Why has the family not made a public plea?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind them? The two women have not spoken out. The two men gave only scripted statements.IMO

BBM: Bouncing off your post.

I also believe in the scripted statements.

1. Why did they have Tony profess love and plead for Kyron to return (speaking directly to Kyron.)

IIRC, earlier on someone stated that Kyron was scared of police.. then later on in the week, we heard Kyron wanted to be a detective (LE) ...

2. They get Kaine to deliver the "non-emotional" thanking the media and public...

When Terri and Kain were gettin into her car when they were leaving the gym, they didn't look to appreciative to me. They totally ignored the reporter and took off..without saying a word, now we have Kaine publicly thanking them?

IMO, LE told them to do it this way, but why? If LE did not tell them to do it this way, then why did the family choose for the message to Kyron to be delivered like this? Is there an underlining message to Kyron in there somewhere? Remember LE and Tony are talking directly to Kyron.

There has to be a reason here why there hasn't been a public plea....:waitasec:
They only thing I can think of is they know who took him.

I don't think LE speaking out to Kyron directly means that they think he is alive, I think the sheriff was just saying what the family was obviously not going to say and it needed to be said. Someone had to plead for Kyron.

While a plea itself might be a fruitless appeal to the perpetrator, until I was told that my child was being returned to me or that the scum who harmed him was arrested, I think keeping my child in the thoughts and minds of the community by personalizing his story would only help. Anything to keep his story from fading to black and being forgotten until it was resolved would be my goal - regardless of any personal hits I had to take about my looks, body language, speech, lifestyle, etc., while doing it. My fear, sorrow and anger would stir me to find out anything I could. JMO.

While a plea itself might be a fruitless appeal to the perpetrator, until I was told that my child was being returned to me or that the scum who harmed him was arrested, I think keeping my child in the thoughts and minds of the community by personalizing his story would only help. Anything to keep his story from fading to black and being forgotten until it was resolved would be my goal - regardless of any personal hits I had to take about my looks, body language, speech, lifestyle, etc., while doing it. My fear, sorrow and anger would stir me to find out anything I could. JMO.

BBM

At least, every few days I would think one of the parents would be in front of the media telling Kyron we're looking for you and we won't stop until we find you. Even a taped message in private that would tell him - We love you and you are the most important thing to us. We will find you, Kyron. Just in case he's somewhere where there's even the remote possibility he could see us on TV.

Unless all the parents know that's not a possibility?

If you thought someone had your child, even if there was a slim chance, wouldn't you want to cry out to him/her how much you loved them, just in case the child him/herself got to hear it? I would just want to know I did that, and that I took the chance it might help in some way.

However, I am well aware not everyone reacts to things in the same way.

ETA: Great minds think alike, Carole - ITA.

I have to wonder, now that over 2 weeks have gone by and the media is starting to bury this story, will the parents start speaking out to keep it in the news? I could understand early on when LE was holding press conferences regularly and it dominated the newscasts why they might not have felt the need to talk to the press. What about next month, if he isn't home by then? When, if ever, will they feel the need to keep his face out there?

If you thought someone had your child, even if there was a slim chance, wouldn't you want to cry out to him/her how much you loved them, just in case the child him/herself got to hear it? I would just want to know I did that, and took the chance it might help in some way.

However, I am well aware not everyone reacts to things in the same way.
ETA: Great minds think alike, Carole - ITA.

I know everyone doesn't react the same way, but for goodness sake, it sure seems like one of the four parents would be able to muster enough strength and courage to talk to their little lost boy!

I will make a prediction that the next time the family speaks out it will be DY and/or TY - I don't think we'll hear from TH or KH anytime soon.

I will make a prediction that the next time the family speaks out it will be DY and/or TY - I don't think we'll hear from TH or KH anytime soon.

She's in an odd position, though, really - either she doesn't speak and people think it's b/c she knows he is dead, but if she does, people will think she's faking it, a la Susan Smith. Tough call.

Though, I swear, if she says anything - one little word, ever - about black carjackers, my head will explode all over my monitor.

I know everyone doesn't react the same way, but for goodness sake, it sure seems like one of the four parents would be able to muster enough strength and courage to talk to their little lost boy!

I agree.

Do pleas to a kidnapper to release a child work? Are there statistics on that?

IMO his family does not think he is alive, and that is why they have not done so.

Because even if LE told me that public pleas to kidnappers don't work (statistically speaking), I'd still want to do it. To not try something would always make me wonder "what if" ...

But LE says that the need for the public to be alarmed is very low. LE knows a lot we don't. How can a child disappear from a school and the public NOT be alarmed? It must be that the child was targeted specifically (family involvement).

All JMO

I am a very private person. I do not display emotions very well publically. In fact, this is a family trait, and many, many people have spoken to me about the "O'Connor Blank Face" If me, or my relatives, are feeling any emotions that we wish to keep private, you will get the blank face from us! My sense of privacy is very, very strong, and I have mentioned on another thread that there are funerals of people I dearly, desperately loved that I have not attended because I simply could not fathom showing my grief publicly.

If my child were missing, I would have a big, internal fight with my sense of privacy. After giving this a great deal of thought, I think I would run to the television station, beg them to PLEASE, please let me make a public plea for my child, please, please run it every hour on the hour, and please, please! HELP ME to get my baby back.

I try very hard not to "bind" other people by my own sense of "what would I do? what would I NOT do?" and I try very, very hard to give others the grace that I may need one day. However, I must admit that I find it......strange? odd? not "normal"?......for four out of four parents to fail to use the media to beg for their child's return.

