Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking and looking in all the media reports since Caylee's body was found. Not one Media source has said the meter reader's last name was G. They have not mentioned his name at all. Since the media have no problem reporting people's names involved with this case, I am going to say that the meter reader's name was not been released and the reports that his last name is G are just rumors. This 'rumor' has really taken off and I think any discussion of his name should be stated as 'rumor'. The Media would be all over this if it were true, especially with the news that came out this afternoon.

I was thinking the same thing. I have not even seen mention of his first or even middle name either. All of a sudden we have him ID'd? Where is that comming from?

When I first heard that the meter reader called in a bag on the side of the road on Aug 11 and that an officer did a "cursory" search of the roadside and found nothing, my first thought was that the Anthonys had access to a scanner and heard the call go out to investigate a bag in that location. They would have known that it was a favorite spot of Casey. Did they send Lee around the corner to grab the bag and toss it further into the woods before the cop got there? Is that why he was reluctant to give fingerprints or do a lie detector?

1. a guilty conscience?
2. ego, didn't want to be left out of the big story?
just thoughts, and speculation moo
Years ago in northern NJ, a young artist named Kristen Huggins was carjacked and disappeared.Of course, no one really knew what had happened to her because they couldn't find her. Until, a concerned witness, led LE to her grave, because there was a reward posted. Turned out that the CW was the murderer's accomplice, who had watched the killer rape, sodomize, kill and bury Kristen.

I cast no aspersion on the MR....just throwing this out there for speculation as to "why" people do stuff. Stupid people do stupid things.

I was thinking the same thing. I have not even seen mention of his first or even middle name either. All of a sudden we have him ID'd? Where is that comming from?

Several people heard his name reported by the media shortly after he made the find. German G*******.

I respectfully disagree. He had no meter reading business in the woods. On the 11th, maybe not looking- maybe just hanging in the woods with the teens in the "zone." But his future intent had to be looking for the body he thought he originally found. I mean, why else would he be there on December 11th- just hanging in the woods again?

JoAnn_W

In your opinion, his intent was to be looking for a body. I do not agree and I do not believe it was any where near "his future intent" was to find a body. He is not, in anyway, shape, or form, a person that was out there as if he had a mission. He is a meter reader. He made phone calls. He did not let it go. I give him a huge high five for not letting it go. He helped, not hindered, this case. IMVHO

Be well.

I think LE will straighten this mess out in short order and it won't hurt the prosecution. I feel for the meter reader. It sure makes a person wonder why anyone would call in a tip if this is the way they are going to be treated.

I agree with you. If you feel that strongly about something you'd be sure to keep all dates with LE.

Agree. Now go clean out your full PM box. You're just too darn popular for your own good. :blowkiss:

If he works for the county, and the county is getting him legal aid, that's just part of his benefits from his employer. I have seen nowhere it reported as the osco getting him a lawyer. I have worked for several companies that offer legal aid as a perk.

I sure hope this meter reader does not have any relatives or friends named zenaida.

hope he is related to someone named Zanny who has a sister named Samantha.......

You hope he is related to someone named Zanny who has a sister named Samantha? So, you must be one of the 2.

O/T: Does anyone remember that Cyndi Lauper song True Colors?

Just a thought on the garbage bags being black/gray...

What one person would call dark gray another could call light black....It could be the same bag. Even in August, the bag was probably sitting there for two months in the sun. The sun may have faded the top of the bag to look more gray.

However, when OSCO actually finds the bag, and examines it, including the portion not exposed to sunlight, they would notice that the bag was actually black.

Just throwing it out there...

Re: the clothes and stuffed animals found at end of Suburban on 8/18...this could be the "second bag" if there is one. And these could be Caylees!! I would think if an officer had found even something like that discarded in the woods so close to the home of a missing child, it would be looked at right? Not just left there??? Please, tell me I'm right! OSCO's done a great job so far, this is a huge case with tons of people and manhours invested, and of course there will be human error, but I am seriously suprised that given the circumstances you don't investigate that bag more...
KC ..."..they haven't even found her clothes yet..."

thought: on the meter reader; I think that he had dispatch call in this last december 11th tip because his other tips he personally called in did not get results.

Disclaimer: I do NOT think that he found bones or anything else in August....rather what fox reported....that there was a "smell" and "something wasn't right".. That being said, whomever responded to the scene, given the fact that LE has leaked that the remains had been placed there close to death, should...for sure...be under internal scrutiny. Until we know exactly the what, who, how, and why, tho... I feel that this is truly, as another poster put it, the "tempest in the teapot" and just a little blip on the radar screen of what HAS been found, what HAS been discovered, AND what remains to be found to link the murderess Casey to the remains of her daughter.

Several people heard his name reported by the media shortly after he made the find. German G*******.

Nothing has been reported on any documented news site of any name until something is out there officially it is just rumor. Even if that is his name I still say big deal. Until the police make him a suspect and POI he is meerly an innocent bystander helping out.

People give Casey so much credit for clandestine activities. But all of her actions speak otherwise. She stayed within miles of her home after killing her kid !

Look, either this 22 year old girl is the most gifted criminal ever, or there is a major conspiracy to frame this girl, why, what could be the purpose of this ? Why would so many risk a lot just to send her to jail ?

It's illogical.

She killed her kid 'cuz she didn't want her anymore, resented her mother, and wanted to be free.
Sure she planned it out (as well as a 22-yo can do) but executed it horribly. Had no plan to leave the area, no real money etc.
She left a trail of evidence right to her.

or someone/some group is setting this all up just to send an unemployed, high-school dropout, free-loading, loose, etc girl to prison for life ?

why ?

I agree 100% and I think her signature is and will be all over this crime scene.

My bolded part...she is not that signifigant...no one would do that.

Totally giving the guy the benefit of the doubt here is my guess:

He is following the case, his route takes him through this area, he smells something in mid August, just has the feeling, calls in his tip, LE does come, there is a dead animal (probably a pair of squirrels based on how this is all going), they move on, the water sets in and doesn't recede until a couple of weeks ago, his route brings him back to this area and on company time he goes searching, finds this bag (not one seen in August) moves it, actually finds the body, and now has to explain what he is doing in the middle of the woods during work hours, doesn't want his boss to know he is conducting searches on the counties dime, and comes up with the peeing in the woods story.

I completely agree. Personally I think he is a concerned sleuther like the rest of us, and this is a lot less suspicious than many believe.

I also think, though all of us - especially those who were physically searching - would have liked to find the body / give closure etc., it would have been completely traumatizing to any one of us to actually find the body. (hence the MR's apparent reluctance to be in spotlight).

Also wanted to note that the supervisor who called 911 was very quick to identify this as the "Caylee Anthony" area. I believe this was done to be absolutely certain LE put two and two together this time, considering MR's past frustrations.

just to reiterate... if this meter reader has the last name same as the nanny... defense would just be digging to try and bring that to the fore! Gonzales in Florida is like Smith or Miller in Ohio!

Bolded mine.... Wasn't there a psychic that said Caylee would be found where the German Shepherd pees?
:eek: If that's true, that freaks me out!
When this guy called the first couple of times, did he say he found a suspisious bag, or did he say he thought she may be there? This scernario, either way, is off, somethings going on.
Anyway, something is up with this meter reader, I have a feeling we haven't heard the last about him. :waitasec:

*snipped*

Re: the clothes and stuffed animals found at end of Suburban on 8/18...this could be the "second bag" if there is one. And these could be Caylees!! I would think if an officer had found even something like that discarded in the woods so close to the home of a missing child, it would be looked at right? Not just left there??? Please, tell me I'm right! OSCO's done a great job so far, this is a huge case with tons of people and manhours invested, and of course there will be human error, but I am seriously suprised that given the circumstances you don't investigate that bag more...

If that 1st bag found at the site was left, might it not still have been there? Maybe there were clothes, etc, stuff of Caylee's that KC had in the car, or that had gotten some evidence on them from the crime scene and she needed to dispose of along with the body, and if they were recognized by one of the detectives on the scene, maybe that's one of the reasons they made a beeline to the A's home?

just to reiterate... if this meter reader has the last name same as the nanny... defense would just be digging to try and bring that to the fore! Gonzales in Florida is like Smith or Miller in Ohio!

Plus, it's hard to be in any way related to an imaginary person, even if you have the same name.

Could it be as simple as the MR (possibly Hispanic) said "Off" the side of the road, which was interpreted as "On" the side of the road. If he wasn't there the first time, the deputy clears the call, because he doesn't see the bag on the side of the road. 2nd call is oh, we've already cleared that. Third call, I guess we'll find out!

My hinky meter went off when we first heard of the MR discovery, as I think several others have said, because it seemed SO coincidental that his last name was Gonzalez and he discovers the remains.

But as strange as this case is, I guess nothing should seem out of the realm of possibility.

Sure hope LE clears this up sooner, rather than later, as these kinds of stories take on a life of their own -- i.e., the MR who is related to Zenaida is complicit, KC is innocent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member