Where will the jury come from?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No,prospective jurors here are chosen from the driver's license rolls, not voter registration.

Are you certain?

I am a legal resident and entitled to work and drive here in FL.
Not being a citizen makes me ineligible to vote, serve on a jury or work for the federal govmt (except in the millitary)

Isn't most of Florida hispanic? :waitasec: How could that help him, when the very person Casey accused is hispanic? :waitasec:

I would tend to think that the hispanic community would not be interested in having any positive thoughts about a woman who accused a "hispanic woman" of kidnapping her child!

:banghead::banghead: No reply necessary... I'm being purely rhetorical! :banghead:

Kind of like Susan Smith accusing "black men", and Joran Van DerSloot accusing "black security guards".

The hispanic community should be :furious: that he is even trying this angle. The hypocrisy of it all! :banghead:

Certain areas are heavily hispanic...a lot of the citrus growing areas, the Miami area, some parts of Orlando. About 21% of Florida is Hispanic so they will be present at least in small numbers in most areas...in large numbers in others. I agree...how will Baez get past the fact that KC falsely accused a hispanic woman of kidnapping her child?

As a sort of aside. If the jury is chosen from Seminole County or South Volusia, the jury may find Cindy and George a little familiar.
Even if they haven't encountered local media, the only time I have seen GA and CA, was in various shops in Seminole (mostly Super Target, but at least once in Toys R Us).

Are you certain?

I am a legal resident and entitled to work and drive here in FL.
Not being a citizen makes me ineligible to vote, serve on a jury or work for the federal govmt (except in the millitary)

Same for all of Florida:
"Jurors in the Northern District of Florida are selected at random from the certified list of registered voters from Florida' Secretary of State. One must be a registered voter and reside for one year within one of the four divisions of the Northern District of Florida."

http://www.flnd.uscourts.gov/jurors/jurySelection.cfm

As a sort of aside. If the jury is chosen from Seminole County or South Volusia, the jury may find Cindy and George a little familiar.
Even if they haven't encountered local media, the only time I have seen GA and CA, was in various shops in Seminole (mostly Super Target, but at least once in Toys R Us).

Lol, I live in Seminole as well and I've seen George over in that area. They must love Target as I'm pretty sure either there or Kohl's is where I say George. I think Seminole is way too close to Orange and I doubt Jose would approve it.

Same for all of Florida:
"Jurors in the Northern District of Florida are selected at random from the certified list of registered voters from Florida' Secretary of State. One must be a registered voter and reside for one year within one of the four divisions of the Northern District of Florida."

http://www.flnd.uscourts.gov/jurors/jurySelection.cfm

I thought it was the same throughout FL but I guess not.

I live in Lake County and they quit using voter registeration years ago and use the FL Driver License database instead.

"Jurors for County and Circuit Court are selected from a database provided to the Clerk of Circuit Court by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles."

http://www.lakecountyclerk.org/courts/jury_management.aspx

This is the same for Marion County and Dade County, from Driver Licenses.

http://www.marioncountyclerk.org/public/index.cfm?Pg=juryduty

http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/jurors.asp

Just thinking out loud for a moment.....

Wouldn't be an absolute hoot, if come Monday morning they are starting jury selection right there at the Orange County Court House? :waitasec:

Most of the media is already gathered there.

Judge Perry has said he might get jurors there anyway.

Probably not, huh?

Just thinking out loud for a moment.....

Wouldn't be an absolute hoot, if come Monday morning they are starting jury selection right there at the Orange County Court House? :waitasec:

Most of the media is already gathered there.

Judge Perry has said he might get jurors there anyway.

Probably not, huh?

Bold mine.

I can't believe I wrote nearly the same thing as you above.....even down to the word "hoot", on another thread! :great: GMTA!!!.....Tho, I do give you credit for thinking it up first! :) :highfive:

So what are the final predictions? Where do people think it is going to be on Monday morning?

I am not convinced it is Palm Beach.

So what are the final predictions? Where do people think it is going to be on Monday morning?

I am not convinced it is Palm Beach.

I don't know but Schaeffer says retirees would be a good bet also because they have the time; I don't know - if I were the defense I would stay away from retirees. I would go for young professionals as much as possible.

Anyone know if we can watch Voir Dire? With the faces blocked out?

HEaring today at 1 because defense is objecting to it! WHerever it is!

Polk County, either Lakeland or Winter Haven

Lol, I live in Seminole as well and I've seen George over in that area. They must love Target as I'm pretty sure either there or Kohl's is where I say George. I think Seminole is way too close to Orange and I doubt Jose would approve it.

I will never forget the interview George did, I think he was in Oviedo, saying the kidnappers were being watched.

Maybe they like to shop in Seminole County...get away from their neighborhood

Bold mine.

I can't believe I wrote nearly the same thing as you above.....even down to the word "hoot", on another thread! :great: GMTA!!!.....Tho, I do give you credit for thinking it up first! :) :highfive:

:highfive: :giggle:

I guess we shall see!

So at today's hearing HHJP said at the closing "see you at 8:30 Mornday morning."

With that I would think it has to be real close either Seminole(Sanford) or Osceola (Kissimmee) County unless have already been told so they could go there the night before.

So at today's hearing HHJP said at the closing "see you at 8:30 Mornday morning."

With that I would think it has to be real close either Seminole(Sanford) or Osceola (Kissimmee) County unless have already been told so they could go there the night before.

There isn't any rule that says they can't start jury selection later in the day. Last time I was called they didn't start until right after lunch... which made me wait in the jury selection room all morning with nothing to do.

Also, maybe he meant he will see them there at 8:30 because they aren't traveling together.

Seminole County is too close. If you take off driving from downtown Orlando, you won't see anything but urban sprawl all the way to Sanford. It's like one big town and it is in the same media market. Kissimmee is also out because the district is Orange/Osceola so it's the same thing I think. Judge Perry is Chief Judge of both and the main courthouse (in Orange County) is called the Orange/Osceola Courthouse. I believe the courthouse that is in Osceola is called an annex... but I'm not sure on that one.

LOL, yes Florida has turned into what we call little Cuba, especially Miami..at least that is how the Hispanic's I know anyway feel. We are kind of embarrassed to even admit at times we are Hispanic's sad to say. It's almost like there is something in the water there in Florida. You have your upper class, middle class, and low class of Hispanic's there....but IMO they all act the same and have the same morals if ya get my drift. I am not talking bad about anyone, just sharing my opinion and observations of when I did live there for 13 some yrs. Nice beach though...lol. :truce:

Im Cuban and live down here and though, yes, there is a sector of the Cuban community that is "embarrassing", for lack of a better word, I certainly am not embarrassed to say Im Cuban and neither is any one else I know. There are many different Cuban people, but its like any other nationality. As far a a lot of Cubans, there are far more hispanic nationalities than Cuban...FAR more. But yes, its VERY hispanic in Miami.

I personally, do not think that this area would be sympathetic to Baez. Maybe some, but its not a slam dunk. I certainly wouldnt be!

As for the beaches,,, eh, I think they are overrated. I prefer the west coast or the Bahamas.. LOL

I think Brevard County at the Viera Justice Center. Still about an hour away, reasonable hotel rates off I95.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61
Back