GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not surprised RE: pond draining. I’m also wondering if they’ve checked McCarthy Park because CH mentions “Sun Prairie” and that’s a pretty remote and unfinished area in that municipality.

Also I think it’s worth mentioning on here that last night around 8pm I saw 3-4 Town of Windsor LE vehicles going down 151 and turning on 1st Street near East High School - aka nowhere near their jurisdiction. Based off what I’ve seen with regards to case players’ property records and locations that LE has released, no player that’s been mentioned either in the criminal complaint or on the news has a residence or owns property near that area. The complaint says CM lives on the east side, but I’m fairly certain she would be further east than 151 & 1st given what the property records connected to Earlwyn imply.

More from the same link:

11:24Am
DCSO, along with DNR and a K9 from Madison Police, have begun searching a pond behind the Halderson home in Windsor. #Haldersoninvestigation #villageofwindsor #danesheriff

12:40PM
Because of the large law enforcement presence, we would ask the public to avoid the area.

1:41PM
The Sheriff’s Office will need to close Oak Springs Circle to through traffic. Residents will be able to get to and from their homes.

Not surprised RE: pond draining. I’m also wondering if they’ve checked McCarthy Park because CH mentions “Sun Prairie” and that’s a pretty remote and unfinished area in that municipality.

Also I think it’s worth mentioning on here that last night around 8pm I saw 3-4 Town of Windsor LE vehicles going down 151 and turning on 1st Street near East High School - aka nowhere near their jurisdiction. Based off what I’ve seen with regards to case players’ property records and locations that LE has released, no player that’s been mentioned either in the criminal complaint or on the news has a residence or owns property near that area. The complaint says CM lives on the east side, but I’m fairly certain she would be further east than 151 & 1st given what the property records connected to Earlwyn imply.
I may just be drawing a blank or I've missed it, but who is CM?

Chandler's gf.

BTW, TY for this post @doyoulovemepfg!
UPDATED PLAYER LIST AND TIMELINE

CURRENT CASE PLAYERS

CH
- Chandler Halderson
BH - Bart Halderson
KH - Krista Halderson
MH - Bart and Krista's older son
CM - Chandler Halderson's girlfriend
CL - Property owner in Cottage Grove, girlfriend of CM's mother
DK - neighbor witness
JM - neighbor witness
AS - Chandler Halderson's friend from Kansas
JD - DNR witness
KB - Dane County Sheriff Kalvin Barrett

TIMELINE AS OF 7/15/21:
6/12-6-13/2021
: AS visits CH from Kansas and gifts him a SKS Norinco rifle
7/1/2021: Last time anyone sees Bart or Krista Halderson at their home in Windsor.
*Criminal complaint states that 7/1 was "date of offense" for the murder charges*
7/2/2021: CH claims BH and KH "left with another couple" to go to Langlade County in the early morning.
Witnesses DK and JM notice both BH and KH have their cars in the driveway, they talk to CH and he mentions "blood everywhere"
CM provides CH with cleaning products
7/3/2021: CH is seen by witness JD walking away from his vehicle near DNR land in Sauk County.
7/4/2021: CH claims he received a text from KH saying they had arrived safely in Langlade County. CH says he had "heard from his parents" in a phone call with DK.
7/5/2021: Witness CL sees CH backing a Subaru Outback out with the hatch open at her wooded property in Cottage Grove while he was supposed to be swimming in her pool.
7/7/2021: 11:30 AM - BH and KH reported missing to DCSO by CH. Authorities start investigating and talking with friends, relatives and neighbors.
CH interviewed by deputies at OSC
7/8/2021: Morning - CH does interviews with Channel 3 and WKOW, appearing off camera.
Afternoon - DCSO finds dismembered torso of Bart Halderson on CL's property in Cottage Grove, "unidentifiable remains"
2:00 pm - CH hands off extra cabin keys to MH, who drives up to Langlade County to check for their parents
2:49 pm - CH approaches neighbor and asks if their Ring camera was able to capture the road or the OSC house
6:45 pm - Chandler Halderson arrested on suspicion of providing false information in a missing person investigation
9:30 pm - Chandler Halderson booked into jail
7/9/2021: 2pm - Sheriff KB press conference, announcement that "remains were found on a rural property in Dane County" as a result of the investigation, pending autopsy so medical examiner can follow COVID-19 protocols.
7/11/2021: Search warrant issued for Oak Springs Circle home that the Halderson family owns in Windsor
7/12/2021: 2:45 pm - Medical examiner discloses torso found in Cottage Grove is that of Bart Halderson, says he died of "homicidal violence"
2:45 pm - CH bail hearing, DDA requests $1 million bond, was only granted $10k because no criminal complaint was ready. State considering charges of 1st deg intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, hiding a corpse
4:15 pm - CH rearrested and held on murder related charges
7/14/2021: Unidentified human remains found at DNR location in Sauk County where JD saw CH on 7/3.
7/15/2021: CH charged with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, hiding a corpse, providing false info on a kidnapping
3:30 pm - KB announces new information about DNR location, answers questions about CM's possible involvement and reiterates investigation is very early and active

