Why? What was the motive?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Honestly, IMO I think that when Darlie wrote in her diary: "My life has been such a hard fight for a long time, and I just can't find the strength to keep fighting anymore", that she was just depressed more so than normal due to PPD and she was having a seriously sad day. I think she was dwelling in her "misery" at the time and took to paper to let it out.

I think that Darin and Darlie had most likely been having major relationship issues for several months prior to her getting pregnant with Drake. It makes me wonder if she thought that by having another child that it would bring back the love that was possibly missing from their relationship. The money problems didn't surface until the beginning of 96 and Drake was born in 95.

I have a question: WHY were they planning on "renewing" their wedding vows in 98? IMO it seems a little strange considering how young they were and how long they had actually been married. I always thought that couples renewed their vows after 25 or so years or because they want to erase something bad that has occurred to the marriage and "start over" with a clean slate.

I think the tables had turned on Darlie. I think that Darin was playing off of the emotions Darlie was experiencing. And for once felt like the one in control of the relationship and where it was going. I think the loss of control in the marriage was Darlie's breaking point.

I don't think Darlie really wanted Drake. The books mentioned she went to bed and didn't get up for 3 days. So she was obviously NOT wanting a baby. Then she cheers up thinking she was gonna have a girl, and when the sonogram showed it was a boy she then went to bed for 3 weeks.

I am new to this case, after watching an A and E Bill Kurtis special (American Justice?) about DR, so I apologize if I bring up old speculation.

My take on DR is that it is possible that she was seeking attention by killing her sons. If her marriage was a bit rocky, or the finances were growing scarce after a time of great prosperity, and she was not getting "fed" by the high of spending lavishly, maybe she had a need to get a new high from all the attention of being a victim of a terrible attack, in which she is seriously hurt and loses 2 of her children. This would also explain why she did not kill the baby - she kept one for herself.

I can't help but think of Diane Downs (of "Small Sacrifices" fame), I wonder if the M.O. is not similar? Kill the children, then wound self grievously enough to appear to have survived a terrible assault.

imo

I am new to this case, after watching an A and E Bill Kurtis special (American Justice?) about DR, so I apologize if I bring up old speculation.

My take on DR is that it is possible that she was seeking attention by killing her sons. If her marriage was a bit rocky, or the finances were growing scarce after a time of great prosperity, and she was not getting "fed" by the high of spending lavishly, maybe she had a need to get a new high from all the attention of being a victim of a terrible attack, in which she is seriously hurt and loses 2 of her children. This would also explain why she did not kill the baby - she kept one for herself.

I can't help but think of Diane Downs (of "Small Sacrifices" fame), I wonder if the M.O. is not similar? Kill the children, then wound self grievously enough to appear to have survived a terrible assault.

imo

Its entirely possible. Unfortunately, her life was so out of control, any number of things could have set her off.

Darlie never, in a million years thought that she would be arrested for the crime. In her simple mind, tell a story, feel sorry for me because my two boys were murdered and I was injured. Remember Darin and Darlie thought that this was "the biggest" thing to hit Rowlett, so they would be in the papers, have photo ops, interviews, etc.

She even invited the press to her "birthday" celebration at the boys graves. She was a media junkie. She craved and craves attention, from the breasts, the clothes, the hair, the jewellery, the parties, the material possessions.

But she could not control the police, or the CSI, or DA. They looked at the "substance" and not the "sham" and did the only thing possible, arrested and convicted Darlie.

I do believe that Darlie has one or more personality disorders.

Darlie never, in a million years thought that she would be arrested for the crime. In her simple mind, tell a story, feel sorry for me because my two boys were murdered and I was injured. Remember Darin and Darlie thought that this was "the biggest" thing to hit Rowlett, so they would be in the papers, have photo ops, interviews, etc.

She even invited the press to her "birthday" celebration at the boys graves. She was a media junkie. She craved and craves attention, from the breasts, the clothes, the hair, the jewellery, the parties, the material possessions.

But she could not control the police, or the CSI, or DA. They looked at the "substance" and not the "sham" and did the only thing possible, arrested and convicted Darlie.

I do believe that Darlie has one or more personality disorders.

QUESTION: Why would any mother (or person for that matter) invite the media to their son's graves just a week after they were brutally attacked? Why do something like that....because you were trying to prove that you loved your boys and didn't put them in their graves. UGUGUGUGUG

This past Saturday they had a show on called AGAINST THE LAW. And guess who they were doing their show on... Darlie Routier . Same old story nothing new, with the same ending line...why does Darlie Routier still claim some 11 years later that she did not kill her kids. Apparently according to this show, this statement is the only thing Ms. Darlie has not changed since that fateful night of June 6, 1996.

One last thing.... I am sorry but how can anyone watch that video from the graves and not see how happy she was. Not devastated as any other YOUNG mother would be. Happy... Happy...Happy... So weird because it took me several years after the death of my mom to actually feel and LOOK happy. MOO

I believe that this crime was so evil, so unnatural to everything most people can even begin to grasp, and conjours horror even thinking about it, there is a huge need to understand how and why a person could commit murders of such magnitude.

I speculated for a long time, searching "why?" and "how?" Now, in my opinion, it doesn't seem that Darlie was a complicated person. I believe that one act of horror was brought on by something simple in Darlie's world. Her "babies" cast a shadow on a spotlight she felt should be entirely on her. She needed to eliminate the shadow so she could once again shine, for all to see. And once again the world would revolve around the beautiful planet of Darlie.

Julia

Gee do you know how many convicted criminals "who are sitting" in prison, and even death row, deny any involvement in the crime for which they have been convicted. How about almost all. Even when there is sufficient evidence to convict them, noooo, they are just so innocent.

Do you really think after all of this time. Darlie is going to take any type of responsibility for her crime. No, because the whole world would know she has been lying for the last 11 years, she would lose her "fan club" and the cult of Darlie.

Just like a kid, who has their hand in the cookie jar, denies that he/she was taking a cookie, just seeing if there was cookies in the jar, or counting them, but nooo they have no intention of taking one.

Please......Darlie may have been consistent in denying any involvement in the crime, but her story has changed many many times.

Darlie was in cut off shorts, chewing gum, happy as can be, when she was filmed for the media. Funny, how we "missed" the solemn ceremony in which she grieved the boys, and it did not make the media. But the party she planned did.

I cannot ignore all of the evidence pointing to her guilt. Like the "neat" stranger, who cleaned up the blood from the scene before fleeing.

Gee do you know how many convicted criminals "who are sitting" in prison, and even death row, deny any involvement in the crime for which they have been convicted. How about almost all. Even when there is sufficient evidence to convict them, noooo, they are just so innocent.

Do you really think after all of this time. Darlie is going to take any type of responsibility for her crime. No, because the whole world would know she has been lying for the last 11 years, she would lose her "fan club" and the cult of Darlie.

Just like a kid, who has their hand in the cookie jar, denies that he/she was taking a cookie, just seeing if there was cookies in the jar, or counting them, but nooo they have no intention of taking one.

Please......Darlie may have been consistent in denying any involvement in the crime, but her story has changed many many times.

Darlie was in cut off shorts, chewing gum, happy as can be, when she was filmed for the media. Funny, how we "missed" the solemn ceremony in which she grieved the boys, and it did not make the media. But the party she planned did.

I cannot ignore all of the evidence pointing to her guilt. Like the "neat" stranger, who cleaned up the blood from the scene before fleeing.

Your "hand in the cookie jar" theory is exactly why Darlie didn't have the amount of blood on her one would expect to find after a mother tried desperately to save her childrens' lives. She didn't want to be able to put put anywhere near them so she didn't ever get close enough to do anything to help them.

QUESTION: Why would any mother (or person for that matter) invite the media to their son's graves just a week after they were brutally attacked? Why do something like that....because you were trying to prove that you loved your boys and didn't put them in their graves. UGUGUGUGUG

One last thing.... I am sorry but how can anyone watch that video from the graves and not see how happy she was. Not devastated as any other YOUNG mother would be. Happy... Happy...Happy... So weird because it took me several years after the death of my mom to actually feel and LOOK happy. MOO

The invitation to the media IMO could be for one of two reasons.

1. The media payed for her family and friends to attend, (to stop over in hotels etc) in return for the right to film ceremony.

2. Darlie wanted media to film ceremony to keep the crime in the public spotlight. So people would not forget about crime. She wanted police to find intruder and didnt want people forgetting about it.

The invitation to the media IMO could be for one of two reasons.

1. The media payed for her family and friends to attend, (to stop over in hotels etc) in return for the right to film ceremony.

2. Darlie wanted media to film ceremony to keep the crime in the public spotlight. So people would not forget about crime. She wanted police to find intruder and didnt want people forgetting about it.

I'll go with Door No. 1 Bob.:cool:

I'm not so sure I think Darlie is sorry. Here she is now trying to blame it on Darrin somehow. If she was sorry she'd quit looking for a way out, and accept her sentence. Darlie seemed to believe in God...if she does, wouldn't she want to make things right and clear her conscience here on Earth before she goes before the Lord to be judged?

I agree I don't think she's one bit sorry. Sorry she was convicted..sorry for herself. She's celebrating her burden in life being lifted at the ss party.

I believe if she's found God, she needs to atone for what she's done and the first thing is to admit you did it and ask forgiveness.

This past Saturday they had a show on called AGAINST THE LAW. And guess who they were doing their show on... Darlie Routier . Same old story nothing new, with the same ending line...why does Darlie Routier still claim some 11 years later that she did not kill her kids. Apparently according to this show, this statement is the only thing Ms. Darlie has not changed since that fateful night of June 6, 1996.

Me too. I still go to the phone to call my mum and then it hits me. I wonder why Darlie didn't invite that news crew to film the solemn prayer service prior to the party?

