Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If all the speculations of his involvment is not proof enough I dont know what is!!

WHAT! Do you mean because people are coming up with theories that involve the MR as some kind of criminal that these theories are correct?

I think he's from The White Lodge, not The Black.

But mid-July, the very first night I saw this case on NG, it was just breaking, and I was certain that this woman could not have killed her child, and maybe the cops were trying to frame her.

But by the next night everything changed. Flipped entirely.

ALWAYS A LITTLE TIME FOR AESTHETIC APPRECIATION - Maude, from Harold and Maude

Since that 2nd night I've believed the tot mom is responsible for everything and that hasn't wavered.

I still entertain the possibility that the Defense could argue a UFO abduction, though.

This gray bag could just be a random bag that was in the area, from some of the pictures I have seen there is garbage scattered around in there. I dont think the gray bag they are talking about has any connection at all. I think this area was always very likley to be where she was and so its not surprising to me that this is where she was found and given the area its not surprising it was looked at and search and she was not found at that time.

This is what I think. How many times have we heard that Caylee was found in black garbage bags.

It's a common ploy- for the perp to be the one who discovers the crime. Not that this makes him guilty.

JoAnn_W
hope he is related to someone named Zanny who has a sister named Samantha.......

ok ...so he saw the bag on the 11th and reported it. nothing was investigated. why did he call again on the 12th? did he drive back by and see that the bag was still there. It's my understanding that an officer came out after the 2nd tip but found nothing. Then he calls and reports a smell on the 13th? No bag! What brought him back to the same location? He wouldn't be in the same area reading meters 3 days in a row right?

1. a guilty conscience?
2. ego, didn't want to be left out of the big story?
just thoughts, and speculation moo

Respectively disagree. No ego here. No guilty conscience save that it took so long for anyone to follow up what he called in back in August.

He is an innocent "player" of this sad puzzle. No more, no less. IMVHO

People give Casey so much credit for clandestine activities. But all of her actions speak otherwise. She stayed within miles of her home after killing her kid !

Look, either this 22 year old girl is the most gifted criminal ever, or there is a major conspiracy to frame this girl, why, what could be the purpose of this ? Why would so many risk a lot just to send her to jail ?

It's illogical.

She killed her kid 'cuz she didn't want her anymore, resented her mother, and wanted to be free.
Sure she planned it out (as well as a 22-yo can do) but executed it horribly. Had no plan to leave the area, no real money etc.
She left a trail of evidence right to her.

or someone/some group is setting this all up just to send an unemployed, high-school dropout, free-loading, loose, etc girl to prison for life ?

why ?

The answer to all three questions is: I can imagine finding the skull of a toddler in a trash bag would be quite traumatizing.

I agree. However, he was looking for that skull for 4 months. It's not like he was a little old lady driving her car to Church on Sunday and somehow spotted a baby's skull. This was a man looking for the body for 4 months and opening a bag in the woods thinking he might find the remains.

JoAnn_W

Gale St John was at that exact spot in August or Sept. She, her daughter and a guy named Travis. G and T had strong vibes about the spot. Her daughter got out of the car with one of the dogs and started to go into the woods, but couldn't go very deep because she said there was water "down there". However, both Gale and Travis were certain that there was "something" there and they even commented upon the fact that LE had claimed to have searched the area. They said that if that was so, the searchers missed something significant...they felt that caylee was there. The last they said was that they planned to return. I think when they did, it had been fenced in and they couldn't gain access.

There is actually a video of them made that very day, driving from the Anthonys house through the neighborhood and documenting the turns they took to the spot. They voiced astonishment that it was so close to the house. They even videoed the street signs. I think I posted this before, but I forget the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissOtk View Post
The answer to all three questions is: I can imagine finding the skull of a toddler in a trash bag would be quite traumatizing.

