Where will the jury come from?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So what are the final predictions? Where do people think it is going to be on Monday morning?

I am not convinced it is Palm Beach.

Everyone has a different answer. I have to give Judge Perry a thumbs up, this is the biggest secret since Osama Bin Laden.

Everyone has a different answer. I have to give Judge Perry a thumbs up, this is the biggest secret since Osama Bin Laden.

I agree. I think the trip to WPB was a test to see how everyone would react.

I agree. I think the trip to WPB was a test to see how everyone would react.

I have the same feeling you do on that.

Guess I'll stick with what I guessed before... Gainesville area.

According to Kathi Belich on WFTV's evening news tonight, they have hired their own jury consultant and the best area for the defense would have been the far western panhandle around Pensacola because they answered questionnaires and say they haven't heard much about it. Kathi even did a search on one of their news tv station websites and when she typed in Casey Anthony it returned "no results". I don't think that's where they went though as it's a full day to drive there from here. The area most likely to give the death penalty is Jacksonville (which surprised me). :shocked2:

Oh goody, they finally have it posted on their site. Here is the link.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and venture a guess even though I'm not familiar with Florida. I guess the county of jury selection will be northwest of Orlando.

I am in Jacksonville area, and our local news tonight was showing shots of our court house talking about the case....they are thinking Jacksonville will be it.....just wanted to share....

I am in Jacksonville area, and our local news tonight was showing shots of our court house talking about the case....they are thinking Jacksonville will be it.....just wanted to share....

Isn't Jacksonville about 2 1/2 hours (give or take) from Orlando?

Three hour drive would put folks there in time to drop off stuff at hotel, get a quick bite to eat, and start jury selection by 1 p.m.... :waitasec:

Im Cuban and live down here and though, yes, there is a sector of the Cuban community that is "embarrassing", for lack of a better word, I certainly am not embarrassed to say Im Cuban and neither is any one else I know. There are many different Cuban people, but its like any other nationality. [/B] As far a a lot of Cubans, there are far more hispanic nationalities than Cuban...FAR more. But yes, its VERY hispanic in Miami.

I personally, do not think that this area would be sympathetic to Baez. Maybe some, but its not a slam dunk. I certainly wouldnt be!

As for the beaches,,, eh, I think they are overrated. I prefer the west coast or the Bahamas.. LOL

BBM

Amen to that. :seeya:

:seeya:I suspect HHJP has picked a diverse area,since ,not only death is different, this entire case is different.

OT,I'm a Navy Brat who spent 4 years at Guantanamo Bay(AKA Paradise),including during the Cuban Missile Crisis.Of course ,we were evacuated,leaving my Dad behind.

Three hour drive would put folks there in time to drop off stuff at hotel, get a quick bite to eat, and start jury selection by 1 p.m.... :waitasec:

I took "see you at 8:30 Monday morning" to mean at the secret Court House.I think he intends for everyone to be there on time,as usual. :great:

I am assuming the rooms he reserved are not in any recognizable names and they can settle in the night before. Not much damage for the media to do at that point.

News report that jury selection may be in Pinellas County. Posted link in todays news.

My guess is Pasco County or Hillsborough County (Tampa or North of) It is about 1-1.5 hour and a half away, and hasn't been mentioned much :)

There has been some speculation that HHJP may have purposefully seeded some of his conversations with facts to mislead the public about the location of the jury selection site. I believe there might be a bit of truth to this because some of the things he's said seem to me to be contradictory.

How can there be a place within an hour and half drive from Orlando that has few television stations? Wouldn't all of the Orlando stations have coverage within this radius?

And the financial spreadsheet that was prepared to estimate the cost of the jury selection and trial doesn't reflect only $50 rates at the location. It quotes a $150 rate per night (and a 100 mile radius from Orlando). http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2011/0317/27227343.pdf

So I am confused ~ and am beginning to think that's just exactly what HHJP was intending. I have no idea where it could be. . .

I got the impression that they were going to meet at the OC courts on Monday at 8:30 where he would then release the location to everyone. Then from there they would start the drive, get set up and have cameras ready by a 1PM start.

Courthouse location:

Criminal Justice Center
14250 49th street north
Clearwater, fl

I'll do some drivebys this weekend and see if anything is up. The story said "And media parking spaces outside the courthouse have been cordoned off." Unless Judge Perry is throwing the public off and having parking spaces cordoned off at various other places, too.

I got the impression that they were going to meet at the OC courts on Monday at 8:30 where he would then release the location to everyone. Then from there they would start the drive, get set up and have cameras ready by a 1PM start.

I must have missed something :banghead:

Story of my life :crazy:

I'll report back, but I am sure it is going to hit the news around here first.

I usually watch Bay News 9. It's our 24-hour news channel.

I'll post anything I find out in this thread.

I would love to watch jury selection one of the days if I can get in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back