Where will the jury come from?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will guess that it will be right there at the Orange Cty. courthouse in Orlando...within a half an hour from most juror's homes, and the hotels would be juror's own homes (less than $50). My guess is at the in camera meeting today that HHJP read the defense the riot act about all their earlier and especially all their latest media appearances and said it will be right here now! JB didn't look too happy as he came back into the courtroom.

Could Casey Anthony Jury Come From Jacksonville?
Jury Selection For The Trial Begins Monday
POSTED: Friday, May 6, 2011
UPDATED: 11:34 pm EDT May 6, 2011
http://www.news4jax.com/news/27809362/detail.html

Will Jax Hold Casey Anthony Case? VIDEO
It also raises questions on logistics - will the courthouse parking lot fit enough people for national media and lawyers?
http://www.news4jax.com/video/27809291/index.html

If it is going to be in J'Ville I can see why the DT objected! They sentence everyone to death!

I will guess that it will be right there at the Orange Cty. courthouse in Orlando...within a half an hour from most juror's homes, and the hotels would be juror's own homes (less than $50). My guess is at the in camera meeting today that HHJP read the defense the riot act about all their earlier and especially all their latest media appearances and said it will be right here now! JB didn't look too happy as he came back into the courtroom.

If memory serves, JP said a couple of weeks ago.."If the out of town venue does not result in a jury panel in a reasonable amount of time... it will revert back here, to Orange County."

Does anybody else here remember that, or am I just in end stage of boomer hood? lol

Can't be! I had a Lost in Space Lunch Pail. :crazy:

I think that even if the jury selection is from Orange County, that jurors will be sequestered in a hotel in Orlando for the duration of the trial to insure they don't see any news channels or receive local newspapers and to secure them from the media.

I hope they come from HEAVEN where CAYLEE Is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bless You !

If memory serves, JP said a couple of weeks ago.."If the out of town venue does not result in a jury panel in a reasonable amount of time... it will revert back here, to Orange County."

Does anybody else here remember that, or am I just in end stage of boomer hood? lol

Can't be! I had a Lost in Space Lunch Pail. :crazy:

Yes, that's what he said.
When JB filed his objection yesterday I'm assuming that when they went into chambers to discuss it, before the hearing started, that HHJP told them if they didn't like his choice they could go to plan B which was stay right where they were. JB quickly withdrew his objection,so...

Phew! Ok, thanks ZsaZsa, I'm so happy to hear I don't have dementia yet!lol

I'm going to check my mail for the last time...if I don't get a jury summons :'(

I heard on MSNBC this morning, some guy said 'Everyone knows its Hillsboro County, Tampa'.

I stopped by the Pinellas Criminal Justice Center on my way home from doing errands. There are, indeed, some parking spaces with "reserved for media" signs on them with the area taped off. I counted 5 spaces. There may be more some where else on the property, but I didn't see them. The place was empty.

I am going to Tampa for a while tomorrow (sorry, no where near where Hillsborough County court house is). I will go by our courthouse again late tomorrow.

chirp, chirp

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...could-be-coming-to-pinellas-on-monday/1168296

Just breezed through the article, but this courthouse seems to be gearing up for something really big.

From what was stated in that article, it certainly appears that Pinalles County Courthouse is gearing up for something big happening there this week...............it could well be the site of jury selection.

I had decided on the Gainesville area only because a friend had received a jury notice. :)

I stopped by the Pinellas Criminal Justice Center on my way home from doing errands. There are, indeed, some parking spaces with "reserved for media" signs on them with the area taped off. I counted 5 spaces. There may be more some where else on the property, but I didn't see them. The place was empty.

I am going to Tampa for a while tomorrow (sorry, no where near where Hillsborough County court house is). I will go by our courthouse again late tomorrow.

I read the article in the Times. There sure was a lot of "Go ask 'Fill in the Blank' " or "no comment". If they didn't have something they couldn't release, and Pinellas has an 'open' policy, they would have to say what was going on and they wouldn't be shoving the answer off on someone else. I think Donte Morris and that 16 year old who shot and killed Officer Crawford are both housed in the 49th Street Jail. Casey will be in fine company. :great:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back