GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, I have some things to say now that I’ve stopped crying and have collected myself a bit.

First off CH is a depraved piece of $h%+ and even though I’m for prison abolition I kind of want to keep the Supermax wing at Boscobel open for him, he’ll probably find kindred spirits there.

Secondly I’m praying for MH and the rest of the family to find some peace and closure and I encourage you to do so as well if that’s your tradition. Krista seemed like such a kind hearted soul from what people have said about her on SM and Bart sounded like he was a great dad. I hope they find an up north cabin in heaven with lots of books and deer to hunt and other things they loved.

I really, really hope the remains that KB mentioned from OSC are the rest of BH and KH and not more people, because this case is horrific and tragic as is.

KB is recommending adding one more count each of 1st degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse and hiding a corpse. As of now those are not listed on the inmate roster at DCJ as new arrests for CH yet, I am assuming they are prepping a new CC with the new evidence and waiting for the ME to examine and ID the OSC remains.

In the presser KB was very hesitant to say whether or not CH acted alone. I am really worried there still might be someone else out on the streets in town who helped commit this depraved crime.

Lastly KB mentioned that the JC landfill search was wrapped up Wednesday but did not mention if there was anything of evidentiary value found there.

KB stated that the new remains were found “on the property” which could mean the pond.
I don't think the pond is on their property? I assumed it was community property.

From this article the pond is described as "near the Halderson's home": Sheriff: Krista Halderson remains located; New homicide charge recommended:
[...]
MORE REMAINS FOUND

Barrett did note Friday that investigators found more human remains on Bart and Krista Halderson’s property as the search of their home continues. Those remains have not been identified and Barrett did not say if they were found inside the house or outdoors.

Dive teams are also still searching a pond near the Halderson’s home, Barrett added. Last week, they along with a cadaver dog were spotted combing the pond, which was eventually drained, for evidence in the case. An additional search of a waste management landfill in Watertown wrapped up Wednesday.

Savanna Tomei
@SavannaTomei

BREAKING: The remains found in the town of Roxbury are identified as Krista Halderson. Her son Chandler Halderson will now face another first-degree homicide charge in her death. He’s already facing charges for the death of his father.

Savanna Tomei
@SavannaTomei

Additional charges are being recommended against Bart & Krista’s son. So he will likely be facing six total counts: -1st degree homicide (x2) -mutilating a corpse (x2) -hiding a corpse (x2)

Savanna Tomei
@SavannaTomei

Other remains were found in the home. It sounds like it will be a lengthy process for investigators (in crime scene units, scientists) to determine whose they are.

Savanna Tomei
@SavannaTomei

Still no word on a potential motive.

Savanna Tomei
@SavannaTomei

As of right now, authorities do not have any other suspects or people of interest. However, they’re also not ruling out that possibility. If you know anything about the case that could help investigators, you can leave a tip: 608-284-6900

Savanna Tomei
@SavannaTomei

Searches are continuing in the pond behind the Haldersons’ Windsor home. Property searches have been “exhaustive”

Savanna Tomei
@SavannaTomei

About 40 investigators are working on the case, and that’s not counting “peripheral” help from other employees

Savanna Tomei
@SavannaTomei

Sheriff Barrett couldn’t tell us when the Haldersons were killed, whether they were killed at the same time, etc.

Savanna Tomei
@SavannaTomei

Now a content warning, this is very gruesome, and very sad: Authorities say Halderson dismembered his parents. As they start the very long process of identifying those “additional” remains found in the home, these remains are likely other parts of Bart and Krista.

I haven't been able to keep up with this case. Are there any indications Chandler will pursue a insanity defense?
I haven't seen any indication to date. I'm thinking that the defense could go that path given the history of concussion. I'm pretty sure there will be additional charges since the discovery of KH's remains along with the additional remains of the father.

Nothing new to report over the last couple weeks - KB appears to be more focused on jail reform announcements with his public facing comments than anything regarding this case. I’d assume we hear more at the arraignment with regards to new charges but the silence is concerning especially given that there were more remains found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn
Back