Why? What was the motive?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
dasgal said:
SNIP
Something else to keep in mind is the wedding dress and photo album open to a page of her and the boys. It had blood splatter, but was found closed. She quite obviously was doing some emotional thinking.

Well, that is quite a piece of information!

What about the wedding dress?

if darlie is guilty...is it possible she might have killed her sons simply for the attention? as sick as that is?

I think she is a selfish psychopath - and that is why she did it.

dasgal said:
She had it laying out in a nearby room. She originally claimed that they were going to have a 2nd Wedding. Uh huh....:liar:

Yeah, but even if that 2nd wedding was going to happen, they had MONTHS until then. Why bring the dress out that early? I can see wanting to see if it still fit, but she was dieting, so by the time that date drew near, she'd be smaller. So, she couldn't have gotten it done that far in advance anyway. Why have it out?

It's pretty creepy when you think about all the memory lane stuff she was doing prior to such a hideous act. That's another thing that reinforces my belief that she intended to kill herself after killing the boys.

dasgal said:
Yes sad indeed. It's amazing what a person can do when they throw a tantrum, and this is what this is. A horrible deadly tantrum. If she could take it back, you can bet she would.I don't know how long this had gone on, but her statement to police give us a clue. Darin took her sister home that night and took a little longer than Darlie thought was appropriate. Now, I don't really think that anything was going on, but what did Darlie think? How messed up and unconfident do you have to be to think your sister is doing your husband. Something wasn't right, and it didn't just occur to her. She obviously had given the idea some thought. It may have been what prompted the separation/divorce talk.

Something else to keep in mind is the wedding dress and photo album open to a page of her and the boys. It had blood splatter, but was found closed. She quite obviously was doing some emotional thinking.

OMG, I forgot about the wedding photo album. I have always thought that Darlie flipped out and before she knew it Devon was dead and that no one was more surprised than her. What about Damon, do you think he was part of the tantrum. You know there are some who think he might have been sacrificed as a witness. I just can't go there. I can't wrap my brain around that.

Jeana (DP) said:
I honestly believe though, that its possible she thought that Darin had someone on the side.

I honestly can't believe anyone would want Darin - let alone two women. Yewww.

No, I think she wanted to take Damon away from Darin, as well as Devon. I think she wanted to hurt Darin ultimately.

I can't go with the witness thing either. In my heart of hearts I just can't believe Darlie is THAT evil, although I am sure I am in the minority on that one.

I also believe she killed her boys and then intended to kill herself. I think she wasn't able to succeed in taking her own life.

I always had a problem with how she sounded when she spoke. Her voice did not sound right. She was sugar coating her voice too much and it made her come across to me as putting on a show.

Lady Sleuth

cami said:
Marital problems
money problems
hormonal changes and pms
post partum depression
diet pills
depression and talk of suicide
kids driving her nuts
wanting more

Mix with extreme self-focus/selfishness and short-sightedness, and you get a deadly brew. Oh, I might also throw in a pinch of panic about the future and returning to a life of struggling financially as a single mother with three kids.

(I can't of many men who would want to take on the burden of getting into a relationship and/or supporting a woman who has three kids, maybe one but not three.)

Hi all,

That's the first I have heard about this... can someone point me to where this was in the transcripts (or a photo in MTJD?). Do you mean that there was blood spatter on the actual page of her and the boys but that it was found closed at the scene (ie. that she closed it after the attack)?

Dani

I think at a trial all of the evidence should come in no matter who it supports. The pictures of the bruises on Darly's arms didn't make it to the trial. I saw the pictures and I don't think that she did that to herself. The defense should have had those pictures. The Pros showed the last half of a video taken at the grave site when they were having a birthday party for one of the boys. The first half of the video was when the pastor was speaking and they were all praying. The whole video should have been shown.

I get suspious when evidence is left out. It makes the Pros look really sneaky in my eyes. All of the injuries should have been shown....only showing the last part of that video made it look like everyone was at the grave site just having a big ole party. Showing all of the video showed what actually took place....but it made it look better for the Pros to just show the jury the party part.

I don't know if Darly is guilty or not. I thought so until I heard about the things that the defense didn't get from the Pros. For that reason alone I think she should have gotten a new trial where ALL of the evidence was presented.
I've also heard the jurors talk and say that if they had seen the pictures of Darly's arms and the other half of the video their vote would have been different.

I may be wrong and it may have been Darly's attorney that didn't use the evidence that was left out.....if that was the case she should still get another trial.....if her attorney was incompatant.

Bobbisangel said:
I think at a trial all of the evidence should come in no matter who it supports. The pictures of the bruises on Darly's arms didn't make it to the trial. I saw the pictures and I don't think that she did that to herself. The defense should have had those pictures.
According to the defense they did have those pictures and they were shown at trial.

I don't know if Darly is guilty or not. I thought so until I heard about the things that the defense didn't get from the Pros. For that reason alone I think she should have gotten a new trial where ALL of the evidence was presented.

What didn't the defense get from the prosecution?

Darlie's attorney, Douglas Mulder, was voted the BEST CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN TEXAS. So, she had more than adequate representation. The problem with this case is that an attorney only has so much to work with. If his or her client is lying through their teeth, there is only so much damage control a lawyer can do.

Also, as was pointed out by another poster, Darlie's own attorneys said that those photographs WERE introduced into evidence during the trial.

This is nothing but another campfire story.

This blows my mind.
"Lieutenant, you won't believe what Mr. Routier said to me right before he left to go to the hospital with his wife. He turned to me and I swear to God he said, 'Golly, I guess this is the biggest thing Rowlett's ever had.' The man had two of his children slaughtered tonight, and he's acting like the damn circus is in town!"

Bobbie-if you look at the pictures with all the horrible bruising, you will notice and the bottom corner of each and every one of them, is an exhibit #. They were entered into court and given to the defense.

As with many "this person is unjustly sentenced" websites, there is no burden of fact. They can pretty much say anything.

Dani-

It was found after the trial. It was found by someone working on Darlie's side. Even though this person is still a supporter, it gave this person profound doubt and still naggles at them. Unfortunately, you are just going to have to take my word on this one because I like getting my info.;)

Why?

This is the one thing that makes me believe she is not guilty. Unlike Susan Smith, who murdered both her boys to please a boyfriend, Darlie has one child who was not injured that fateful night. Sick though it is, I can understand (sort of) getting rid of all your children, but I can't comprehend the purpose of getting rid of one or two, while leaving others behind.

This makes absolutely no sense to me!

Pepper said:
Why?

This is the one thing that makes me believe she is not guilty. Unlike Susan Smith, who murdered both her boys to please a boyfriend, Darlie has one child who was not injured that fateful night. Sick though it is, I can understand (sort of) getting rid of all your children, but I can't comprehend the purpose of getting rid of one or two, while leaving others behind.

This makes absolutely no sense to me!

I think there could be a couple of reasons

1) It may have been a spontaneous attack (although I doubt it) and Drake was out of reach at the time upstairs
2) Drake may have represented something very different than Damon & Devon. He was a baby, entirely dependent on her, not a rambuctious 5-6 year old who was driving her crazy, not such a financial drain etc. He may very well have symbolised a new beginning for Darlie, a second go round the merry-go-round so to speak. If she and Darin WERE going to separate (he has now revealed she did ask for a separation that night) then she could have viewed Drake as a way of erasing her past mistakes and starting a new life.
3) She may in fact have planned to attack Drake (and even Darin) but had to put a premature end to the attack for an unanticpated reason (eg, perhaps her neck wound or something?)

I'm sure others on here will have other reasons. But I guess I'd want to say that her innocence or guilt is found in the actual evidence rather than us trying to get inside her head and work out why she would have done this or that. I just don't think we will ever really understand her or why she did it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mykand
Back