I agree I don't think she's one bit sorry. Sorry she was convicted..sorry for herself. She's celebrating her burden in life being lifted at the ss party.

I believe if she's found God, she needs to atone for what she's done and the first thing is to admit you did it and ask forgiveness.

Hey Cami - where you been? Good to hear from ya! Anyhow, in regards to Darlie - I have to disagree with you and White Rain. IMO In Darlie's mind, she has already been forgiven by GOD. We have to remember that Darlie's thoughts centered around Darlie and what she believed to be true. So therefore, as long as she has asked God for forgiveness for what she has done, then she is forgiven and doesn't feel that in order to receive forgiveness that she must tell the world what she did. As long as she "owns up" her actions to GOD then she is good to go. I hope this made some sense. :eek:

Me too. I still go to the phone to call my mum and then it hits me. I wonder why Darlie didn't invite that news crew to film the solemn prayer service prior to the party?

I wonder if they were there and witnessed the event but just wasn't "allowed" to film it or stand in the area at the time. IF this be true then the same people who filmed the silly string stupidity would be able to validate her claims of crying etc during the "service".

Hey Cami - where you been? Good to hear from ya! Anyhow, in regards to Darlie - I have to disagree with you and White Rain. IMO In Darlie's mind, she has already been forgiven by GOD. We have to remember that Darlie's thoughts centered around Darlie and what she believed to be true. So therefore, as long as she has asked God for forgiveness for what she has done, then she is forgiven and doesn't feel that in order to receive forgiveness that she must tell the world what she did. As long as she "owns up" her actions to GOD then she is good to go. I hope this made some sense. :eek:

Oh definitely makes sense...it's what Goody thought as well. I guess I am stuck on the take responsibility for your actions mode.

Oh I've been around...I've not really posted much anywhere this summer, don't post much anymore.

Just for my own knowledge, can you admit to God that you've done something that you're denying to the rest of the world? Wouldn't he like know what you're up to?:innocent: :innocent:

Oh definitely makes sense...it's what Goody thought as well. I guess I am stuck on the take responsibility for your actions mode.

Oh I've been around...I've not really posted much anywhere this summer, don't post much anymore.

Oh thanks for the compliment. To be told that I am thinking along the lines of Goody, makes me feel a little bit smarter...:blushing:..

Just for my own knowledge, can you admit to God that you've done something that you're denying to the rest of the world? Wouldn't he like know what you're up to?:innocent: :innocent:

Jeana that is a difficult question to answer. I personally believe you can. There are many things that I have "confessed" to GOD that I will never "confess" to the world. Depending on the church and "their bible" , I guess the rule of thumb is you must make amends with the person and GOD. Make it right. However, like in Darlie's case, she can't speak personally to Damon and Devon to ask for forgiveness so she (in her mind) only needs to make right with GOD. I hope that made sense.

Was that what you were asking me?

Jeana that is a difficult question to answer. I personally believe you can. There are many things that I have "confessed" to GOD that I will never "confess" to the world. Depending on the church and "their bible" , I guess the rule of thumb is you must make amends with the person and GOD. Make it right. However, like in Darlie's case, she can't speak personally to Damon and Devon to ask for forgiveness so she (in her mind) only needs to make right with GOD. I hope that made sense.

Was that what you were asking me?

Close! If you've already confessed to God and THEN continue to deny it to everyone else, aren't you really just trying to fake it to the Almighty? I mean he knew the truth from the very beginning, but they say you can't ask for forgiveness for a sin and keep sinning the same sin, right? If she confesses to God that she killed her kids, yet sins by lying to the world about the crime, she's committing a sin to cover up another sin. It would seem to negate the confession and the asking to be forgiven by God. How could the person make amends if she doesn't confess to the world? How many others have been victimized by Darlie by her continued refusal to tell the truth? Do I have you completely confused yet? LOL

I wonder if they were there and witnessed the event but just wasn't "allowed" to film it or stand in the area at the time. IF this be true then the same people who filmed the silly string stupidity would be able to validate her claims of crying etc during the "service".
I don't know about the "service" but there were claims she was crying a the gravesite as well.

I remember seeing a documentary about the case, (can't remember which one) and recall seeing a clip of Darlie and the family at the gravesite just before the silly string started flying. I'm not sure if the camera was being wielded by LE or not.

This cameraman was filming the group at the gravesite from quite a bit further back. Everyone seems to have seen the clip where Darlie sprayed the silly string and commented and that was shown as well.

I can't recall if Darlie was in tears but I remember her being hugged and I remember Darin appeared stunned throughout as did several other family members. But remember, many perps have "cried" at services and at gravesites and put on a good act when they were in fact guilty.

Regardless whether she was crying at the gravesite or not, the silly string and her "fun" spraying it and her comments about the boys that day struck me as totally weird and not something most people do when their children have been murdered by a stranger.

Whatever her perceived motive was, it wasn't worth two children's lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back