Whoa! a new 48 Hours (April 16) Check out the trailer!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is only fair, it also eliminates Mr Baez's claims of media bias against Casey Anthony. I bet it brings some very interesting questions up for people to ask afterwards. Questions like: what did Mr Baez do with the original $ from the pics and videos Casey took out of the Anthony home in her bulging backpack? who got paid for this new show and how much? why can Miss Anthonys legal team depart one by one and why are they all surfacing on tv now. Are they on tv pro-bono or is there $ involved and how much? And last but not less important, how much of the defense strategy will we get to see in all it's glory?

I will watch but I may not choose to watch their show again. We'll see, it depends on how blatent the slant is and how well the network replies to the money questions.
They can have 50 fake juries for all I care, there's only one jury that matters and the State will make sure they're shown all the evidence not just pro-defense evidence (is their any?) and the real experts will be in it for Caylee not money.

Caylee Anthony The Untold Story
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...?q=caylee+anthony+the+untold+story&FORM=VIRE1

In Full: "48 Hours" teams up with CBS News' "The Early Show" anchor Maggie Rodriguez for an exclusive interview with three members of Casey Anthony's defense team and ...
Date: 10/17/09 Video by: CBS News
(Many videos at link)

I watched again last night...one thing stuck out to me and I don't know if it's just defense spin or is in evidence...It also brings back the wild goose chase everyone was on to try and locate Caylee....

Demonizing duct tape...LKB claims there was an unid'd fingerprint, Todd Mac claims that a stranger is involved...duct tape was compromised...

CA claims now she doesn't know WHY ICA left the home...Maggie Rodriguez brings up the the alleged argument which turned physical and she still adamantly denies that happened and JG is not telling the truth..Maggie also brings up the 'resentment' ICA's friends say about their relationship. again, they are not telling the truth and ICA was CA's best friend...she asked if ICA was jealous of the relationship CA had with Caylee...CA states Caylee was OUR child...she belonged to all of us....

John Morgan...you have no idea what we discovered that was going on at that place (Hopespring home)...it was mount misuvious (sp) erupted...

At the end, Baez states, let me be perfectly clear, my client is innocent of all charges. The state arrested her without looking further...Baez put down the state but would not give any info saying it will be told in court, proper place, proper time...

I know I missed some important points, it brought back all the anger, hurt I felt for a child I never personally met....poor Caylee....May she rest in peace...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

If I were HHJP I would cancel picking a jury in another county. This "thwart" by the DT to contaminate the jury pool is of their own doing. I would not go through the expense of moving to another county. Not with this type of stuff being done by the DT.

I would like to see an accounting of who and what is being paid for this episode?

I don't see what the problem is with them airing this so close to trial. If the jury is going to be potentially influenced, all they have to do is log in here for half an hour. Or pick up a newspaper, or listen to the buzz in the coffee shop, or go the internet. There's no way you can pick just one thing (48 hours) and say THAT shouldn't be allowed to air because it might make Casey look innocent.

I don't like to underestimate the intellect of any given person, their ability to reason or draw their own conclusions. I don't like to presume that a potential juror is so easily swayed by opinion that they need their movies editorialized and their books banned and their slanted TV shows withheld from them, because they might not be able to focus with their own brain power.

I say let it air. I'll definitely watch because I love watching Cindy make a fool of herself.

I agree, and yes I will watch it. The only show I refuse to watch concerning Caylee, is JVM.

Yes, I am watching it again too. Linda Kenny Baden was like a bulldog. Why isn't she on the case anymore? I am surprised.

Because she wasn't getting paid & b/c of Baez' ego...just a guess, of course

With less than a month 'til jury selection starts, I suspect this is just the beginning of the media blitz, evidenced by the number of press passes requested for the trial.

I'm confident the SA will be able to weed out anyone who would be swayed by such "reporting".

This episode will surely negate any and all of Baez arguments against the change of venue county. And CJBP's decision to go back to Orange if they can't pick there. WTG Baez!

I agree, and yes I will watch it. The only show I refuse to watch concerning Caylee, is JVM.

I'm not going to watch it because I generally do not watch TV but I agree that if defense wants to put it out there, there should be no problem. Discovery was pretty thorough in stating the State's case and all we have gotten from defense is a lick and a promise. As long as it is factual and not full of misstatements by 48 hours because they know better. If they permit the A's to lie and don't call them out on it then it's nothing but poor reporting. And haven't we seen enough of that on JVM and NG, too.

A jury member will make up their own mind regardless what they see on TV. It is what we have not seen in public that will rivet them to their seats. If I were to have received a notice for jury duty in Florida within the past month I would not be watching the program because although it looks pro KC, in the end it may not be so because 48 hours cannot ignore some very glaring facts. jmo

This episode will surely negate any and all of Baez arguments against the change of venue county. And CJBP's decision to go back to Orange if they can't pick there. WTG Baez!

I think the Orange County comment was a fire across JB's bow by HHJP just to let them know he will not put up with any delaying, stalling or playing games. This jury has already received it's notice in the mail and I'm wondering whether they will be asked ahead of May 9th to fill out a questionnaire. I filled one out for jury duty the day I showed up but if this questionnaire goes into details, what schools did you attend, what years, etc. I'd think a person would need to look up some of the personal information in their home records. Not sure how they do things in Florida. jmo

With less than a month 'til jury selection starts, I suspect this is just the beginning of the media blitz, evidenced by the number of press passes requested for the trial.

I'm confident the SA will be able to weed out anyone who would be swayed by such "reporting".

BBM
I hope you're right. Since this is such a huge, high profile case I'm concerned about potential jurors being less than honest just to be a part of this trial. Think about the books these people will be writing!
That preview clip of everyone standing up when the foreman asks who is in favor of an acquittal gave me chills.:sick:

I think the Orange County comment was a fire across JB's bow by HHJP just to let them know he will not put up with any delaying, stalling or playing games. This jury has already received it's notice in the mail and I'm wondering whether they will be asked ahead of May 9th to fill out a questionnaire. I filled one out for jury duty the day I showed up but if this questionnaire goes into details, what schools did you attend, what years, etc. I'd think a person would need to look up some of the personal information in their home records. Not sure how they do things in Florida. jmo

I am in the next county over from Orange and had to report for jury duty last year. All I got was a notice in the mail, had to call and was told what day to report. I do remember filling out a questionnaire but it was very generic. We were all put in a room and asked questions. The Judge, counsel and client were present. At the end, we were asked to leave the courtroom. Came back after lunch and the names of those to be retained were asked to stay and the remainder of the people were dismissed. The trial began the next day. Hope that helps.

As much as I hate they are airing this, I have to say you have NG airing her "tot mom" stuff every friday now getting ready for the trial. That info can also tamper with the jury pool, so I guess it is only fair that the defense gets some pro KC airtime.

Sucks though.

You have a point. However, the difference is that NG is airing stuff without the participation of the prosecution. I have no doubt that the defense team participated in this though (I refuse to even watch the trailer). Was the Caylee 48 hours from last year rerun last night?

Thank you for letting us know about another 48 hours episode. I came to this thread because I thought it was about the previous episode because when I was flipping the channels yesterday I saw TLC was playing the rerun.

I did not watch when it first aired, and I only kept it on the station long enough to be surprised there was a "plea" to Zanny for Caylee to be returned. I did not know that and had never seen that footage before. I have believed that Cindy never made any type of plea for Caylee in the media. Not that I think this was a big plea, it was made on local news. 9:53 mark-Cindy's message to Zanny.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6sbGu3bwWc&feature=related[/ame]

Jailhouse video
CA: Listen I'm in front of the cameras all the time, what message do you want me to give to Zanny and to Cay, Caylee?
KC: That she needs to return Caylee immediately.

(Maggie: Cindy broadcast Casey's message to the supposed nanny on local television the very next day.)

CA: She forgives her and that she knows that she needs to bring her home and bring her back to us safely. Caylee mommy loves you she says to stay brave be tough we love you very much and we will get you back.
(end)

I don't know how Cindy got through that last part, where she is speaking directly to Caylee, and does not cry. :no:

I watched the trailer for this new episode, and it seems bent toward the defense, especially the very end where they say "how many would acquit" and they all stand(!) Come on...no matter what side you are on you gotta know that scene right there is ICA and Jose's great dream. They are both going to be set for life! :floorlaugh:

I have grown to understand how the defense works, I still do not like it but I do not get so mystified as to what is going on: smarm, I get it.

So, the show being biased or seeming to be biased with the way they create their emotional trailers does not surprise me except for how far they took it. Really, everyone is going to stand up? That's a bit of "overkill" if you ask me, it made me think the producers of the show really want those interviews after the trial: MONEY.* Symptoms of their greedy gut ways. I have said in other posts that I can't possibly know that jurors will think like I...but I sure feel confident to say "you can fool some of the people some of the time..."

Which, from my understanding all Jose needs is one juror to feel this way. IMHO, this is out of mortal hands as it was from the moment Caylee was killed.

*See Jose, how we were on your side before the trial, can we have an interview? Cindy, see how we were on Casey's side? See how we got a mock jury(how did that process go down? bet they don't show that...)to stand up and say that Casey is super duper innocent? See...see...see?

Did I mention I will not be watching this "new" show from 48 hours? Did I mention I do not watch the morning news or any news anymore? I do not. I read Websleuths and many, many many different sources on the internet where I gather information. FYI. :takeabow:

ETA: I noticed this thread is called "Whoa! a new..." and I came here because I thought it was for the previous one...some sleuther I am. :lol:

:twocents:

BBM
I hope you're right. Since this is such a huge, high profile case I'm concerned about potential jurors being less than honest just to be a part of this trial. Think about the books these people will be writing!
That preview clip of everyone standing up when the foreman asks who is in favor of an acquittal gave me chills.:sick:

Sort of a Grand Jury in reverse.

My first reaction was my blood boiled.

But LDB is a great example, and after about 20 seconds I thought "nah, it's not gonna matter, don't be distracted by the side show JB puts on", just stay the course and the evidence will convict her.

I don't know if I will watch....I guess I will attempt to.

moo

If (When) the DT argues agains that like the judge told them the could I hope the SA shows clips of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc