Who was George Brody?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JESSIE EVANS BIRTH: 05 Aug 1898 DEATH: May 1978 RESIDED: 94103 (San Francisco, San Francisco, CA) LAST BENEFIT: 94920 (Belvedere Tiburon, Marin, CA) 354-20-4101 ISSUED: Illinois ///////////////////////JESSIE EVANS BIRTH: 06 Jul 1918 DEATHl Jun 1980 92041 RESIDED(California) 92041 449-30-1171 ISSUED: Texas //////////////////////////JESSIE EVANS BIRTH: 25 Jun 1904 DEATH: Mar 1980 (LAST RESIDED not specified) LAST BENEFIT: 94702 (Berkeley, Alameda, CA) 558-32-8630 ISSUED: California /////////////////////////////////////////////JESSIE EVANS BIRTH: 06 Jul 1941 DEATH; Mar 1979 LAST RESIDED (not specified) LAST BENEFIT: 94609 (Oakland, Alameda, CA) 559-58-3853 ISSUED: California

I ran a check on jessie Evans last week, and got basic info, but was trying to find family of Jessie Evans, when I got sidetracked. Perhaps Jessie's family could tell us about GB?

...EVANS JESSIE B 88 SIXTH ST DELTA HOTEL RM 405 SAN FRANCISCO CA 001623854...

This block of Sixth Street, between Market and Mission Streets, is probably the worst-of-the-worst skid row blocks in San Francisco. A hotel there would make Brody and Waters's hotel look like the Hilton. Yikes!!!!

This block of Sixth Street, between Market and Mission Streets, is probably the worst-of-the-worst skid row blocks in San Francisco. A hotel there would make Brody and Waters's hotel look like the Hilton. Yikes!!!!

This is a Brody profile for sure, he lured and associated with folks he thought he could control, and I think that Evans could have been such, Evans was afterall, in the hospital for something.
However, I think in the end of it all, Waters was a stronger man inside than we give him credit for, he made his own choices, in alot of instances, he was a self-made man, I believe, which made Brody try harder than ever to master his control skills. It would be interesting to know what Evans did for a living, perhaps the family has old documentation, (maybe he/she even paid Brody for something, grrrrr)

I believe Jessie Evans was just a patient in the hospital sharing a room with MK.

Attachments

• Brody 1 1966.jpg
    Brody 1 1966.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 166
Yes, this is GB's handwriting.

Do you have any "cursive" handwriting of Brody? This is very strange, but his print is very similar to my husbands uncle. :eek: I've never seen any other writing like it. (This uncle spent time in prison for the death of his wife, my father-in-laws, sister)

Do you have any "cursive" handwriting of Brody? This is very strange, but his print is very similar to my husbands uncle. :eek: I've never seen any other writing like it. (This uncle spent time in prison for the death of his wife, my father-in-laws, sister)

This page is a mixture.

Attachments

• Brody cursive.jpg
    Brody cursive.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 401
This page is a mixture.

WOW, that is freaky. That's so similar to how "Uncle Bob" (by marriage, not blood related to me or DH) writes. He sends Christmas Cards every year, and writes a long note. He sprinkles upper and lower case, and writing and printing.
(Killed his wife, and claimed it was a mercy killing, as she was in the hospital awaiting test results for cancer...shot her in the head...at the hospital) Test results came back, and she was cancer free...she had gall stones. Poor gal. :( He only served 2 years of a 5 year sentence.

Do you have any idea who & what he is talking about in this note? I read it 10 times and still am confused.

Do you have any idea who & what he is talking about in this note? I read it 10 times and still am confused.

As I recall, it was a diatribe from Brody about the hospital trying to coerce a financial commitment to pay the bill from Margaret Kukoda. He was making the point that she was delirious from pain and medication and should not have been approached in this state.

As much as I want to believe that Brody was always a kook, I am gonna have to side with him on this one. I remember leaving the hospital one time with both of my eyes taped shut after surgery only to have the hospital insist that I sign an unseen promissary note to pay the bill. They said it was customary to sign the contract before leaving the hospital. I explained that I had a custom of always reading a contract before I signed it and if they had a problem with it, then roll me back up into my room and wait two weeks until my bandages came off. I won the arguement and they let me go.

iW, are you refering to the second note Sherlock posted? If so, it is very strange. Maybe it's just me but I kind of have a sick feeling that GB "crooned" in his fantasies and believed his "beloved" crooned over him with the same endearment. Strangely like a 2 yr old would over a favorite fairy tale. Brody being the cow who jumped over the moon kind of thing. Brody either got that type of attention, or had someone like GW listen and hang on those words as well. eerie. Brody and his "hey diddle diddle" mind.

As I recall, it was a diatribe from Brody about the hospital trying to coerce a financial commitment to pay the bill from Margaret Kukoda...

Oops! I was mistaken - this is a different note than the one I was recalling. My bad.

Oops! I was mistaken - this is a different note than the one I was recalling. My bad.
No, you're remembering right (and good for you for standing your ground on signing an unread contract.)
Sherlock posted two different examples of Brody's writing which we previously sent to Peggy Walla, the handwriting expert. The hospital one was the earliest example of his handwriting I could find, and the second one was a draft written several years later which had been wadded up and discarded, but retrieved by GW and then typed out.

iW, are you refering to the second note Sherlock posted? If so, it is very strange. Maybe it's just me but I kind of have a sick feeling that GB "crooned" in his fantasies and believed his "beloved" crooned over him with the same endearment. Strangely like a 2 yr old would over a favorite fairy tale. Brody being the cow who jumped over the moon kind of thing. Brody either got that type of attention, or had someone like GW listen and hang on those words as well. eerie. Brody and his "hey diddle diddle" mind.

Yes, the 2nd one SherlockJr posted. Just weird. I can't make out every word. :waitasec:

Yes, the 2nd one SherlockJr posted. Just weird. I can't make out every word. :waitasec:
(The words "and we proc" are crossed out. Then he writes...)

objectives concerning her much-questioned likes and dislikes---Also, among other things, she endeavored to prevail upon me how much she loves San Francisco, the people she knows here, et cetera. I could go on indefinitely and effortlessly, just to describe to you what...

(This is one page of a letter he wrote to the parents of Seka, the young Yugoslavian woman. Each page had only about a sentence on it in very large writing. I am impressed that he can spell, but that's about the only thing which impresses me.)

(The words "and we proc" are crossed out. Then he writes...)

objectives concerning her much-questioned likes and dislikes---Also, among other things, she endeavored to prevail upon me how much she loves San Francisco, the people she knows here, et cetera. I could go on indefinitely and effortlessly, just to describe to you what...

(This is one page of a letter he wrote to the parents of Seka, the young Yugoslavian woman. Each page had only about a sentence on it in very large writing. I am impressed that he can spell, but that's about the only thing which impresses me.)

I misread one word. I read concerning as conceiving :eek: . Glad Annasmom cleared that up. These are definately some examples of GB's ego.

It almost sounds as if it is a written script for either a phone call or a face to face meeting with Seka's parents. Especially with the single sentence on each page.

Glad you liked it Doogie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member