and children. These 2 should hang their heads in shame leaving such young children while they had fun!

Whether they are guilty or not of Maddies disappearance, they are certainly guilty of neglect.

The actual distance between the restaurant and the apartment, as opposed to the implied distance as stated by Gerry McCann, is amazing. It's most definitely not like "eating in your garden" as he put it, or a "few yards."

I keep coming back to why the discrepancy between what most people perceive looking at the distance and what the McCanns said. Do they really see that distance--which is not subjective, it's a physical fact--as being only a few yards? Or do they continue to downplay it to their advantage?

:clap: :clap: :clap: To all who say it is not acceptable to leave kids alone, that all British people do not do it & that the distance form the apartment to the Tapas bar was not ok!

I still can't get my head round that they DID leave 3 small children alone each night in the first place while they had fun. Why take the kids with them in the first place.
I am surprised at the very least that they haven't been charged with negligence.

I still can't get my head round that they DID leave 3 small children alone each night in the first place while they had fun. Why take the kids with them in the first place.
I am surprised at the very least that they haven't been charged with negligence.

I'm convinced it was all apart of an elaborate cover-up. I think there was a thread at one time that discussed the location, but I can't find it now. I personally think not only taking all those children on an "adult" vacation was strange, but also the location. Think of all the beautiful (English speaking) vacation spots in the world. Think of 6 (or however many) little children who are just getting a firm grasp on their language skills. Why go on a family vacation to a non-English speaking country, where you know you will be dropping your kids off at a day care every day, where they probably can't communicate with the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member