CH’s girlfriend. There were multiple mentions in the criminal complaint of her living on the east side of Madison. These LE vehicles were almost in the Tenney-Lapham neighborhood which borders downtown, and that wouldn’t strictly be considered east side unless you’re past East HS.

ETA its definitely debatable if that particular neighborhood is considered east side and as a lifelong west sider I have no horse in that race lmao

Last edited:
More from the same link:

11:24Am
DCSO, along with DNR and a K9 from Madison Police, have begun searching a pond behind the Halderson home in Windsor. #Haldersoninvestigation #villageofwindsor #danesheriff

12:40PM
Because of the large law enforcement presence, we would ask the public to avoid the area.

1:41PM
The Sheriff’s Office will need to close Oak Springs Circle to through traffic. Residents will be able to get to and from their homes.
Can someone put these in the media thread? Especially the pond image?

CH’s girlfriend. There were multiple mentions in the criminal complaint of her living on the east side of Madison. These LE vehicles were almost in the Tenney-Lapham neighborhood which borders downtown, and that wouldn’t strictly be considered east side unless you’re past East HS.

ETA its definitely debatable if that particular neighborhood is considered east side and as a lifelong west sider I have no horse in that race lmao

I used to live in that neighborhood (near James Madison Park), and it was considered "east side" in those days.

How close to Lake Mendota did those LE vehicles go?

I used to live in that neighborhood (near James Madison Park), and it was considered "east side" in those days.

How close to Lake Mendota did those LE vehicles go?
Not close at all from what I saw, I was taking 151 up to Baldwin and they were headed closer to the Fordem/Sherman area. I’d say the lake was 6-8 blocks from where they’d turned and Sherman and Packers both head away from the lake. Theoretically they could be going back to Windsor but most of the roads they’d be taking in that area lead near Cherokee Marsh and the Yahara River… FWIW East attendance area vs LaFollette if you know area high schools.

Was the girlfriend a recent girlfriend? I'd like to know what she has to say. <modsnip>What was going on in this young man's life that made him butcher his parents?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the girlfriend a recent girlfriend? I'd like to know what she has to say. <modsnip>What was going on in this young man's life that made him butcher his parents?

CM is a current girlfriend. It hasn’t been said how long they have been together, but BH’s remains were found on her mother’s girlfriend’s (CL) property.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch now: Authorities drain pond in connection with Windsor woman's disappearance, her husband's murder
Video and photos at link. Possible paywall.
Authorities on Thursday began draining the pond behind the Windsor home of a man accused in the killing of his father and suspected in the disappearance of his mother after a cadaver dog indicated the possible presence of human remains at the site.

Dane County Sheriff Kalvin Barrett said after the Madison police K-9 team took a dog onto the water, it "showed some particular behavior that leads us to believe there may or may not be some evidentiary items" in the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kat1970
Back