GUILTY WI - 6 dead, 61 injured after car rams into crowd at holiday parade, Waukesha, 21 Nov 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point he brought up of the right to a speedy trial is interesting. In one of the IN cases I've followed, the defendant has been in jail for almost 7 years before finally being brought to trial. He knows he's going away for life so he probably has been in no hurry to push the issue. I've only ever heard one judge say he wouldn't tolerate delays because they owed the defendant a speedy trial in case he was innocent. As it should be.

In another trial, the defendant told the judge at least twice he wanted a speedy trial and the judge more or less talked him out of it. Said that was a problem with Covid and it could hinder his atty. I don't know if a non-speedy trial ever benefits the defendant.

I thought standby counsel was required for pro se defendants in criminal trials unless the defendant rejected it (like the recent FL trial with the pro se defendant who kidnapped/raped his ex-wife.) TIL this is not the case, at least not in WI.

I thought standby counsel was required for pro se defendants in criminal trials unless the defendant rejected it (like the recent FL trial with the pro se defendant who kidnapped/raped his ex-wife.) TIL this is not the case, at least not in WI.

I believe it was explained at length in court, just prior to the trial starting. ( Sept 28th) I watched a bit of this on L&C's utube channel. The state will NOT provide standby council through the public defenders office. ( Which was DB's only option)

ETA: DB was informed of this verbally, in writing and clarified he was given this notice, before severing his PD attorneys.

I believe it was explained at length in court, just prior to the trial starting. ( Sept 28th) I watched a bit of this on L&C's utube channel. The state will NOT provide standby council through the public defenders office. ( Which was DB's only option)

ETA: DB was informed of this verbally, in writing and clarified he was given this notice, before severing his PD attorneys.

I just looked at L&C's playlist for this case and it looks like I missed lots of pretrial hearings. I'm going to try to find that one.

The only way I endured AH's testimony in the Depp v Heard case was by consuming megapints of Graeter's ice cream. I'm at least thankful the words of ***** (known as DaReLL BrOOks) isn't requiring the same. Otherwise, I'd have to spend the rest of my life in stretchy pants on a treadmill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95