GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the court records on the NBC15 website, it looks like they are going to waive the preliminary hearing. Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Does this mean he plans to plead guilty?

I think the preliminary hearing is usually where they bring some evidence to the judge and it's decided if they move forward. The defense knows there is enough to move forward and they waived the hearing. I believe in that hearing more evidence can come out and when there is strong evidence it isn't helpful for the defense. I found this by googling:

When Does it Make Sense to Waive the Preliminary Hearing?.

The defendant is guilty of more than the charged offenses and fears further charges from the potentially damning evidence that may come out at the preliminary hearing. ... By waiving the prelim, the defendant may prevent the testimony from coming in when trial time rolls around

So basically CH is worried about additional charges, likely for Krista, and would rather face the consequences for just the Bart-related charges.

I think DCSO found something or is getting close to finding something if CH and/or his attorney are this concerned about the prelim.

FMRRXQWLXZDSLC6ZEWLFRCECWM.PNG

Chandler Halderson to head to trial
Here is a better look at CH.

So basically CH is worried about additional charges, likely for Krista, and would rather face the consequences for just the Bart-related charges.

I think DCSO found something or is getting close to finding something if CH and/or his attorney are this concerned about the prelim.
I haven't been able to keep up, did they find Krista?

:mad: Why isn't this dude talking? He could make things a lot easier on himself if he'd just tell what he did and where to find his parents. More importantly, a confession would help ease the pain and anguish for B & K's loved ones, especially his brother.

:mad: Why isn't this dude talking? He could make things a lot easier on himself if he'd just tell what he did and where to find his parents. More importantly, a confession would help ease the pain and anguish for B & K's loved ones, especially his brother.
I think his attorney will enter a not guilty plea at the arraignment. His next move should be scheduling a psych eval. Depending on the outcome of the eval, he could try to negotiate a plea deal at that point?

It makes me so angry that he doesn’t seem to care at all about how much he is hurting MH and the rest of the family. Where’s the “I’ll tell you the whole story with an attorney there to guide me” that he claimed he would do on 7/8?

It makes me so angry that he doesn’t seem to care at all about how much he is hurting MH and the rest of the family. Where’s the “I’ll tell you the whole story with an attorney there to guide me” that he claimed he would do on 7/8?
My guess is the attorney suggested he not tell the whole story.

Preliminary Hearing:
" The prosecutor must show that enough evidence exists to charge the defendant. Preliminary hearings are not always required, and the defendant can choose to waive it.

It must be held within 14 days of the initial appearance if the defendant is being held in jail. If the defendant is out on bail, it must be scheduled within 21 days of the initial appearance.

The preliminary hearing is like a mini-trial. The prosecution will call witnesses and introduce evidence, and the defense can cross-examine witnesses. However, the defense cannot object to using certain evidence, and in fact, evidence is allowed to be presented at a preliminary hearing that could not be shown to a jury at trial."

So they know there is evidence. I am guessing his attorney told him not to keep talking like he wanted, but cause it would probably bring additional charges like someone talked about. Probably as well as to keep some things under wraps they feel may help them in the future trial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back