I know that most parental pleas are not answered. I know that few kidnapped children are ever reunited with their parents. I know that Kyron's step-father is LE and knows how very few children return home after a disappearance, but I think if I were Kyron's mother or father, I would be begging anyway.

I agree with you, Noway, that no-one is expecting a live Kyron to bounce on back to the house anymore. But surely in the first days of this, they had hope.

I do have to admit that I disagree that a targeted attack against Kyron would necessarily mean a familial involvement, although my personal beliefs are becoming rather overwhelmingly tilted in that direction.

The thing that depressed me most about this case from day one was the family's reaction -they seemed to know he was never coming home.i kept asking myself why I was bothering to hope when they clearly had none. IMO, there has never been a sense of urgency, only resignation. Same thing is true with law enforcement. If my child were missing and I knew in my heart that it was not an inside job by a family member, I would be furious that the police had not plastered my kid's face across every landscape in the country. They've known from the start what has very likely happened to him. This doesn't mean that one of the four of them did it. It could mean that they know who the person is who did it - a relative, friend, sibling, etc.

She's in an odd position, though, really - either she doesn't speak and people think it's b/c she knows he is dead, but if she does, people will think she's faking it, a la Susan Smith. Tough call.

Though, I swear, if she says anything - one little word, ever - about black carjackers, my head will explode all over my monitor.

I have to agree with you here. Also, if we are going to talk about the SM not talking, then we have to also talk about the fact that actually all 4 of the parents are not talking. I can see that more and more people are starting to do that, but at first it was all about the SM and her public appearances which didn't seem fair to me.

I do, in general, find it a bit odd that they all are not speaking more to the media. We all know there are many, many families of missing people who would die for this level of attention towards their loved one's case. It could be that they are all not comfortable speaking publicly or that they don't have enough strength to do that without breaking down (e.g. Dennis Rocha - Laci Peterson's father - and, yes, for awhile before the focus on the husband people did speculate about him and why he didn't speak during the media events).

Usually, though, in those instances there is at least one other family member or sometimes even a non-family member who will step forward as the family spokesperson. Maybe they are just leaving it all up to LE to be their spokesperson? Of course, it's only fair to mention that they have attended the family press conferences and at least prepared a statement that is written as coming from the entire family. I just don't know.

Short answer: They know the perp.

IMO

I think the families have given a public plea, it just isn't to the public's liking ,the way they have done it or been told to do it.
I keep thinking back to Tori Stafford and how her Mom spoke almost daily, and how she was ridiculed for her hair, her earrings, her clothing, everything made her out to be a killer, and she wasn't.
Why put yourself into that kind of spotlight, when it takes the focus off of the missing child and puts everyone's speculation on you?
There is a child missing, regardless of what or how they plead to the public, the people in the public that genuinely care about children will continue to search for that child, the rest will continue to pull apart the unperfect people in our perfect world.

Since today's release of Desiree Young's letter to her son Kyron, I found my way back to this thread and couldn't help but, post this thought.

I think DY's statement should be the beginning now of as many "family" statements & interviews to keep this child's recovery the focus!

If I were the family at this point I would now be saying, I've sat by quietly & patiently (maybe at LE's instruction?) and NOW I'll be enlisting any and all who would be willing to assist in the locating and the recovery of my son, Kyron.

The longer this goes on and the more the family is involved in responses or lack there of just gets stranger. Something is very wrong with this case. Several things are very odd.

FBI is involved in the beginning, still involved now. Federal goverment.
Yet no Amber Alert. LE says "isolated incident" trying to reassure the public.
The family is non-existant towards the media or getting themselves heard. When they are heard it is from a piece of paper through somewhere else, except days later they are seen on TV altogether ONCE, again reading from paper.
Then search is major scaled back and focuses on this island in the reports. Divers also searching? What do you think they are looking for?
Then comes this last week where focus goes back on the SM. Again another supposed statement from the family through LE saying they wished they could have been there? What is that supposed to mean?
Also, what came out at me looking at the flyer asking about TH if the family was giving coop don't you think LE could get a better set of photos instead of cut outs from news reports?
Then we find out SM is taking the 2nd poly. Wow.
Now we have the bio mom releasing out a letter to Kyron via the news? Even the tone and direction of that letter is weird. It talks like in the past tense...
I keep asking myself WHY is the family doing this now? Two weeks + have passed and you become vocal...I miss you...I wish I could hug you? The family did not release this to local media but the Today Show?

What is wrong here? I think the media knows there is something seriously wrong. If in fact the family was asked to stay out of the media it just doesn't make any sense why the family would be asked by LE to stay out of the media but now..it is ok to start coming out? If it was my kid you would have to hold HE** back to keep me out of the media. I would want my child to HEAR me and SEE me via TV, Radio, posters, everywhere I could possibly get them to see my face or hear my voice.

That is parental instinct to protect your child. This family just seems off.

I just hope they find him soon, and I would hope safe and I hope it is not as I fear. I want to be wrong and keep checking news reports daily hoping to see some progress.

This is what I can not get past every time I hear about DY's letter. It is this part:

"I just can’t believe that you aren’t still with us."-DY

That statement is just plain SPOOKY. :waitasec:

That and the fact that after reading DY's letter and that LE released it for the public-goodness one would wonder they could not have coached her to write it different being how it comes across. Some PR help maybe?

I still say it is signifigant that none of these family members can be in front of the cameras without a script or without someone else presenting for them. It is like pulling teeth to get them to respond at all publically.

I am waiting like the rest of you to see this outcome. I still hope they find the little guy safe because whatever is going on here...it is not his fault. I hope nothing bad has happened to him but the more time that passes the possiblity of him being...well you know.....I am sure decreases...logically.

To the person responsible there is a special place in...:devil:...for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje