GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chandler Halderson murder trial set to begin in one week
-
"MADISON, Wis. — The trial for Chandler Halderson, the Dane County man accused of killing and dismembering his parents earlier this year, is set to begin in one week.

Jury selection for the case is scheduled for Monday, January 3, with the trial itself expected to take as long as three weeks."

Wow, that was fast.
As far as I can tell he invoked his right to a speedy trial AND the DA has enough evidence tied to him to prosecute - the faster this is all over, the faster MH can continue the healing process. I've got a feeling that CH is not a popular figure at the DCJ and most of the other inmates likely want him transferred to a higher security facility IMO.

Wanted to add a non trial related comment here about the Haldersons' OSC property and the pond because I know there were people that had questions about it. From what I have been able to gather after piecing together info from land parcels in the area, pond access is likely part of the deed to BH and KH's house, although it is unclear whether or not their lot has bottomland ownership or not. This means that the search of the pond is likely part of the search of the OSC property. This means that it's pretty likely that if more remains and evidence were found "on the property" they could have been submerged in water. CH is a very strong swimmer who could have gotten a college scholarship at a D2 or D3 level had he wanted to, so 12 feet of water at max depth per this article would be a piece of cake for him to maneuver through with evidence/parts.

Looking forward to this one. Gonna go try and get a good night's sleep. If Omicron weren't an issue I would consider driving to Madison (less than an hour away from me) to be in person but gonna stay safe at home on my couch.

EXPLAINER: What we can (and cannot) show during the Chandler Halderson trial
If you have questions on why we aren’t showing something during the trial, chances are it is because the judge has not allowed it.

Here’s a list of rules the judge ordered when it comes to the trial:

• Live streams of the trial are allowed, but only when the jury is present and seated. If the jury is excused so attorneys can argue points in front of the judge, the live stream needs to cut away.
  • A maximum of three cameras may be present in the media room due to limited space. Media organizations can work together to organize a single “pool” feed if they choose to do so.
  • Questions to individual jurors may not be recorded or live streamed. To help ensure this, that process is being held in a separate room that is still open to the public, but with no cameras allowed.
  • Cameras are only allowed to capture images or video of counsel, the defendant, counsel tables, the witness stand and witnesses, the screen on which exhibits are shown to the jury, the bench, the well of the courtroom between the bench, counsel tables and jury box, as well as a general view of the courtroom from the counsel tables to the witness stand.
  • Things cameras are not allowed to show during the trial: members of the public attending the trial, close-ups of the counsel table that would show details on written documents or photos, or any images of the jurors’ faces.
Full ruling of trial content allowances attached below:

Attachments

• 2021CF001568-AO7915706_280614749273522371.pdf
    68.7 KB · Views: 4
judge reading rules to Jurors about what they should and shouldn't do, judge has a very fancy bowtie on, and is very well spoken

judge reading rules to Jurors about what they should and shouldn't do, judge has a very fancy bowtie on, and is very well spoken
His voice kind of reminds me of Levar Burton or someone similar on a Reading Rainbow type show. I hope this dude does children's audiobooks in his future lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn
Back