Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to say here that i have never been a fan of bobby brown. on the contrary, on the rare occasions i've paid him a smidgeon of attention, i've always found him to be utterly tasteless. point being, i almost hate having to defend the guy in here but darn it.....i truly think he's done his best to be there for his daughter and i think the houston family has and likely will continue to make that as hard as possible for him. it is sad.

Do you blame them though??? When it's been reported that Bobbi Kristina is already struggling with addiction? Its also being reported that the family is trying to get her into rehab.

If Bobbi Brown can prove beyond a doubt that he is clean and 100% on the up and up, and not trying to just get in the daughters hands because of the estate then maybe he can have a relationship with his daughter.... But I think he has A LOT of proving to do~

I would be surprised if her ppl didn't have Whitney change her Will in 2007; in fact, I would bet that its terms were revised right along with the divorce decree and sole custody arrangements.

And statement from Brown:

He says:

“My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how.”

http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-18-b...uston-funeral/?from=top-headline#.T0AgRc7RCwg

He created a scene by walking out!!! This guy is completely clueless imo.

Oprah asked WH how she was finally able to let the love for BB go.... because obviously HE was already gone. WH said that it was her daughter that did it. She said that Bobbi K told her (WH) that her father, BB was a jerk and nothing to wait around for. Bobbi K said, "I've been waiting almost my whole life for him to do what he promised me he'd do. There are so many times he's promised to buy me this or that... take me here or there. And he never did. He promised so many times he'd come see me in New Jersey. I'd wait for him on all those days he was supposed to come and he never did. Since I've been here in CA he has said he'd come see me and never has! You have to let him go! I did and you can too!"

Snipped for space

So as referenced above, it seems like he wanted NOTHING to do with his daughter. Why the big change now??? One reason! MONEY, and the ESTATE. Its quite obvious if he could not even see his daughter when she asked him to, now he wants to all of a sudden?? After how many years of being not having a relationship with her??

Money will make anyone do anything if they think they have a chance at getting it!

Aretha Franklin doesn't attend Whitney Houston's funeral

Houston's funeral to be at noon on Saturday

Published On: Feb 18 2012 02:11:35 AM EST Updated On: Feb 18 2012 03:16:14 PM EST

NEWARK, N.J. -
In a statement Saturday, Aretha Franklin said she would not be attending Whitney Houston's funeral because she was suffering from "terrible leg spasms and locked leg muscles."

The Queen of Soul said she had "every intention" of being at the funeral, but felt it necessary to stay off her leg as much as possible.

"My heart goes out to my dear friend Cissy, Dionne, Bobbi Kristina and the rest of the family. May God keep them all," she said in the statement...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...eral/-/1719418/8803410/-/6hah53z/-/index.html

I also heard on several news/talk shows that Whitney had NOT changed her will after the divorce and that Bobby Brown was the sole beneficiary of her entire estate! Dammit!

Sorry for multiple posts. But the family may be able to fight this in court. Especially with the divorce and his daughter. For all we know in the Divorce it may have stated that he not get any money, which may be the very reason he is now trying to get into Bobbi Kristina's good graces.

I was hoping that today's home going would give me, someone who never knew Whitney, some semblance of 'closure' to what's been a most difficult week. Unfortunately, even more troublesome issues have been raised surrounding what might have been a momentous event, pure joy, a celebration of love.

May "Tomorrow" bring a brighter day for all.

P.S. The only Winans CD in my collection is the one on which Anita Baker (my all-time fave) contributed her voice. fwiw.

(submitted with respect, and regret)

Sending love to Aretha with hope for a fast recovery. She was certainly missed. (Wasn't all that long ago that we were worried she would depart this life soon...)

How hard it must be, to be called-upon to 'perform' at services when your heart is so broken. I think perhaps we expect too much from our stars, even though the notables who showed-up today were able to pull it thru.

ETA, I know we do.

Whitney :rocker:

You were a true artist. I pray that God grant you peace and that you rest happily singing at the Throne. You took songs that were written by amazing talents and created living, breathing moments of beauty that touched everyone who heard them. Your work lives on as your testimony here on earth. You were here, you left an indelible mark, you live on and Whitney~you were more than good enough~you were GREAT! Sending comfort to your daughter and family.

Peace out.

I was hoping that today's home going would give me, someone who never knew Whitney, some semblance of 'closure' to what's been a most difficult week. Unfortunately, even more troublesome issues have been raised surrounding what might have been a momentous event, pure joy, a celebration of love.

May "Tomorrow" bring a brighter day for all.

P.S. The only Winans CD in my collection is the one on which Anita Baker (my all-time fave) contributed her voice. fwiw.

(submitted with respect, and regret)

CeCe's work is stellar. One of a kind...like Whitney.

CeCe's work is stellar. One of a kind...like Whitney.

ITA! And in their voices and delivery, one can hear a distinct similarity.

