Who would "stash" Kyron for Terri...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she wasn't prepared to "DIY" murder Kaine, I can't imagine she'd DIY a child's murder - especially one she had raised for 5 years.

[snipped]

I hate to raise these kind of gross thoughts, but it would be a lot easier to DIY a person so small and trusting, than a grown man who is bigger than her, and strong and savvy enough to fight back. Same goes for covering up the evidence in the either case. Easier when the remains are lighter and smaller, and when child disappearances are much less surprising than a man disappearing out of nowhere.

However, I would love for your sentiments and thoughts to be true--that she loves Kyron and is just misguidedly keeping him hidden.

I wish Desiree has not used the word "stashed"...it is just so NG-friendly, she loves that kind of dramatic kind of word to throw on the screen. And it makes this whole thing sound like some sort of twisted prank.

I don't think it is any kind of prank or scheme, I think Kyron has been not alive since June 4th and everything else is just a distraction since they cannot find him.

I understand a little bit about how she feels. I have been in a different kind of situation in which I was told repeatedly over the course of nearly two weeks that there was a 100% certainty that my son would die, and it could happen at any moment. I did not believe it, although there were times that I was desperately afraid. Many professionals intervened to help me accept the inevitable, but I would not, I could not. My son did not die and he has been perfectly healthy in the 16 years that have elapsed since then.

Wow, thank you so much for sharing that personal experience. I am so thankful that your son lived, in spite of what all the experts were saying, and that you never gave up hope and began grieving. Lots of love and hugs to you both!

...it makes this whole thing sound like some sort of twisted prank.

I don't think it is any kind of prank or scheme, I think Kyron has been not alive since June 4th and everything else is just a distraction since they cannot find him.

I agree with you on both counts. I think that DY has in mind that it IS some kind of prank, that it MUST be. I think that's why she said, in their first interview, that they never expected it go so long. That one really confused me at first, but I now have the idea that she may have thought from the beginning that this is the type of hoax or trick that TH would pull.

But, I agree with your second point, too. The more logical and likely scenario is that it is anything but a prank--it's deadly serious. JMO

Hope that we are both wrong!

BBM
In the divorce abatement filed by Terri's divorce attorney, Bunch stated that the reported money that Terri used as a retainer for attorney Houze was greatly exaggerated. He stated she was unemployed and not able to be employed, considering her current circumstances. I'm not sure why Kaine's attorney used this figure but apparently its not correct. See this link for the story on the abatement:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Terris-attorney-files-paperwork-to-push-back/1njw6YeGT0WGbLDT0A9S

In Kaine's court document, it said that she had told someone else, in writing, that she paid that amount. I would not be even slightly surprised if she had "exaggerated" the amount (to say the least). I would think that even Kaine must have realized it was likely one of her stories, without much substance. But it's important, legally, that they follow up, just in case. JMO

Back when Desiree said she did not think he would be gone this long or would be back by now...(over a month ago already)...what did that mean? It makes it sound as though she had knowledge in advance that something was very wrong in that home and that this (Kyron) being gone did not come as a particular surprise to her. And yet way back then, no one was accusing Terri publicly, that all came down a few days later, and they were still pretending to all be "happy families."

What the heck was going on that would make a mother think her son had been hidden away for a little while? That to me is even stranger than him being abducted by a stranger, which is very rare.

Or it is all, as I believe possible, one huge defense/coping mechanism by Desiree? That she will stick to even if it makes her sound out-of-touch?

I understand how you feel froginTtown. I want to believe Kyron is alive, but my logical side doesn't believe it. My gut feeling from the beginning is that he is dead. Until there is evidence to the contrary, I will hold out a little hope though.

Being a parent, a volunteer, or a teacher does not exempt someone from being a bad person though. Reading the "Crimes in the News" forum here makes that plain to see.

bbm OR A SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER (precious, skipping lil Sandra Cantu). :furious:

BBM This statement is exactly why I did not want to condemn Terri at first. The Jon Benet Ramsey case really shook me to my core. Can you imagine the pain of losing a child and then being suspected of being responsible? Vilified in the media? There are other cases too that I can not forget. It is very important that LE examines ALL of the evidence to make sure they do not help convict an innocent person.

I want to believe, more than anything, that Kyron is still alive. I have often wondered if someone were hiding him right there in Portland. Perhaps in a basement or hidden room of some sort. Yes, that sounds like a TV plot; BUT, it does happen.

I had a dream last night that Kyron had been found alive. I would give anything for that dream to come true.

Yes, it would make more sense to believe that Terri killed Kyron; but nothing in this case has made sense so far. When details emerged around DDS I really felt the chances of Kyron being alive were much higher. We all kept asking who would do that for Terri. Well, apparently, Terri does have at least 1 friend that is that loyal to her. It is not a far stretch to believe she has more.

It has been a horrible roller coaster of emotions for me. At times I believe he is alive, then I start to feel that he was killed, then something else will come out to give me hope that it is possible he is still alive.

DY makes me believe he is still alive. They seem so confident that he is still alive somewhere. What do they know that we do not that has led them to believe so firmly that he is still alive?

While DS may certainly be culpable, there are also many conceivable alternative reasons she could have rushed to TH's aid that day. Perhaps any assistance was given completely unwittingly, i.e., she kept the baby for awhile, b/c TH had an appointment/an emergency errand, etc. I have friends that would drop everything for similar reasons. :waitasec:

I never belive in this theory but I really leaning toward it.

Another poster mention it awhile back about underground groups.

I did some research and was shocked with somethings I read.

here snip(I am not going to link)

then in my experience with underground cases they would drop clues or hints to try and steer law enforcement and the public away from the truth

hmmm

it might be very difficult to get these groups to relay information to law enforcement, even with reward money. The intention of most family violence shelters is good, but if you interviewed most advocates in these groups, they would tell you that they had the number to those extremist protective parent or underground supporters

I agree that there exists an "underground network" for extreme cases of family violence and abuse, if the shelter is unable to meet the family needs and the only way to keep (typically the Mother) and children safe from the abuser - they may network with another DV shelter in another town or State. However, these type of efforts are rarely needed and very infrequently used, as I said only the the most extreme cases where many people's lives are in danger (not only family members but also other residents @ a shelter and their staff). I will emphatically state that the DV shelters will never take a child without a parent accompanying them- that would be a Child Protection Issue, essentially an abandoned child. The shelter employees are mandated reporters of child abuse and/or neglect and they know the possible consequences if they don't follow through.

I believe Kyron is dead. Plain and simple. i feel for the parents, but I'm a realist. I believe TH planned this and maybe something went wrong or got out of hand. But just like Gabriel Johnson I believe Kyron is somewhere buried in the woods or in a body of water.

I am reminded of the Dru Sjodin family. Dru was kidnapped from a mall parking lot after finishing her shift there (she was 22). She went missing in November and wasn't found until April. In interviews during those five months, her parents and family said they all wanted Dru "home." They never talked about her being dead, but kept using the word "home."

After her body was found, her family talked about not knowing for five months if she was alive or dead, but they knew the odds of her being found alive were not good. They just couldn't bring themselves to say "We think she's dead," especially in the small chance she still could be alive. Hundreds showed up to her funeral and Dru's family said that Dru was now "home."

I think Kyron's family is in a similar situation. They know the possibility of him being found alive is very small. I hate to write that and I have hope for a happy outcome.

[snipped]

I hate to raise these kind of gross thoughts, but it would be a lot easier to DIY a person so small and trusting, than a grown man who is bigger than her, and strong and savvy enough to fight back. Same goes for covering up the evidence in the either case. Easier when the remains are lighter and smaller, and when child disappearances are much less surprising than a man disappearing out of nowhere.

However, I would love for your sentiments and thoughts to be true--that she loves Kyron and is just misguidedly keeping him hidden.

There are many, many ways to "off" an adult that don't involve physical strength - a gun, poison, etc. And if she could manage to snatch Kyron out of school unseen and make off with him (one way or the other) without leaving a bunch of physical evidence, then she could have figured out a way to kill his father and make it look like an accident/robbery gone bad/etc that wouldn't point the finger at her. IMHO, if she couldn't bring herself to personally kill Kaine, then she didn't kill Kyron, either.

The general assumption here seems to be that Kyron was emotionally close to his biological parents. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't - after all, TH was the stay at home parent he was with the vast majority of the time. He might very easily have been closer to her than to either Desiree or his father - we only have Desiree and Kaine to tell us differently, and to be honest, neither of them is likely to be impartial at this point. If TH told Kyron that she and his father were splitting up, and he would be taken from her, he might have willingly "disappeared", especially if it was with someone that he knew.

I am reminded of the Dru Sjodin family. Dru was kidnapped from a mall parking lot after finishing her shift there (she was 22). She went missing in November and wasn't found until April. In interviews during those five months, her parents and family said they all wanted Dru "home." They never talked about her being dead, but kept using the word "home."

After her body was found, her family talked about not knowing for five months if she was alive or dead, but they knew the odds of her being found alive were not good. They just couldn't bring themselves to say "We think she's dead," especially in the small chance she still could be alive. Hundreds showed up to her funeral and Dru's family said that Dru was now "home."

I think Kyron's family is in a similar situation. They know the possibility of him being found alive is very small. I hate to write that and I have hope for a happy outcome.

I tend to agree with you. Sadly, I think Kyron has been dead since the day he went missing. I think TH planned it well and he's either buried somewhere in the nearby forests or is weighted down in water. I still think a container of some type is involved and is probably his burial vault. I don't think he's more than about 10 miles away from home and I don't think anyone else is involved. Sure hope I'm wrong about all this - I was very wrong about Eliz. Smart.

There are many, many ways to "off" an adult that don't involve physical strength - a gun, poison, etc. And if she could manage to snatch Kyron out of school unseen and make off with him (one way or the other) without leaving a bunch of physical evidence, then she could have figured out a way to kill his father and make it look like an accident/robbery gone bad/etc that wouldn't point the finger at her. IMHO, if she couldn't bring herself to personally kill Kaine, then she didn't kill Kyron, either.

The general assumption here seems to be that Kyron was emotionally close to his biological parents. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't - after all, TH was the stay at home parent he was with the vast majority of the time. He might very easily have been closer to her than to either Desiree or his father - we only have Desiree and Kaine to tell us differently, and to be honest, neither of them is likely to be impartial at this point. If TH told Kyron that she and his father were splitting up, and he would be taken from her, he might have willingly "disappeared", especially if it was with someone that he knew.

You could be right but my gut says no...From everything we've heard about TH she seems narcissistic and I just don't buy that he would prefer to stay with her over bio dad and bio mom...Especially given the apparent concern from all of them (including DY's husband, his step-father) about him and the apparent lack of it from her...All MOO... Bio parents almost always have the loyalty of the children I have found in my work with children...even when they're highly abusive (which I do NOT think for a minute was the case here)...

Terri was interviewed numerous times before getting a lawyer. She didn't have a lawyer for 3 weeks after Kyron went missing and her father said she was interviewed several times up to 6 hours at a time.

Can you point me in the direction of those interviews? She posted on Facebook, but I don't remember any interviews.

[snipped]

I can't quote any statistics but would be willing to bet that most children who are murdered are either strangled or suffocated. They are trusting and easily overpowered.

I wish Desiree would not use the word "stashed". It makes me think of some out-of-control custody fight more than a missing endangered and possibly dead child. To me, it takes away the seriousness of this situation though I am sure she does not mean it that way, it just seems like a tabloid kind of word, as in a big, messy dysfunctional family kind of thing taking a child to p-off the others.

The LE are calling this a "criminal investigation."" not a "homicide investigation." That is why I'm not willing to take the leap that Kyron is dead...

I had the same hope that Kyron was alive up until just a few days ago. There's other forums here, such as the Astrology board, that are very insightful.
Worth peeping, but if you want to hold on to your hope please refrain.

TH posted on fb at 8:01am on the 4th, then again later at 1:21p

I noticed a newspaper article that said there was a bank set up for cash donations. Isnt it entirely possible that TH has been getting 'cash' directly from people?

I know of 3 fundraisers that money was not used properly from donations. Im a home health care nurse and I see alot. 1. mom was actually empting the cans herself, then left info that only a person with a pink copy of the fundraising could empty the cans. Only pink copy? yep, mom. 2. money raised for funeral of child. only problem there? Funeral was already paid for. 3 fund raiser for liver transplant, all done and paid for. child healthy, only problem...fund raisers were still going on quietly for 'the family'. family never saw a dime.

TH posted on fb at 8:01am on the 4th, then again later at 1:21p

I noticed a newspaper article that said there was a bank set up for cash donations. Isnt it entirely possible that TH has been getting 'cash' directly from people?

(snipped by me)

Crazier things have been known to happen...People can be very generous when it comes to an adorable child missing or ill...I'm hoping someone is keeping track of this but who knows? A possiblity I would think...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97
Back