Where will the jury come from?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I suppose at this point that the first question that will be asked of potential jurors is "Have you been contacted in any way by a member of the media?"

The second question will probably be "Are you a member of Websleuths?" :D

I suppose at this point that the first question that will be asked of potential jurors is "Have you been contacted in any way by a member of the media?"

The second question will probably be "Are ityou a member of Websleuths?" :D

:floorlaugh:
that WAS FUNNY!~ thanks!

And then the next question will be....Are you an idiot blogger??

Ummmmmm CM.....forums are not blogs!

Then again...for all your tech knowledge they may as well be bogs.....you know.....like the place that poor Caylee was found??

Semantics CM.....works both ways.

Palm Beach County would be a good location. Most people live in the fast lane there as they do in Orlando. Counties to the north of there are altogether different. More laid back and under strong religious influences.

I don't think of Orlando as a place where people "live in the fast lane." However, the demographics of Hillsborough, Orange, and Palm Beach Counties are very close.

Judge Perry did say today that the location will be 1 hr. to 1.5 hrs. "to get there" About 12:00 in the video.

http://www.wftv.com/video/27745104/index.html

Just catching up on this thread. With the 1 1-1/2 hour distance, I'm wondering if the jury will come from Daytona Beach (Volusia County). Though, I'm not sure about the cheap hotel thing, especially as the trial will take place during tourist season. But, Daytona does have tons of hotels and I guess there are some cheap ones :)

I can't help thinking that the reason that HHJP was so livid in court this week was that he was the one that let the cat out of the bag, as he really wasn't in WPB just to visit a friend and he was embarrassed by that.... :innocent:

I have a hard time visualizing who can leave home for 8+ weeks at a time without it being a tremendous burden? Are there that many people in that area who don't have obligations for a couple of months at a time?

<Snipped from article:>

WPBF 25 News investigative reporter Terri Parker reported last week that no one at the Palm Beach County courthouse -- from Blanc, court administration, the clerk of court's office and the sheriff's office -- said they have any knowledge that the jury selection might begin at the courthouse Monday. No extra juror summons were issued, and no additional sheriff's deputies have been assigned to work Monday.

http://www.wpbf.com/news/27772965/detail.html#ixzz1LP3mEj6Y

Ocala fits most of the clues plus has a large retired population, cheap-er hotels, 1 1/2 hrs away, "up there" means north of Orlando, etc. Yup that's my pick.

Ocala fits most of the clues plus has a large retired population, cheap-er hotels, 1 1/2 hrs away, "up there" means north of Orlando, etc. Yup that's my pick.

An interestingly enough....Ocala is host to Lowell Correctional Annex.

I have a hard time visualizing who can leave home for 8+ weeks at a time without it being a tremendous burden? Are there that many people in that area who don't have obligations for a couple of months at a time?

Think retired people, unemployed people, possibly college students since this is during the summer. On the other hand, names are drawn from voter registration rolls, so that limits the pool.

No,prospective jurors here are chosen from the driver's license rolls, not voter registration.

IMO where ever it is coming from there will be a large Hispanic population. Reasons being that Baez did his Hispanic interviews today, said they are ready for trial, and there has been no Objection to where the Jury is coming from.

NOTE: Baez has not objected...

Isn't most of Florida hispanic? :waitasec: How could that help him, when the very person Casey accused is hispanic? :waitasec:

I would tend to think that the hispanic community would not be interested in having any positive thoughts about a woman who accused a "hispanic woman" of kidnapping her child!

:banghead::banghead: No reply necessary... I'm being purely rhetorical! :banghead:

Kind of like Susan Smith accusing "black men", and Joran Van DerSloot accusing "black security guards".

The hispanic community should be :furious: that he is even trying this angle. The hypocrisy of it all! :banghead:

LOL, yes Florida has turned into what we call little Cuba, especially Miami..at least that is how the Hispanic's I know anyway feel. We are kind of embarrassed to even admit at times we are Hispanic's sad to say. It's almost like there is something in the water there in Florida. You have your upper class, middle class, and low class of Hispanic's there....but IMO they all act the same and have the same morals if ya get my drift. I am not talking bad about anyone, just sharing my opinion and observations of when I did live there for 13 some yrs. Nice beach though...lol. :truce:

Enough already regarding how Florida is perceived with regards to the nationalities that live here.

Please acknowledge my post by hitting the thanks button.

I'm sorry... i thought discussion of where the jury would come and its relevance was worthy of discussion. Apparently i was wrong. My apologies.

Think retired people, unemployed people, possibly college students since this is during the summer. On the other hand, names are drawn from voter registration rolls, so that limits the pool.

That's still an awful long time to be sequestered. No way to get home to pay bills etc or deal with your property maintenance. It severely limits their choices by changing venue...

LOL, yes Florida has turned into what we call little Cuba, especially Miami..at least that is how the Hispanic's I know anyway feel. We are kind of embarrassed to even admit at times we are Hispanic's sad to say. It's almost like there is something in the water there in Florida. You have your upper class, middle class, and low class of Hispanic's there....but IMO they all act the same and have the same morals if ya get my drift. I am not talking bad about anyone, just sharing my opinion and observations of when I did live there for 13 some yrs. Nice beach though...lol. :truce:

No, I don't get your drift -- could you explain more?

I'm not sure why anyone would think that Florida has turned into a little Cuba? Yes, there is Little Havana in Miami (I lived in Miami for many years), but that's just one part of the state. Also, I don't understand why talking about Hispanics in Florida is relevant to this thread??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back