GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does judge tolerate his behavior? Does it have to do with avoiding future appeals about not getting a fair trial?
Yes. Truthfully though she has let it go too far with the distractions and disrespect. I’m not sure if the defendant can use his own disruptive behavior as an appeal reason. But if some one else was behaving like the defendant it certainly could be an appeal issue. My opinion only.

at this point I am thinking judge is making a mistake.

I know I’m one of the outliers in my opinion of this judge but I really don’t see the need to repeat herself about this stuff. She’s already put all of this stuff on the record. She should just move forward like how she started today. The record is clear! She gets assertive then doubts herself and takes several steps back imo. Move the case forward! End this! There is no way this case gets appealed in my lay opinion, which is prob not worth much. :)

she needs to appoint a "standby attorney"...I guess she does not want that option. This is getting stupid and I hope he does not press her so far that she makes a mistake in something she says.

What name is Darrell complaining about? "Don't call me by that name?"

There is no such thing as Standby counsel in this jurisdiction. It’s an administrative law. She explained that to him during the 2 hearings when he asked to represent himself. So there will be no standby counsel appointed.

At this point, I do not think he will stop the disruptive behavior or the constant arguing and disrespect. Why doesn't she just keep him in the other courtroom?
I don't know she put on the record that there is good audio/visual etc. and it is a valid way to continue the trial.I bet jurors are wondering the same.

Oh Good Lord! Look at the big baby not understanding what in contempt means.It's like someone needs to break it down to him what it means...along with every other word that he doesn't have a clue about.I almost wish someone would talk in a slow mode to him what they mean..show his ignorance of the law to him.

<modsnip: violence>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads