Why? What was the motive?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I dont think that anyones actions after a horrific event, such as this, could be seen as 'normal' anyway. Everyone deals with grief differently you cant pigeon hole people and say, 'well, they didnt act right, they didnt cry in the right place or they could have been filmed throughout'.

I wonder what some of you would make of a video of a Chinese Wake? As they celebrate the life of the deceased, throw money into the grave, and yes they are sometimes smiling whilst doing it. Although even this depends on the individual. The point im trying to make is everyone (no matter where they come from) is different and it is unfair to demonise someone because thier behaviour doesnt appear to be 'normal'. After all what is normal in this circumstance?

I dont think that anyones actions after a horrific event, such as this, could be seen as 'normal' anyway. Everyone deals with grief differently you cant pigeon hole people and say, 'well, they didnt act right, they didnt cry in the right place or they could have been filmed throughout'.

I wonder what some of you would make of a video of a Chinese Wake? As they celebrate the life of the deceased, throw money into the grave, and yes they are sometimes smiling whilst doing it. Although even this depends on the individual. The point im trying to make is everyone (no matter where they come from) is different and it is unfair to demonise someone because thier behaviour doesnt appear to be 'normal'. After all what is normal in this circumstance?

With all due respect, that's crap. There are some normal ways to show grief and there are some normal ways not to. If a woman's husband dies and she starts spending the insurance money like its going out of style, people are going to talk. If a woman dies and the man suddenly marries his 21 year old secretary, people are going to wonder. If a woman's two children are murdered and the woman dances around their graves wearing stripper clothes and chewing gum and laughing, people are going to wonder what the hell is going on.

There is no such thing as normal when it comes to dealing with grief. How can you say that thats crap? Everyone is different if you like it or not. Not everyone has the same opinions and not everyone behaves or reacts the same way.
With all due respect who are you to decide what is normal and what is not? Other peoples opinions are the last thing on peoples minds when they have just lost someone close! Therefore it is really unfair to pass judgement on something of this nature.

There is no such thing as normal when it comes to dealing with grief. How can you say that thats crap? Everyone is different if you like it or not. Not everyone has the same opinions and not everyone behaves or reacts the same way.
With all due respect who are you to decide what is normal and what is not? Other peoples opinions are the last thing on peoples minds when they have just lost someone close! Therefore it is really unfair to pass judgement on something of this nature.

Nicola, I am sure you have seen this video...did you see ANY evidence that Darlie had been crying just minutes before at the "serious" graveside memorial? There is no way people can sob and break down as they say Darlie did and then just a few minutes later have no blood shot eyes or a red nose.

I don't think I'm the one who decides. I think that society decides.

A Chinese wake is a cultural ritual. It would be considered abnormal not to do those things in China. Darlie's behavior at the graveside was culturally abnormal for the US. (Especially considering that her children were murdered 8 days before.)

I'm familiar with other culture's celebration of life after death. Heck, in New Orleans it's done all the time with jazz bands. In not one culture that I'm familiar with have I ever seen a silly string demonstration over a child's grave. Toys, favorite clothing etc..perhaps.

Silly string aside, even if there hadn't been silly string there, Darlie's demeanor at the time of their death, at their gravesite and in court as well as evidence pointing solely to her is what convinced a lot of people including LE and myself that she accomplished the murders.

I can see why you all believe that she murdered her children and the other points you all make surrounding the whole issue are well thought out and make sense. Although in my own mind I cannot 100% believe that she committed this crime - there are still issues that need to be resolved before anyone, IMO, can say that she is *100% guilty. As far as im concerned the whole 'graveside thing' can be explained by individual personality - concerning both Darlie and the way she is percieved by others. The fact is that this crime needs to be investigated more fully. IMO Darlies defence team need access to the evidence so they can test it fully. Only then would the process be fair, in my mind, afterall the proection has had thier testing and had a chance to present the outcomes of this testing. I believe that there may well be evidence to support Darlies claim of what happened that night. It is in the interest of justice that she be allowed to defend herself fairly after all her life is on the line. As someone else hear mentioned not long ago, it would be a crime if it was discovered that she was innocent only after she has been executed.
If, after all answers are satisfied, she is proved to be *100% guilty then I would be first in the queue to send her to her death.

* guilty beyond reasonale doubt.

The fact remains that her defense team DID in fact have access to the same evidence that the prosecution had. They had the ability to test it. They also were able to exhume those two children in order to have their prints taken to see if they matched with the "unknown" print, that ultimately was determined if I recall correctly to be that of an adult. Darlie's had her chances, and within her appeals process that's ongoing to be able to bring in "new" evidence in order to obtain a new trial. IMO there is none, and that's why she's not been granted a new trial. IMO if there was a new trial, with all of the evidence that exists, even without the silly string incident, that she'd be convicted once again.

I can see why you all believe that she murdered her children and the other points you all make surrounding the whole issue are well thought out and make sense. Although in my own mind I cannot 100% believe that she committed this crime - there are still issues that need to be resolved before anyone, IMO, can say that she is *100% guilty. As far as im concerned the whole 'graveside thing' can be explained by individual personality - concerning both Darlie and the way she is percieved by others. The fact is that this crime needs to be investigated more fully. IMO Darlies defence team need access to the evidence so they can test it fully. Only then would the process be fair, in my mind, afterall the proection has had thier testing and had a chance to present the outcomes of this testing. I believe that there may well be evidence to support Darlies claim of what happened that night. It is in the interest of justice that she be allowed to defend herself fairly after all her life is on the line. As someone else hear mentioned not long ago, it would be a crime if it was discovered that she was innocent only after she has been executed.
If, after all answers are satisfied, she is proved to be *100% guilty then I would be first in the queue to send her to her death.

* guilty beyond reasonale doubt.

Nicola - What evidence are you talking about? What evidence hasn't been tested? I believe and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, that the evidence that Darlie keeps bringing up has been tested. The unidentified fingerprint(s) has been tested and retested. The only person that wasn't ruled out was Darlie. The pubic hair...please that hair has NOTHING to do with this crime. The blood - well the only blood found in that home was Devon, Damon and Darlie - not Darin nor anyone else.

So Nicola what evidence are your referring to?

In regards to Darlie grieving, may I ask, have you ever lost anyone close to you, like immed. family? I just can't understand how you can defend her actions that day as grieving. In fact I have never been to one funeral were a child has passed and ANYONE in attendance act like Darlie did.

Close! If you've already confessed to God and THEN continue to deny it to everyone else, aren't you really just trying to fake it to the Almighty? I mean he knew the truth from the very beginning, but they say you can't ask for forgiveness for a sin and keep sinning the same sin, right? If she confesses to God that she killed her kids, yet sins by lying to the world about the crime, she's committing a sin to cover up another sin. It would seem to negate the confession and the asking to be forgiven by God. How could the person make amends if she doesn't confess to the world? How many others have been victimized by Darlie by her continued refusal to tell the truth? Do I have you completely confused yet? LOL

I agree with you when it comes to NORMAL people, however we all know that Darlie was no where near normal. Darlie's thinking (OCIMO) was that she wasn't committing the sin over by claiming innocence to the world. To her the sin was the actual killing and since she has already asked for and received forgiveness in her mind who cares about the rest of the world and what they think, besides lying is just a lie (a tiny sin as felt by some). I know it doesn't make any sense but we all know that Darlie thought she was above many.

I am not saying she didn't do it. I feel %100 sure she did. But my dad died 10 days before I got married. I was 20, and had been planning this for a full year. He died of a massive heart attack, and was gone even before he got to the hospital. I still got married 10 days later, and there is video and pictures showing me laughing and smiling. But in defense of myself, my dr had me so drugged I don't remember much of the actual wedding and only parts of the reception, and I was a mess for at least 1 year after. Maybe she was drugged up, and that is why she was able to "laugh and joke" at the graves.

I am not saying she didn't do it. I feel %100 sure she did. But my dad died 10 days before I got married. I was 20, and had been planning this for a full year. He died of a massive heart attack, and was gone even before he got to the hospital. I still got married 10 days later, and there is video and pictures showing me laughing and smiling. But in defense of myself, my dr had me so drugged I don't remember much of the actual wedding and only parts of the reception, and I was a mess for at least 1 year after. Maybe she was drugged up, and that is why she was able to "laugh and joke" at the graves.

Who different spectrum of emotions there, IMO. I lost both of my parents a month apart. It was difficult and I was a wreck. However, losing both of YOUR CHILDREN in a brutal murder that you walked away from cannot be compared.

By the way, my condolences on the loss of your father. Its very difficult.

sn, I think there is a world world of difference between you losing your father to a sudden but explainable death, and Darlie having her children brutally murdered. Plus, YOUR wedding would have been a joyous occasion, celebrated by you and your loved ones, friends, etc. The graveside gathering was to remember the dead boy's birthday. Not a cause for celebration I would have thought.

sn, I think there is a world world of difference between you losing your father to a sudden but explainable death, and Darlie having her children brutally murdered. Plus, YOUR wedding would have been a joyous occasion, celebrated by you and your loved ones, friends, etc. The graveside gathering was to remember the dead boy's birthday. Not a cause for celebration I would have thought.

Yours and Jeana's comments are so true. You can't compare the two. Supporters try and try to tell people that "you don't know how you would react to the that situation" so how can people judge Darlie on this particular "scene". These same supporters seem to forget (or maybe they didn't see the footage) the hysterical breakdown Darlie had when they finally arrested her. Her face is blotchy, red, smeared, her eyes are red and it is very obvious that she was/had been crying pretty hard. Now this was just a couple of days after the graveyard service so logically she would still be DRUGGED and out of it during her arrest. WHY THE EXTREME DIFFERENCE IN EMOTION? I would go to jail any day than rather loose my babies OFMO:waitasec:

Yes that's true and we've all seen Darlie's grief. Just look at her mugshot, her pasty white face with tears running down her cheeks. There's the grief Nic, for herself.

The extreme difference in emotion in my oinion is, at the graveside services, Darlie "thought" she had rid herself of "her poblem in her mind, by the murder of her two boys, who knows what thoughts were going through her head at the gravesite. DArlie of course seemed happy, she felt she was "fre" and had gotten away with murder, which somehow improved her life in her mind. When she was arrested for the murder, she then knew that "the gig" was up, she was not believed, she was investigated, no one beleived "her story" and she was going to be "tried" for the crime that she committed. She was going to held accountable and responsible and everyone will "think" that she killed her kids, which of course in my opinion she did. The "facade" was ending, the "superficial" would now see the light of day and it would be made public.

Darlie only felt "sorry" for herself, because she was now arrested and would stand trial in a very public forum. Tried and convicted.

My father died the day my brother got married. Yes we all went to the reception and laughed and cried and danced, etc. You cope, it's what you do.

The news video at the graves is not what convicted Darlie. It is circumstantial evidence and the prosecution had every right to show it to the jury and enter it into evidence. Had Darlie been sobbing and crying at a graveside party prior to, her defence would have entered that tape to impeach the prosecution. Obviously, they had nothing...obvious to me anyway.

Darlie's arrogance is what convicted her along with hard evidence of her guilt. She practically left a roadmap of what she did that night. Blood doesn't lie.

<snipped>Had Darlie been sobbing and crying at a graveside party prior to, her defence would have entered that tape to impeach the prosecution. <snipped>
One would think a "top-notch defense attorney" like Mulder supposedly was would have shown the other tape in its entirety. One would think "one of the best defense attorneys" money could buy would have made a big deal out of the fact that two of the lead detectives had to plead the Fifth amendment to keep from incriminating themselves on the stand concerning this tape that wasn't shown. But Mulder didn't do either one. Go figure. :loser:is what comes to my mind when I think of Mulder.

One would think a "top-notch defense attorney" like Mulder supposedly was would have shown the other tape in its entirety. One would think "one of the best defense attorneys" money could buy would have made a big deal out of the fact that two of the lead detectives had to plead the Fifth amendment to keep from incriminating themselves on the stand concerning this tape that wasn't shown. But Mulder didn't do either one. Go figure. :loser:is what comes to my mind when I think of Mulder.
Her appeals attorneys weren't/aren't Mulder, and even they are arguing technicalities and not that she was innocent or that new evidence exists. SO if anything like a tape of Darlie crying before the gravesite events were able to be presented, it's likely they'd have presented it before now, but in the totality of the evidence, it wasn't the silly string that convicted her, it was blood evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mykand
Back