Where will the jury come from?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am hoping west coast Florida, 50 miles south of Tampa!!

I think it will be Pensacola or Panama City Beach. My next guesses would be Tallahassee or the Naples area.

IIRC, HHJP said he wanted to be able to allow the jury to spend weekends at home. That doesn't allow us to go too far west in the panhandle then. From Pensacola, for example, it is roughly 450 miles and over a 7 hour drive. I doubt this would make weekend visits practical.

IIRC, HHJP said he wanted to be able to allow the jury to spend weekends at home. That doesn't allow us to go too far west in the panhandle then. From Pensacola, for example, it is roughly 450 miles and over a 7 hour drive. I doubt this would make weekend visits practical.

Did he say he wanted to allow the jury to go home....or was it make provisions for family to have supervised visits??

Either way.....closer is better.

If HHJP intends to use Orange County as a second possible jury location then IMO he isn't plannig to stray too far from that area on the first go round.

orange county flows down to seminole , then volusia. other way orange , osceola . then we have lake , marion, sumpter. going into ocala. tampa into sarasoto , venice. take your choice

I know Baez wants Miami area, but I think it will be Tampa or Jacksonville. Panhandle will be too conservative for Baez's liking and he will argue that decision.

Don't know where the first week will be spent, but I have very little doubt, that as long-winded as this DT is, they will ultimately not have the trial there- no way they can seat a jury in one week.

Don't know where the first week will be spent, but I have very little doubt, that as long-winded as this DT is, they will ultimately not have the trial there- no way they can seat a jury in one week.

Capri, I agree with you, there is no way they will have a jury seated in a week, maybe a month.

They wouldn't be able to go home if they are sequestered. HHJP also said they will be meeting on Saturdays as well I thought.

Is there a chance that the trial could get delayed again or is set in stone that it's starting in May? Wasn't it supposed to begin back in 2009?

I'm angry. Just saw they will be airing a new 48 Hours covering the case. There's no way that this is a mere coincidence: they have assembled some sort of mock jury. If anyone doubts they don't have a vested interest in this whole nightmare...well, you may change your mind after viewing. JB is poisoning the entire jury pool...everywhere...and the As are helping. JMHO

Judge Perry made it very clear that IF they can not find a jury within a certain timeframe... that they would go to Orange County. It was a veiled threat to the defense to not make a mockery out of jury selection... if they wanted to drag it out so long as to taint the jury pool in the location he has selected... they might as well go to Orange County and choose a jury.

I am in Pinellas County and I think North Fla ...panhandle .. everyone knows the case here..

Is there a chance that the trial could get delayed again or is set in stone that it's starting in May? Wasn't it supposed to begin back in 2009?

Yes.
It has been delayed/re-scheduled, iirc, 3 times.

They wouldn't be able to go home if they are sequestered. HHJP also said they will be meeting on Saturdays as well I thought.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thought that!

Then again, he also said they would be in court on Saturday just a few weeks ago. So, who knows? :dunno:

I am in Pinellas County and I think North Fla ...panhandle .. everyone knows the case here..
The good news is that Baez shouldn't be able to get his preferred Miami Beach jury...

I am going to guess near Perry town. Only because it was mentioned in this video report that Perry had seek-ed Jurors from here in the past. Now, it "DID NOT SAY" that this is where they were getting the jury for Casey's Trial. Just taking a guess.

[
B]
You can listen to the video report here:[/B] http://www.wftv.com/index.html

Under "Top Stories" there is a video with KB in it. It's called "Prosecution Wants Mental Health Expert To Examine Casey In Jail".
In this video it is said that Judge Perry has gotten his jury from a small town Called Perry. It's a small town near the Panhandle. Take a listen. I do wonder if that is where they are going to get some of the jurors for Casey's Murder Trial, that would be great! Far from Miami.

I'm angry. Just saw they will be airing a new 48 Hours covering the case. There's no way that this is a mere coincidence: they have assembled some sort of mock jury. If anyone doubts they don't have a vested interest in this whole nightmare...well, you may change your mind after viewing. JB is poisoning the entire jury pool...everywhere...and the As are helping. JMHO

I was thinking the same thing :maddening: I wonder, are they all getting paid for this? Anyone know? I wish Judge Perry would put out some type of "Gag" order. This should not be allowed IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back