I agree. However, he was looking for that skull for 4 months. It's not like he was a little old lady driving her car to Church on Sunday and somehow spotted a baby's skull. This was a man looking for the body for 4 months and opening a bag in the woods thinking he might find the remains.

JoAnn_W

I think both can be true. They are for me.

Hearing NG explain that the meter reader was temporarily reassigned...maybe that's why he waited until Dec to look again

There are seriously 2 people that think the Meter Reader killed Caylee??? Seriously people? So, this guy we've never heard of before, kills Caylee, and then trys to lead LE to the spot where her body is 3 times and then successfully does so. Uh huh.

This case is just craziness x 10 but I think your scenario makes alot of sense.

Thank you for this logic. I am way too emotional about this situation. This makes enough sense for me to agree that it doesn't help the defense or hurt the prosecution.:clap:

Watching NG. Cadaver dogs were there ("there" not defined) on the 11th and found nothing.

On the 13th, a deputy was in the woods looking...his female deputy partner shows up and he waves her off, saying "I got this."

Still not clear as to where the Meter Reader was on the 13th.

So now we just need to know who that deputy was.

JoAnn_W

JoAnn_W

He was not looking for a skull for 4 months. Geesh, he made several phones calls to LE. If he really was looking for a body, I think he would have been more aggressive in his sleuthing ways. He is just a meter reader. I do not think he ever had any motives whatsoever.

IMVHO

1. a guilty conscience?
2. ego, didn't want to be left out of the big story?
just thoughts, and speculation moo

There is a better explaination of what went down being discussed on NG right now. Makes alot of sense to me.

Meter reader called in August and the bag was missed, he was not at the location to be interviewed so LE did a looksee and did not see anything. Meter reader was re-assigned to a different area till recently and went back out of curiosity when he was dispatched back to the area and saw his find was still there.
He made the initial discovery before the area was covered in water when the hurricane hit.

This story gets weirder by the day.
I was just thinking when I heard this latest news, that if this were a movie I was watching, I'd think it was too far-fetched to ever be real. I can't believe all the twists and turns in this case!!

Found the first tip releated to Suburban Drive discovery ... its on Tip #9 document at this link below The tip # is Caylee - 2785

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2008/9/24/files_released_in_casey_anthony_case.html

on 8-18 Detective Cain found a decaying plastic bag with clothing and stuffed animals at the dead end of Suburban drive. The clothing had roots growing on them. Detective Cain was asked what he did with the plastic bag/clothes/stuffed animals and in an email his response was "I left them there".

I posted this on another thread as well.

1. I don't believe this helps the defense or hurts the prosecution. It does not change the fact that there was a crime, nor does it change the nature of the crime. At best JB could attempt to tie the meter reader to the crime in some way, but I think any attempt will be discredited rather quickly.

2. The prosecution would have been helped if the body had been found in August.

3. Looking at the crime scene photos, if the meter reader was not there with LE to point out the specific location of the bag he allegedly saw, then I can understand how the responding officer did not see it. Unless he pointed to the bag in the presence of LE and it was ignored, I doubt the responding officer could be faulted.

4. Any odor of decomposition the meter reader smelled would have to have been due to another animal. After nine weeks there would not have been an odor noticeable to humans. I say from experience, living next to various forests for about 30 years and smelling decomposing animals, large and small. In wet weather a deer stops smelling after about 3 weeks, smaller animals sooner.

5. The meter reader is probably in that neighborhood on the 11th of every month. August 11 he spots the bag, calls in the tip, hears nothing, calls in again on the 12th and 13th and hears nothing. Wonders if maybe there really was nothing to the tip.

Returns September 11, October 11, and November 11 but cannot see the bag...probably under water. Wonders what we have all wondered...did they find a body and are keeping it secret, or maybe it was not a body, or maybe it is under water.

Returns December 11 and sees the bag. This time decides to investigate.

I meant to quote this reply. Thank you for this logic. Your thoughts are so well sorted and I am so emotional about this (I get worried when something may help the defense):clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove