GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What do you think?

Yes, and for those people not convinced of his guilt, above I posted Miu's wife testimony where she states he went over to the boys not ONCE...but TWICE, and per Eric Von Williams testimony which I also posted above, they had decided AS A GROUP not to approach the boys, and then EVW told LE he felt Miu would be seen as a predator by the boys. Obviously, Miu did not listen to his group.

AND per Miu's wife in jail house phone conversations Miu BLAMED his group for not coming to help him. SO no accountability and no remorse. IMO.

So, Miu would not leave, intimidating the boys, but wanted his adult friends to come over...to come over to do what? a bunch of grown men against some teens???

Miu did not approve of the teens and wanted to do something about it.

Totally agree! And now the members of the mob will feel vindicated for their actions and continue to behave the same way in similar situations.

No winners here and society just keeps taking little backward steps…. IMO.

This is a total assumption and a dangerous one. How do you know this? Is this how you would feel if you were one of these teens? They lost a friend that day.

A lot of people are making the mistake of projecting all over this case. Example: Kids are entitled brats these days therefor these specific kids deserved it. Every single generation says this about the next generation of teens. I live in the biggest city in the US. I'm middle aged now. When I see a roving pack of boisterous teens I cross the street. Heck, as a teen I would do that if I didn't know them.

If anything, a bunch of loose cannons crossed each other that day - and that includes Miu. You can hear the kids telling him to leave the space they were occupying. Telling him to stop touching them in the space they were occupying and then reacting by trying to make him leave the space they were occupying when he started assualting them. If anything, Miu was the entitled one here. He didn't like being told no and he got stabby.

I honestly cannot parse how someone could think the teens somehow might feel "vindicated". Some were gravely injured. One is dead. Miu actually proved them to be correct... danger was headed their way and straight towards them. Unless they had been trained in de-escalation the situation was going nowhere but south. Miu, as an adult, should have known better.

I'm not going to even get into Miu's social media posts. The guy seemed to be itching to use a weapon.

What I have learned from this case and from the people who are also following this case: pretty much no one has a fondness for teenagers.
Dont count me in! They are our future, and a lot of their behavior is peer pressure, immaturity, under the influence (it is the norm for teenagers to experience with drinking, etc.). Being around young people (family members) can be a blessing. I dont encourage bullying. I've been bullied. I advocate for kindness. However, young people will learn too, like we all did, right?

Older people bully too. People in middle school/high school really dont change (sometimes) they still bully as adults, not all but most some still do and will not change their stripes.
moo

Ok, so you agree... it started because he was IN THEIR WAY. Not looking for little girls.. just in their way.

So next time you walk thru a grocery store and you accidently block their cart with yours in an aisle... and they start yelling at you and videotaping you... calling you a thief, or child molester, and their friends all start too, will you just stand there? Or will you respond? Or would you run away? I wouldn't run. Running to me would mean everyone in that store hearing that would think i'm guilty for taking and running away and not standing up for myself, right?

When is enough? When are people going to stop lying for attention? When will people be held accountable for their own actions? Or are we just supposed to now believe EVERYTHING people shout? I see TONS of KIDS being pulled over for traffic tickets that use the "your hurting me, I can't breathe' defense before the cop even touches them. Its astounding to me what we as a nation have 'learned' in the last 5+ years on how to blame everyone else instead of taking responsibility.

First of all, this fictional scenario you have penned isn't equivalent. It is what is called a straw man argument. Are you looking to make a point about society in general? People have to be able to separate their own personal views of society from a court case to reach a verdict. You aren't a juror on this trial (at least I assume you aren't) and that is a good thing.

Dont count me in! They are our future, and a lot of their behavior is peer pressure, immaturity, under the influence (it is the norm for teenagers to experience with drinking, etc.). Being around young people (family members) can be a blessing. I dont encourage bullying. I've been bullied. I advocate for kindness. However, young people will learn too, like we all did, right?

Older people bully too. People in middle school/high school really dont change (sometimes) they still bully as adults, not all but most some still do and will not change their stripes.
moo

Oh I agree with you completely. They are our future. And perhaps I should have added "not including family". Anyway, I'm not speaking in absolutes here so I used the word "fondness" instead of "hate" or something similar. I don't have anything against teens in general and I empathize with the position they are left in financially and socially - I can't imagine what it would be like going through those years with everything being on camera and being bombarded with opinions from anonymous people on social media. That is not how I grew up. That said, I don't have a fondness for packs of yelling teens now or when I was one myself. Doesn't mean I hate em and it doesn't mean I think they are inherently doing something wrong or bad or I want them to stop being typical teens, I just don't want to hang out with them!

As one advocate of kindness (I try to at least!) to another, hello out there!

I have not watched most of this trial testimony. Were there blood alcohol levels for Miu or anyone else or were those not taken?

Reactions: IDK
This is a total assumption and a dangerous one. How do you know this? Is this how you would feel if you were one of these teens? They lost a friend that day.

A lot of people are making the mistake of projecting all over this case. Example: Kids are entitled brats these days therefor these specific kids deserved it. Every single generation says this about the next generation of teens. I live in the biggest city in the US. I'm middle aged now. When I see a roving pack of boisterous teens I cross the street. Heck, as a teen I would do that if I didn't know them.

If anything, a bunch of loose cannons crossed each other that day - and that includes Miu. You can hear the kids telling him to leave the space they were occupying. Telling him to stop touching them in the space they were occupying and then reacting by trying to make him leave the space they were occupying when he started assualting them. If anything, Miu was the entitled one here. He didn't like being told no and he got stabby.

I honestly cannot parse how someone could think the teens somehow might feel "vindicated". Some were gravely injured. One is dead. Miu actually proved them to be correct... danger was headed their way and straight towards them. Unless they had been trained in de-escalation the situation was going nowhere but south. Miu, as an adult, should have known better.

I'm not going to even get into Miu's social media posts. The guy seemed to be itching to use a weapon.
I labelled it IMO, as WS requires each of us to do. I hope each and every poster will be careful and label their opinions as such.

I suppose the argument could be that he was feeling for his knife in his pocket in case he was attacked. That might be reasonable to protect yourself.
I'm not from the US, so I'm surpised it is so normalized, that someone - who is not a member of a gang - would carry a knife in his swimsuit for an afternoon of fun and drinking on the river.

IMO, wherever men routinely carry knives, stabbings are inevitable. Male honour and pride is so easily wounded. And if the man believes he doesn't have to communicate with others to diffuse a situation, because he can always just stab them, he doesn't use ordinary communication, he doesn't even threaten them with the knife to get them to back off, he just passively waits until the insult goes far enough, and then pulls out the secret weapon and kills.

JMO

This photo quote is from thread page 24. I see Miu's face is blank, in shock - IMO it is a far stretch to see anger or rage, no red face, he wasn't even yelling and cursing at them. His mouth is in grimace, neck is stiff, and his whole spine and neck are tensed backward away from the assaulting Schuman. Miu's arm with the knife in hand remains stiffly in front of him. From my chair, it appears that Schuman impaled himself on Miu's knife, Schuman's own body weight adding the force whereby a 3-inch blade results in a greater than 4-inch wound. Additionally Schuman's .219 BAC plus his physical actions indicates his comfort and experience level with alcohol, eg an alcohol 'virgin' would be passed out, not even standing.
Bbm.
Oh my goodness.
It's highly, highly doubtful that Isaac impaled himself on NM's knife !
Agree to disagree on this point.
The jury (imo) felt that this teen was viciously stabbed far beyond what his actions deserved.
Omo.

I'm not from the US, so I'm surpised it is so normalized, that someone - who is not a member of a gang - would carry a knife in his swimsuit for an afternoon of fun and drinking on the river.

IMO, wherever men routinely carry knives, stabbings are inevitable. Male honour and pride is so easily wounded. And if the man believes he doesn't have to communicate with others to diffuse a situation, because he can always just stab them, he doesn't use ordinary communication, he doesn't even threaten them with the knife to get them to back off, he just passively waits until the insult goes far enough, and then pulls out the secret weapon and kills.

JMO
A lot of people carry smaller knives just for utility type stuff- cutting a rope; cutting a sandwich; opening packages; cutting stuff for fishing or gardening and they would not use them against a human. Not sure how many people would rely on a knife staying in a bathing suit pocket however- seems likely to fall out. Knives are less popular now with metal detectors at air ports and various govt buildings. People used to have one on say, a key ring and it really was "no big deal." IMO.

Wow I had no idea the lesser reckless charge carried such a high penalty, I saw something like 40 years for the lesser charge NM is most likely going to spend the rest of his life in prison. For some reason I assumed it would be around 20 years or so
If you are 54, 20 yrs takes you to 74. Watching his testimony I think he has some paranoia. It is weird that he seems to have not acted out before but maybe this kind of thing was inevitable for him- if these kids had not bullied him, maybe it would have been road rage the next week, I dunno. IMO.

Bbm.
Oh my goodness.
It's highly, highly doubtful that Isaac impaled himself on NM's knife !
Agree to disagree on this point.
The jury (imo) felt that this teen was viciously stabbed far beyond what his actions deserved.
Omo.
you're right that absolutely did not happen. he was attacked by NM imo and the jury felt the same way

A lot of people carry smaller knives just for utility type stuff- cutting a rope; cutting a sandwich; opening packages; cutting stuff for fishing or gardening and they would not use them against a human. Not sure how many people would rely on a knife staying in a bathing suit pocket however- seems likely to fall out. Knives are less popular now with metal detectors at air ports and various govt buildings. People used to have one on say, a key ring and it really was "no big deal." IMO.
Yes, I used to carry a much smaller swiss army knife on a ring with a whistle and compass in my backpack for hiking. And I have a garden knife with my gardening tools. I'd probably have a fish scaling knife in a bait box, etc. To carry one big knife all the time, for everything, isn't necessary unless you're survival man.

Seems especially weird when swimming, and I think he knew it was there all the time, he didn't just remember he had it at the last minute.

JMO

You can really see the weight loss in these attachments. I'm sure that being incarcerated (jail) &/or having done what he did is taking a toll ... Going to prison will even be worse than jail. moo
https://twitter.com/48hours
@48hours

The suspect stabbed five people on the river on July 30, 2022 — killing 17-year-old Isaac Schuman and injuring four others.

You can really see the weight loss in these attachments. I'm sure that being incarcerated (jail) &/or having done what he did is taking a toll ... Going to prison will even be worse than jail. moo
https://twitter.com/48hours
@48hours

The suspect stabbed five people on the river on July 30, 2022 — killing 17-year-old Isaac Schuman and injuring four others.

If anyone wants to know what Miu thinks about the river: it is a sewer. He had dragged his wife away the 1st time they were at the river. SO why did he go to the river again?? And what he thinks about the boys: @50 min, but the whole interview worth watching to see the real Mr Miu.

Count the lies:

Apple River stabbing trial: Nicolae Miu's interrogation video [FULL]​

I dont follow a lot of trials, but I am curious to know what prison he will be going to and what kind of prison it is. I am wondering what kind of experience he will have there....I have heard people that harm kids dont do well in prison.

Has anyone read the book, " The Gift of Fear"?
If not, I highly recommend this book.
I know, off topic, but could not agree more! Particularly for girls! Great gift for them. Trust your intuition, don't be "embarrassed" into "helping" someone, a grown man doesn't need help from a teen girl-someone else can help him. Girls are too often conditioned to be be meek and polite, i.e. a perfect victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe
Back