White Truck Focus and second person in truck.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe I am missing something. If the truck was moved to the little access road, what would the point be? If Kyron left the school (alone) via the door nearest his classroom, he would have walked right by the turf technician. If he left by either of the monitored doors, well, he would have been monitored. I can see by the bing maps and by someone's (gwenabob?) great photos that it would be hard to see him from the school (not impossible, though), but if he's gonna march right by the groundskeeper, then what's the point? This is beginning to remind me of the great John Carter Dickson "locked room" mysteries.

"How to get someone out when getting them out is prohibited." ...... get them out when the monitors and turf technician are no longer needed. Like, for instance, after school let out for the day.

"How to get someone out when getting them out is prohibited." ...... get them out when the monitors and turf technician are no longer needed. Like, for instance, after school let out for the day.

Yes, after school, there would be plenty of opportunity to remove someone or something without attracting any attention at all.

Based on the investigators’ timeline, and if Stensen’s times are accurate, the window for the white truck to be on the access road narrows to the 15 minutes between 8:30 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. .....that's from the thread about the grounds keeper. ....They would have left after he had already gone

Maybe I am missing something. If the truck was moved to the little access road, what would the point be? If Kyron left the school (alone) via the door nearest his classroom, he would have walked right by the turf technician. If he left by either of the monitored doors, well, he would have been monitored. I can see by the bing maps and by someone's (gwenabob?) great photos that it would be hard to see him from the school (not impossible, though), but if he's gonna march right by the groundskeeper, then what's the point? This is beginning to remind me of the great John Carter Dickson "locked room" mysteries.

The groundskeeper left at 8:30. That was probably when the truck was moved to the access road. (I think the access road was the original plan, but the groundskeeper's presence made Terri have to park a ways back from it.) I don't think it would be hard for Terri to take Kyron out that door by the field (which is in a deep drop-off from the schoolyard) and go down the steps quickly. If they stayed by the "wall" formed by the drop off, they wouldn't be seen from the school as they made their way to the access road.

from Kimster's pics (with my scribbles):
This is the soccer-side door to the school.
soccerview.jpg

Route. Staying near drop off would keep one reasonably out of sight.
kyronsoccer.jpg

Looking the other way toward where truck would be parked:
kyronsoccerheight.jpg

(Thanks, Kimster, for the pics!)

The groundskeeper left at 8:30. That was probably when the truck was moved to the access road. (I think the access road was the original plan, but the groundskeeper's presence made Terri have to park a ways back from it.) I don't think it would be hard for Terri to take Kyron out that door by the field (which is in a deep drop-off from the schoolyard) and go down the steps quickly. If they stayed by the "wall" formed by the drop off, they wouldn't be seen from the school as they made their way to the access road.(SNIP)

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100663409.html
He met with two detectives and a deputy district attorney at Skyline School early Friday to go over his timeline in detail.

Stensen told investigators that he left Skyline School as late as 8:45 a.m. or 9 a.m., which means he could have missed seeing the Horman truck being in the two spots investigators are interested in, especially since he spent his time and attention at the school mowing the soccer field.

BBM
So, yes, he could have missed seeing the truck, but would he have seen someone/anyone leaving from that door near Kyron's classroom?

Thank you Kimster for the fantastic photos, and thank you Steadfast for painting on them. Now I really get the visual idea of how this could have happened.

If Im not mistaken the tech left at 830. So to me it could still be possible that she originally parked on the street, and "my theory" is that she told Kyron that she would go get the truck and pull around to pick him up from a certain door(they do open from the inside, you can not enter from these doors, only exit)...

That door being the one closest to the access road, it being after 830 turf tech is gone and Terri is able to drive up access road and Kyron come out that door...(As I said my theory only)..

But definitely plenty of time AFTER turf tech left for Terri to drive up access road..

~snip~
He said he cut the grass on the soccer field between 7:45 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. the morning of June 4
~end snip~
http://www.katu.com/news/local/100582364.html

Yes, thanks for those photos. Something to keep in mind: Those photos were taken within the last couple of weeks, yes? In early June, the grass on the hillside would have been green and likely uncut/tall, further obstructing views of the access road and stairwell. Maybe someone out here on WS from the area could confirm what it looked like near June 4th?

