Whoa! a new 48 Hours (April 16) Check out the trailer!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone and his brother is going to be talking about this case now and 48 Hours is no exception. This is an intentional show to start people watching about her. And they are taking the opposite stance because that will BOOST ratings. Jane Velez Mitchell screams her way into homes about this case and ALWAYS has the Jamie Weintraubs on it. If you notice Baden is no longer associated with the case and Mancuso (sp) is off the case; the lawyer who said she should plead insanity is off the case; Dr. Henry Lee is off the case.

Also, if you watched Dr. Vass being examined by Baez, Baez said something to the effect just being associated with this case will get your name out there Dr. Vass.

Yes Jose, it will. Isn't that why you are here.

She is going to be convicted. The evidence is over-whelming.

And Yes the prosecution will also see the 48 hours report. This is not the first time I have seen 48 hours misrepresent things; they did it with JonBenet, imo.

I expected shows like this.

They did this in the Scott Peterson case also.

The verdict? A hung jury, resulting in a mistrial.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/29/48hours/main652399.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

I am outraged that 48 Hours will air this show just before trial! IMO. there should be no program aired that would slant a prospective juror in any direction whatsoever.

As someone posted earlier: What if a prospective juror is less than honest just to become a part of this televised trial? What if someone just wants their 15 minutes of fame afterwards when jurors are interviewed? We have seen the shows where jurors in cases have participated in 'after the verdict' interviews. Or at least I know I have. I have seen those who stated they had to go with a 'not guilty' vote even tough they felt the person was actually guilty.

I will watch this upcoming show because I want to see just what kind of propaganda (sp?) is put out there just before trial! Someone please reassure me that there will be a guilty verdict because I just have a sinking feeling about this program actually influencing a prospective juror!

What will be important is what the jurors see at trial. It is the only thing that will be important. When the jury see the actual photos and can see the evidence it will be very effective in them understanding what possibly happened. There is no missing body, remains were found. The child did not just walk off, get lost and die. The presentation of how the duct tape was place with probably knock their socks off. 48 Hours is not going to do that IMO. jmo

I wonder if this 48 Hours had anything to do with HHBP's statement that if they couldn't seat a jury in the chosen location, they'd be coming back to Orange County. He seemed to have a twinkle in his eye when he said he'd hear arguements about not having jury selection in OC. Perhaps he's doubtful such arguements would be successful after the DT and statewitness appear on national TV.

jmo

I won't be watching it. Hyperbole and exaggerated propaganda from the defense to taint the prospective jury pool to me. Besides that, I've had enough of Baez this week. I need a break for awhile. :banghead:

Something tells me, just a hunch, that HHJP got wind of this. If you replay what he said about coming back to Orlando if they can't seat a jury, and to be prepared to argue against it, it just makes me wonder. The OS article says JB and CM were interviewed. I am thinking he and the State know the dt has no case for media bias now that they have done this. The thought of HHJP contemplating getting a jury in Orlando was very surprising since he had decided on a change of venue. If he knew about this....it makes sense. IMO

I wonder how much it bugs KC that she was fairly recently scrounging around for $$ to pay her cell bill and now everyone is making thousands upon thousands "on her". Oh yeah. I am certain it sticks in her craw!

CA began thinking nothing of wearing a t-shirt and shorts on the stand and now she has an entire new wardrobe (using her Caylee money for sure!) And what about Jose's new gizmos, blackberrys and ipads...I am sure KC realizes that "she" paid for that!

Oh the irony, that all these television deals, books and movies are because of her and she has a teensey allowance for her jerky treats.

I only wish that the Son of Sam law could extend to lawyers and smarmy family members. This 48 hrs thing is the tip of the iceberg!

Affinity, I have to disagree. The Anthonys are not making a lot of money on this case. If anything, it has destroyed their life. They got $20,000 for 48 hours and that is it. Baez sold the pictures for 200,000. Nothing to do with Cindy or George.

She is buying a new wardrobe, which is not expensive if you look at the clothes, because she has gained about 50 pounds.

I don't like the lies they have told either, but as far as money and books, etc. it is just not true. They have virtually lost their lives.

I knew someone would start a thread. Thanks. Whoa, just caught it at end of tonight's show. It sounds slanted already. Hope not.

It LOOKS slanted. Like everyone of those people weren't told to stand up for the camera. :great: Probably out of work actors.

I won't be watching. Saturday is Hockey Night in Canada and my Habs are in the playoffs. That and love for a tortured and murdered baby girl prohibit me from contributing to the ratings of a show designed to have CBS profit from her death. Shame on CBS.

We all know more about this case than they do anyway so what's the point?

Affinity, I have to disagree. The Anthonys are not making a lot of money on this case. If anything, it has destroyed their life. They got $20,000 for 48 hours and that is it. Baez sold the pictures for 200,000. Nothing to do with Cindy or George.

She is buying a new wardrobe, which is not expensive if you look at the clothes, because she has gained about 50 pounds.

I don't like the lies they have told either, but as far as money and books, etc. it is just not true. They have virtually lost their lives.
True about the wardrobe, look what clothes Cindy provides for Casey to wear to court- not pricey suits, she looks like she is still shopping at Target for Casey's clothes, unless those are clothes out of Casey's closet.

Follow the money trail...as usual, I'd like to know, if any of the DT, or associates received compensation from this show.

If the 48 Hours Dateline program shows in my area I will definitely watch it.

BUT - two things immediately come to mind. Maybe some aspects of this case are making me cynical. One is the media provocation - what better thing could a show imply besides pro-defense to whip up an instant audience?

And the other thing is - when was this filmed and put together? Surely not after all the denied motions and the testimonies about to be granted to accept ALL of the Frye stuff in.

So to say pro-defense is......... :waitasec: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:!

There is such overwhelming evidence in the case - it isn't possible to be worried. I can only thing this was produced a couple of months ago and absolutely cherry picked to get big (angry) numbers watching.

I'll watch and jeer and :ignore::ignore::ignore: and maybe some :silly: 'cause this will be so ridiculous!

:waitasec:

I hope "Febreze" and/or "Procter & Gamble" DO NOT RUN ADS during this show !

Follow the money trail...as usual, I'd like to know, if any of the DT, or associates received compensation from this show.

The SAO or HHJP should find out what the defense or the Anthony's got in the way of compensation for their 'cooperation'. Somebody got paid for the 'inside scoop'.

The SAO or HHJP should find out what the defense or the Anthony's got in the way of compensation for their 'cooperation'. Somebody got paid for the 'inside scoop'.

Cindy said they did two 48 hours (this must be the second, I am only assuming) and they got $10,000 for each one. The first in late 2010 and they received 10,000 and gave their attorney, I believe, $4,000 - they also have to pay taxes on it. So they did not make a lot of money and they are not working either.

KC's clothes cannot get any cheaper. If the shirts are more than 10$ I will be shocked.

Troy Roberts "goes inside" the defense of Casey Anthony.

The trailer (under "Coming Up") is "Pro-Casey"!!... Mark your calendars and lets guess what they'll say.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/48hours/main3410.shtml

(My guess): Cheney Mason will tell us (in a drawwl) that nothing puts KC at the scene.

Won't watch it ,but I hope they include the clip of CM saying ICA is clearly guilty before he joined the team.

Let us not forget way back when this first began. The Anthony's had donation jars everywhere and people were mailing cash straight to their house and to Lee's Paypal account. No one will ever know the amount of money they received from naive, caring people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg