• Stall tactic?

Votes: 249 46.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 174 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, JB will come sauntering into court this morning as usual. I wonder if he will even bother to address the court and apologize for the delay of yesterday afternoon?

Anyway, I do feel that Baez thought they would all be back in Orange County for his other case this afternoon. I think he left and took care of notifying that judge that he was still in jury selection in Pinellas County and would not be able to make it. Once that was cleared, he was seen SMILING on the parking lot of his hotel there in Clearwater.

Baez is well aware of the firestorm he created with all of this and has really enjoyed it. Watch out for Karma, Baez!

Even though I think it is what I stated above, I am still going to keep an eye out for a motion filed in a higher court this morning or at some point during the day.

I am so sick of the delays. Lets get this thing done!!!

ETA: I voted 'none of the above' in the poll.

MOO..Don't think KC will ever take a plea as she thinks everyone will believe her just as her parents have. If CA and GA have gotten wind of them both being thrown under the bus, maybe they are having second thoughts about testifying for the defense..hence new attorney? Oh, well what do i know? LOL

IMO, JB will come sauntering into court this morning as usual. I wonder if he will even bother to address the court and apologize for the delay of yesterday afternoon?

Anyway, I do feel that Baez thought they would all be back in Orange County for his other case this afternoon. I think he left and took care of notifying that judge that he was still in jury selection in Pinellas County and would not be able to make it. Once that was cleared, he was seen SMILING on the parking lot of his hotel there in Clearwater.

Baez is well aware of the firestorm he created with all of this and has really enjoyed it. Watch out for Karma, Baez!

Even though I think it is what I stated above, I am still going to keep an eye out for a motion filed in a higher court this morning or at some point during the day.

I am so sick of the delays. Lets get this thing done!!!

ETA: I voted 'none of the above' in the poll.

Totally agree with you.
I am an Australian - we follow the old English Court system ... I always wish it was the same here with DAs like JB. I would love to see him suck up to a man in a wig ... bow everytime he walks into the court room ... ahhh the good old days lol

I, however think that tomorrow's case didn't warrent his time at all ... pre-trial hearing for a person that stole utilities? JP could have fixed that (and probably did)

After reading the reports of his text messages and reported sighting of JB smiling while sitting in his car at the hotel afterwards I am beginning to think he just was throwing a temper tantrum because of the DT's failed motion that morning and thought he would show HHJP.

No way I am buying that he was sick. He seemed his normal self both in the courtroom that morning and with media personnel he spoke with as he was leaving the building.

WMKG reported on the 11pm news that it was ICA's decision as to whether they continued the afternoon session without head council and of course she chose not to.
At this critical stage in jury selection with time running nothing other than death's door should have kept him from as least sitting in the courtroom while CM did the rest.

Yup, I think this was a classic case of baby taking his ball and going home.

Have been out most of the day but did catch a blurb opining that the DT may have been filing an interlocutory appeal based on the order by Judge Perry regarding jury selection.

Will go back through the thread but in case it hasn't been discussed......food for thought.

Perhaps JB left to drive over to the 5 th District Court of Appeals??

Additionally, is it possible KC is considering a bench trial? And seating a penalty phase jury only?

Not with who sits on this bench....

listen she was not crying or sobbing and was talking to Simms before she left and smiled at someone as she walked out. Unless you have a screen capture to prove. She was not crying.

I am not sure what happened but the judge looked really angry. It may be that JB is trying to either remove the judge or delay the trial.

MO

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/weshtv?feature=feedlsb#p/u/1/em2I_00Zm5Q"]YouTube - ‪weshtv's Channel‬‏[/ame]

It appears she is wiping a tear from each eye...not sobbing...It also appears Baez loves the drama just like his client...why the secret departure? As of last night, there was no appeals filed in the 5th district court...another stall tactic. JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I just think that since JB is the one that asked for the extended lunch...til 1....and he wasn't back on time.....HCJP just said....see ya tomorrow.....

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/192859/250/Stop-the-Speculation-says-Casey-Anthony-attorney

Says Baez was 'puking' at the courthouse before he left. And this is a 'private matter' that brought everything to a grinding halt? Yet he was reported to be socializing in the parking lot by his hotel in Clearwater with a smile on his face a couple hours later? And still don't get why Mason appeared shaken when he left. But I think Mr Baaaaeeeezzzzz pulled a fast one on us all yesterday.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/192859/250/Stop-the-Speculation-says-Casey-Anthony-attorney

Says Baez was 'puking' at the courthouse before he left. And this is a 'private matter' that brought everything to a grinding halt? Yet he was reported to be socializing in the parking lot by his hotel in Clearwater with a smile on his face a couple hours later? And still don't get why Mason appeared shaken when he left. But I think Mr Baaaaeeeezzzzz pulled a fast one on us all yesterday.

Maybe he finally figured out what kind of lawyer he's teamed up with?

Wouldn't it be great if HHJP said Mr. Baaaeeeezzz I have reconsidered my decision and I going to dismiss juror #1319? I know that won't happen and I doubt any reason is given today for JB's sudden exit yesterday. It would however be good if HHJP starts addressing JB in the same tone he has JA.

It also says that AF was overheard telling one of the DT that they may have to wait an hour. If JB was puking how would they know he would stop in an hour? I'm not buying the sick excuse, too many people saw him looking fine.:waitasec:

Welcome to WSs :)
There was no plea deal offered - there was one offered last Monday which ICA declined.
To fire Baez she would have to file with the court for a hearing, the court has to approve it.

Is there a link for this? I haven't heard of her being offered a plea and denying it. If she had, I would think it would have been all over the news.

The Today Show is going to have something on in a few minutes about JB leaving yesterday and Court not continuing. Just heard Matt Lauer (sp?) announce it.

Casey was crying because of the touching speech he gave about his promise to her to defend her

Blah Blah Blah :panic:

Just like Casey, he wanted to show the courts and everyone who is in control:sick:

I agree-but not just a control issue IMO. I think it's a strategy to run out the clock and start over with a fresh selection of pot jurors and and strikes!:maddening:

I must say if this was all a stunt by this "lawyer" to get out of picking this jury and starting over there is gonna be one teed of judge and as a fl taxpayer i am fuming mad. This is law and justice????? It can be manipulated this way??? Im a little disgusted that it seems lie a game and a joke to the dt. If I was a serious lawyer on this dt, I would not be one bit amused by all the antics. Man he is gonna walk in there today with that smarmy smile and im gonna go thru the da*# roof. :banghead: :maddening:

I must say if this was all a stunt by this "lawyer" to get out of picking this jury and starting over there is gonna be one teed of judge and as a fl taxpayer i am fuming mad. This is law and justice????? It can be manipulated this way??? Im a little disgusted that it seems lie a game and a joke to the dt. If I was a serious lawyer on this dt, I would not be one bit amused by all the antics. Man he is gonna walk in there today with that smarmy smile and im gonna go thru the da*# roof. :banghead: :maddening:

I believe it was decided yesterday by the queen Inmate and she gave the orders to scrap the Pinellas county panel and start over from scratch, after she heard the Judge give them that option.
IMO the Judge never should have changed the game plan from the magic number of 18, to swearing in 12 then working on alternates. He should have remained firm on one plan. When he reversed himself and allowed the defense to question the remaining 15 potential jurors, then he messed up the strike count. The defense never would have used their 9 strikes on the jurors they did when they thought they had to make a decision before 12 were sworn in. The defense decision on strikes would have been different after questioning alllllllllll of the potential jury panel.

I believe the Judge allowed Baez to go to Orlando and take care of his other case, and that's why the Judge did not even put it on the record yesterday that Baez was not in the courtroom - the alleged "lead attorney" and did not say anything afterwards. The Judge wanted the jurors to get out of the courthouse before the media swarmed them and asked their opinion of being dumped.

It's not the defendant's call to "scrap" a jury, if that were the case no jury would ever get seated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Papaya-salad