Yes, thanks for those photos. Something to keep in mind: Those photos were taken within the last couple of weeks, yes? In early June, the grass on the hillside would have been green and likely uncut/tall, further obstructing views of the access road and stairwell. Maybe someone out here on WS from the area could confirm what it looked like near June 4th?

The pictures in this album were taken before the weeds were cut:
http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Skyline%20School/

Thank you for those photos as well, Sacrebleu. That tall grass certainly would obstruct the view....wow....

The groundskeeper left at 8:30. That was probably when the truck was moved to the access road. (I think the access road was the original plan, but the groundskeeper's presence made Terri have to park a ways back from it.) I don't think it would be hard for Terri to take Kyron out that door by the field (which is in a deep drop-off from the schoolyard) and go down the steps quickly. If they stayed by the "wall" formed by the drop off, they wouldn't be seen from the school as they made their way to the access road.(SNIP)

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100663409.html
He met with two detectives and a deputy district attorney at Skyline School early Friday to go over his timeline in detail.

Stensen told investigators that he left Skyline School as late as 8:45 a.m. or 9 a.m., which means he could have missed seeing the Horman truck being in the two spots investigators are interested in, especially since he spent his time and attention at the school mowing the soccer field.

BBM
So, yes, he could have missed seeing the truck, but would he have seen someone/anyone leaving from that door near Kyron's classroom?

That does present a pretty daunting complication to my theory! I think if he were mowing the field while they left either he could see them or the perp would believe he could see them. The only way I could see it working is if the mystery person in the truck is parked in the first position (which is not on the access road, I don't think, but farther back nearer the parking lot) until 8:45 - 8:50, waiting for the groundskeeper to leave. Then he leaves near the early portion of his estimate (8:45). A quick cell phone call to Terri as the mystery person moves the truck to the access road, and Terri exits the school with Kyron.
Possible, but that timeframe is really, really tight.

Yes, after school, there would be plenty of opportunity to remove someone or something without attracting any attention at all.
But Kyron rode the bus. Children are usually herded directly from the classroom to the bus boarding area. I don't think there would've been a chance to catch Kyron alone. Besides, if it was Terri, she had to be home waiting for his bus.

Thanks Kimster and Steadfast for the photos. Judging by the grade of the walkway and the height of the berm, I'd say Kyron and Terri, or Kyron and anyone, could've easily made their way to a parked vehicle undetected by anyone looking out of a window.

Those are great, SacreBleu. I love your handle, btw. I'm sure the mechanical room is always locked and has been searched anyway, but it sure is a creepy spot.

That does present a pretty daunting complication to my theory! I think if he were mowing the field while they left either he could see them or the perp would believe he could see them. The only way I could see it working is if the mystery person in the truck is parked in the first position (which is not on the access road, I don't think, but farther back nearer the parking lot) until 8:45 - 8:50, waiting for the groundskeeper to leave. Then he leaves near the early portion of his estimate (8:45). A quick cell phone call to Terri as the mystery person moves the truck to the access road, and Terri exits the school with Kyron.
Possible, but that timeframe is really, really tight.

Yes STEADFAST it does make that timeframe tight but far from impossible IMO. Stensen says he stayed as late as 845-9. This to me is a guesstimation. As do I not, He more than likely isn't checking his watch continually, as most ppl don't. If he had no important appt (which it seems he did NOT otherwise I think he would have definitely said I had an appt at such&such time that morning therefor I was keeping a close eye on the exact time, therefor IMO he would have given a much more definite time of departing such as I had such&such appt and know I left the school at 850 giving me the 10 mins I needed to get to my appt).. So IMO "I stayed as late as 845-9" is definitely a guesstimation(which nothing wrong with that Id say the majority of us if having to come up with a time line the times would be guesstimated for a good portion of the times in question, except as I said above if we had certain appts at specific times therefor giving us reason to know more specific and accurate times).

So, IMO Terri left the school between 845-9(maybe a few mins earlier but not much given witness accts of times they were seen in Skyline). So, lets say Terri parks in the front of the school as her originating spot that a.m. and at 845 she tells Kyron she is going to go get the truck and pull it around for him to come out that specific door(the one nearest access rd). So Terri gets truck(add in few mins if baby K was with her and had to be buckled in)pulls around and up the access road and its now 855 and Kyron comes out the door and gets into the truck(and thanks to kimsters detailed pix upthread we see that a good portion of that exit and access road are pretty well hidden, at the very least NOT CLEARLY visible)...

So even if Stensen's time is dead on and he left at 845 that is still 10 full mins BEFORE Terri drives up the access road and Kyron exits from side door.. SO IMO yes still ENTIRELY POSSIBLE AND DOABLE!

Lastly I will add one other thing... IMO I do think that the turf tech being there that morning did offset Terri's original timing she had in mind to have the "disappearance" done and them gone. I don't think she knew he was gonna be there. IMO I think Terri had every intention of getting to the Fair, being seen, taken pix, and give Porter the appt excuse(if it took place on Fri, as its been said it was possibly told Thurs afternoon)and I think her intentions were to have Kyron outta there before EVERYONE really had gotten there. Tho JMO. However I believe that quite ironically that this offset of Terri's timing may have played in her favor(atleast as far as getting Kyron out unseen[that we know of])because IMO with all of the ppl there[students, teachers, assts, faculty, parents, siblings&grandparents]all of the hub-bub, chaos, and hecticness is exactly how they left in plain sight(Terri out the front door and Kyron out the side door):(

Again alot of this is JMO but I do indeed believe it is more than possible given the times that we know of...

the reason I think all of this is possible is because Kyron seems, to me by looking at his pictures and hearing what his parents say, he just seems like a compliant kid who would not question why he had to go out the back door like that.

I know because I was the same way. Anyone could get me to do anything, especially at that age. I would not question it, just trust.

But Kyron rode the bus. Children are usually herded directly from the classroom to the bus boarding area. I don't think there would've been a chance to catch Kyron alone. Besides, if it was Terri, she had to be home waiting for his bus.

Thanks Kimster and Steadfast for the photos. Judging by the grade of the walkway and the height of the berm, I'd say Kyron and Terri, or Kyron and anyone, could've easily made their way to a parked vehicle undetected by anyone looking out of a window.

BBM - I am sorry but now I am lost. What do you mean by this?

The more I think about the stranger/aquaintance theory, it makes more sense that it is someone associated with the school in some way. Someone whose comings and goings and perhaps carrying anything in or out of the school would not pique anyone's interest. It is that or the little guy did just wander off like LE and everyone else suspected in the first few days. JMO

If you go up that side path where do you exit? Do you have to turn around right there by the gate?

If so, why wouldn't the witness had seen the truck facing the other way? Surely, if that was Terri and she was planning on taking Kyron by having him meet her at the truck there at that point, she would have been prepared and had the truck facing the other way to drive back down to the highway. But no, both truck postures were facing upward the path.

If the chain is across the top of the road, you would have to back down. I think it is likely only the ground maintenance workers would drive up past the chain. If Terri went up that little access road in front of the school, she would most likely have stopped before the chain, then backed down to the road when leaving.

ETA--the truck plus the trailer for pulling the lawnmower are pretty long. He might have parked along the strip between the school exit and the access road, which would block his view of a child running along the slope toward the access road. He could have been mowing way over on the other side of the field with his back toward the school. It would take a kid less than 30 seconds to run along that length.

How tall is Terri? I agree it might be feasible for a small child to walk/run that path adjacent to the soccer field without being easily seen in some areas where the grass was taller.

But an adult? An adult with very long, bright red hair? Was the grass thick & overgrown and over 5 feet tall the entire length of that path on that day? Not to mention the path is atop a hill. As someone who has spent a lot of time hiking nature trails, I know that when someone is on top of a hill, they are much more visible to those below.

The pathway adjacent to the soccer field is a long pathway. IMO, since the GK stated that he saw some kids come out the door & look @ the raised plant beds, he had a very good view of that side of the school - including the pathway.

The GK expressed concerned that the kids whom he saw might come out onto the soccer field as he was mowing, so I think it's logical to assume he kept an eye on the comings & goings of anyone on that side of the school so that he could *chase* anyone off the field until he was finished mowing. He probably had a schedule to keep. I doubt the Skyline soccer field was the only field he mowed that day.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420