Whoa! a new 48 Hours (April 16) Check out the trailer!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is only fair, it also eliminates Mr Baez's claims of media bias against Casey Anthony. I bet it brings some very interesting questions up for people to ask afterwards. Questions like: what did Mr Baez do with the original $ from the pics and videos Casey took out of the Anthony home in her bulging backpack? who got paid for this new show and how much? why can Miss Anthonys legal team depart one by one and why are they all surfacing on tv now. Are they on tv pro-bono or is there $ involved and how much? And last but not less important, how much of the defense strategy will we get to see in all it's glory?

I will watch but I may not choose to watch their show again. We'll see, it depends on how blatent the slant is and how well the network replies to the money questions.
They can have 50 fake juries for all I care, there's only one jury that matters and the State will make sure they're shown all the evidence not just pro-defense evidence (is their any?) and the real experts will be in it for Caylee not money.
It's the money angle that truly bothers me...and I highly doubt anyone will ask CBS the tough questions...nor do I see them responding with the truth.

Yes, that's true, but look who she put on most recently- Dr. Lee. Thank goodness he made no sense...can't imagine what folks who weren't familiar with the case thought of his performance. Why the man would risk what little he has left of his reputation on spewing such nonsense is beyond me.

For the life of me, I will never understand why Dr. Henry Lee is so well thought of. He still can't speak English even though he has been here for the last century or so. He says the obvious at every turn. No great loss. And he is beyoooooooond boring to watch and has that perennial smile on his face.

Another thing; not only did HHJP suddenly announce the possibility of having an Orlando jury, he made a point to say he was available for an emergency motions with 8 hours notice if "anything came up". Hmmmmm. I really really think he had wind of this.

Nauseating. I hope anyone who has seen this filth will be allowed on the jury. I loved the blatant outright lies about the duct tape and the body in the trunk. Amazing.

Won't watch it ,but I hope they include the clip of CM saying ICA is clearly guilty before he joined the team.

Here it is:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18268796/detail.html

Experts Discuss Discovery Of Remains

Pipitone also discussed the finding with a former prosecutor and a defense attorney, and the impact the discovery could have on the Casey Anthony case.

"What does it do to the state's case now that there' s a body?" Pipitone asked former prosecutor Elizabeth Rahter.

"Oh, it hugely bolsters the case. A jury is always a little reluctant to convict because they don't want to convict an innocent person. Absolutely you would not want to do that. So now, there's going to be no doubt that she's dead," Rahter said.

Defense attorney Cheney Mason said claims made by Casey Anthony and Baez that Caylee was alive will now work against them at trial.

"Then all the talking, all the press interviews and the parents going on this show and that show and the lawyer going on different shows establishes they have no credibility whatsoever," Mason said.

The testing of the remains could be the key to the case.

"The most important thing is how did she die?" Mason said. "It could have been an accidental death -- and we've talked before -- an improper disposal, it could have been a brutal homicide. We don't know, and until the medical examiner is finished and renders a report, no one is going to know."

Rahter said an accidental death would be hard to believe.

"What would a reasonable person do in the case of an accident? Call 911 or call your parents or call a close friend. Do you go borrow a shovel from a neighbor, probably not?" Rahter said.

Mason said an insanity defense would be even more difficult to prove, Rahter said.

"It's really difficult to be not criminally responsible. You have to prove they know right from wrong and they understand the consequences of their actions. Obviously, Casey understood the consequences of her actions because she worked really hard to cover it up," Rahter said.

If the case plays out how many think, the experts agree on what will likely happen.

"You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life," Mason said.

"Yeah," Rahter said.

Good look! I know it's fairly normal practice for a DT (with money) to put on these mock trials, but how many get the opportunity to have it aired BEFORE the actual trial begins?

The thing is, how accurate can a mock trial put on for the defense be? They don't have LDB and JA stating their case. They don't know what they are going to say.

You have a point. However, the difference is that NG is airing stuff without the participation of the prosecution. I have no doubt that the defense team participated in this though (I refuse to even watch the trailer). Was the Caylee 48 hours from last year rerun last night?
Some reported seeing it on the West Coast.

If the 48 Hours Dateline program shows in my area I will definitely watch it.

BUT - two things immediately come to mind. Maybe some aspects of this case are making me cynical. One is the media provocation - what better thing could a show imply besides pro-defense to whip up an instant audience?

And the other thing is - when was this filmed and put together? Surely not after all the denied motions and the testimonies about to be granted to accept ALL of the Frye stuff in.

So to say pro-defense is......... :waitasec: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:!

There is such overwhelming evidence in the case - it isn't possible to be worried. I can only thing this was produced a couple of months ago and absolutely cherry picked to get big (angry) numbers watching.

I'll watch and jeer and :ignore::ignore::ignore: and maybe some :silly: 'cause this will be so ridiculous!
I don't know when it was filmed but I was in court when I heard the oriental woman (producer for InSessions) who sits behind CA tell CA that they would be by for filming and that the scheduling would be done through their attorney - CA's atty. This was two weeks ago, I believe.

I think this is only fair, it also eliminates Mr Baez's claims of media bias against Casey Anthony. I bet it brings some very interesting questions up for people to ask afterwards. Questions like: what did Mr Baez do with the original $ from the pics and videos Casey took out of the Anthony home in her bulging backpack? who got paid for this new show and how much? why can Miss Anthonys legal team depart one by one and why are they all surfacing on tv now. Are they on tv pro-bono or is there $ involved and how much? And last but not less important, how much of the defense strategy will we get to see in all it's glory?