BeBe also brought it home in TV interviews this past week, plus in his contributions to today's home going.

Everyone in the entire Winan Family appears to be so gracious, so spiritual,
and so compassionate and loving.... and lovable! And they're all so talented!

They all seem to have that awesome gift of putting their heartfelt feelings into words,
songs and sermons! AND... they're all so good looking!!! CeCe is just so adorable!

He said they always had separate rooms. She never went to his, nor him to her's until she called him.

I know but he was her BODYGUARD. He had to know when she was getting messed up on pills and crack. She was reportedly ordering rum and cokes from the bar at 9:30 in the morning a day before she died. He had to notice that. :mad:

I would be surprised if her ppl didn't have Whitney change her Will in 2007; in fact, I would bet that its terms were revised right along with the divorce decree and sole custody arrangements.

I hope it was all confusion during the media frenzy....and she did change it. Horrible if not. What is the legal age of inheritance? 18, 21 or what the will expressed?

Do you blame them though??? When it's been reported that Bobbi Kristina is already struggling with addiction? Its also being reported that the family is trying to get her into rehab.

If Bobbi Brown can prove beyond a doubt that he is clean and 100% on the up and up, and not trying to just get in the daughters hands because of the estate then maybe he can have a relationship with his daughter.... But I think he has A LOT of proving to do~

interesting that you assume the worst of bobby brown and assume only the best of the houston family and their handlers. let's not forget that it was members of that family who made up wh's entourage when bobbi k had the tub incident, when whitney died, and when bobbi k was given a sedative on top of alcohol in the aftermath. i'm curious to know what you think makes the houston family so above reproach here?

bobby brown got sober. whitney houston didn't. one could speculate that this is because bobby brown was not surrounded by enablers who put the lining of their pockets before the welfare of bobby brown. the practice didn't do much for whitney, so i for one hope it isn't repeated with her daughter.

interesting that you assume the worst of bobby brown and assume only the best of the houston family and their handlers. let's not forget that it was members of that family who made up wh's entourage when bobbi k had the tub incident, when whitney died, and when bobbi k was given a sedative on top of alcohol in the aftermath. i'm curious to know what you think makes the houston family so above reproach here?

bobby brown got sober. whitney houston didn't. one could speculate that this is because bobby brown was not surrounded by enablers who put the lining of their pockets before the welfare of bobby brown. the practice didn't do much for whitney, so i for one hope it isn't repeated with her daughter.

ITA!

I enjoyed the service today immensely. I cried and I laughed. It was the perfect send off and I believe Whitney is in the arms of God, Yes, she was fragile and controlled by her demons but she was still loving, kind and considerate to others.

But I do not like the way Bobby was treated. I watched the entire thing and there was plenty of room in the pew seats for nine people. I think Whitney's family resents that Bobby got clean and sober. I also think it is a cop out if they try to blame Bobby instead of Whitney. From what her closest friends have said Whitney was doing drugs long before she met Bobby and Bobby certainly wasnt the reason for Whitney dying.

I think Whitney would have been highly upset by the way Bobby was treated. She had just gone out to dinner with Bobby, BK, Bobby's girlfriend and his other children a week and a half before she passed away.

Whitney had a strong faith...perhaps stronger than her family and Whitney knew that forgiveness is what God expected her to do and imo she forgave him a long time ago. I think she knew it was not all his fault and she knew she had a lot of faults herself.

May she rest in peace now.

imo

Yes, I know that Whitney's family loved her, that I believe, and perhaps they tried to help her get sober, too...but seems to me that more could have been done? I speak from experience, as my spouse entered rehab when we were young newlyweds, and remains sober to this day, with lots of hard work. All of his family stuck by him, and we all knew to keep alcohol and any type of drugs well away from him! Sadly, his brother died from drinking just last year, but did not have a supportive wife.
Everyone has to be on the same page, in helping a loved one get sober. There is just no other way. Handing out tranks just leads right back into the addiction spiral.

I hope it was all confusion during the media frenzy....and she did change it. Horrible if not. What is the legal age of inheritance? 18, 21 or what the will expressed?

I hope so too! :)

Legal age of inheritance would depend on the law in the state where the Will was drawn, I would think.

If Whitney had died intestate, the court would appoint an administrator if her child had not attained such age.

If Whitney left a valid Will, it would have likely set the terms (preferably a Trust, with distributions set-out under conditions including amounts at certain ages), and in accordance with the laws of that state.

Just guessing...would like to read input from a lawyer specializing in Wills and Trusts.

~jmo~

I hope that Bobbi K. does not inherit a bunch of money right now. IMO, if she does, she will end up hanging out with freeloaders and doing drugs and alcohol like her mother did/

I keep hearing that she wants a music career. But the problem is, she is not a very good singer. She sings off key and out of tune. This will be a nightmare scenario for her, imo.

I hope she can find something else to follow as her passion. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members