I will watch but I may not choose to watch their show again. We'll see, it depends on how blatent the slant is and how well the network replies to the money questions.
They can have 50 fake juries for all I care, there's only one jury that matters and the State will make sure they're shown all the evidence not just pro-defense evidence (is their any?) and the real experts will be in it for Caylee not money.

Ya think that's why Baez stopped CA in her depo when asked what ICA was doing in the garage? She was pulling pictures of Caylee to be sold for her attorney?

I Sent a email to CBS telling them if they are going to show anything like this show the truth, not one side for the DT also told them they should be ashamed for paying monies to the Anthony's or Baez..Cbs probably won't read it, but it made me feel good to express my disgust.

I don't know when it was filmed but I was in court when I heard the oriental woman (producer for InSessions) who sits behind CA tell CA that they would be by for filming and that the scheduling would be done through their attorney - CA's atty. This was two weeks ago, I believe.

Are IS and 48H affiliated in any way? If not, I would not be surprised if 48H is just clips and soundbites from 3 years ago up to today. jmo

You have a point. However, the difference is that NG is airing stuff without the participation of the prosecution. I have no doubt that the defense team participated in this though (I refuse to even watch the trailer). Was the Caylee 48 hours from last year rerun last night?

Yes, I am in the CTZ and I saw it while flipping channels, did not watch since once was enough for me.

Yes, I remember her Amil - she has been sitting directly behind CA most of the time with her headphones on and was there at the last hearing also. Always wondered who she is.

I wonder how much it bugs KC that she was fairly recently scrounging around for $$ to pay her cell bill and now everyone is making thousands upon thousands "on her". Oh yeah. I am certain it sticks in her craw!

CA began thinking nothing of wearing a t-shirt and shorts on the stand and now she has an entire new wardrobe (using her Caylee money for sure!) And what about Jose's new gizmos, blackberrys and ipads...I am sure KC realizes that "she" paid for that!

Oh the irony, that all these television deals, books and movies are because of her and she has a teensey allowance for her jerky treats.

I only wish that the Son of Sam law could extend to lawyers and smarmy family members. This 48 hrs thing is the tip of the iceberg!
I was thinking about this lately...probably when I came to the realization that Baez has convinced Casey she'll walk...what if Baez has blinded Casey with the prospect of unimaginable wealth when she's acquitted? I can so see Casey keeping her eye on the prize. Might be a good explanation as to why she appears so "carefree" and aloof. I'm not saying any of this is true, just that I can see JB using fame and fortune to keep Casey quiet.

Yes, I remember her Amil - she has been sitting directly behind CA most of the time with her headphones on and was there at the last hearing also. Always wondered who she is.

That is interesting. So I guess this is part 2. This should make Cindy very happy and go deeper into her belief (however suspect) that Caylee is still alive.

Let us not forget way back when this first began. The Anthony's had donation jars everywhere and people were mailing cash straight to their house and to Lee's Paypal account. No one will ever know the amount of money they received from naive, caring people.

ITA and who could ever forget the Caylee Marie Foundation. I believe it's still up and running. If people send cash and don't ask for a receipt, the public has to rely GA/CA's honesty to report those donations.

I remember the envelopes the trash lady pulled from just one trash bag. I have no doubt some of them contained cash.

You're exactly right, we'll never know how much money they received or continue to receive. RC may not be the only woman who fell prey to the poor little George act during the time he was supposedly looking for Caylee. It's really sad when people take advantage of the kindness of others.

ICA wrote in one of her letters to Robyn that Cindy tried to patent Caylee and Casey's name. Hmmmm, if true, what reason would one have to do that aside from making money?

IMO

I was thinking about this lately...probably when I came to the realization that Baez has convinced Casey she'll walk...what if Baez has blinded Casey with the prospect of unimaginable wealth when she's acquitted? I can so see Casey keeping her eye on the prize. Might be a good explanation as to why she appears so "carefree" and aloof. I'm not saying any of this is true, just that I can see JB using fame and fortune to keep Casey quiet.

I think she is carefree most of the time because she is a sociopath even though I have heard she is not diagnosed as such. They don't think like you are I.

Why would Scott Peterson think he could go to a vigil and call his girlfriend and tell he he is in Paris and not get caught. The whole story was being broadcasted all over the United States. It was huge.

KC seems to be able to sit through all the air, stain and other testimony. But I notice that she goes out of her way to pretend to be looking at exhibits etc. Especially the day she came in to court and complained about her clothes to Baez who went and talked to Cindy about it. They zoomed in on KC and she was at a loss of how to react so she immediately zoomed in on the papers and started to read.

She probably doesn't understand half of what they are talking about only because she is not interested. She is going to get a "thrill" when the trial starts because of her notariety. But that will not last long. Just as she was thrilled to be home when she was out on bail. Remember, the two Padilla people Tracey and I forget the man's name, said it was like she just got home from Iraq and talked about music and salmon patties and how much she was eating and was not paying for it and do you like this record - I do - let's play it fifty times, who cares about my mother and yeah Caylee is cute, but look at me.

Anyone heard from Scott Peterson lately. I haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie