GUILTY WI - Dr. Beth Potter and husband murdered at UW Arboretum, Madison, March 2020 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Homie murdered his girlfriend's parents. It wasn't a mistake, he chose to do it.

Maybe he can see that it was a mistake now that he didn't gain "bands of cash," and I expect his current accommodations are not exactly on par with the Potter-Carre home or an AirBnB...or perhaps his mistake was getting caught?

jmho ymmv lrr

I am starting to worry that he might be treated leniently because of his background, and no doubt that's what he is hoping. There'll probably be plenty of do-gooders jumping up and down during his trial, banging on about not only his background, but also his youth and promise. It will be more about poor him than the poor victims. Well, IMO he had been given every chance to make something good of himself, and it didn't work. Because he is what he is, a vicious greedy unfeeling killer. Whether or not that is all his fault, it doesn't change the fact that nobody made him kill them, and he is far too dangerous to be let loose ever. Or maybe I'd be satisfied with 60 years (being kind). IMO

I am starting to worry that he might be treated leniently because of his background, and no doubt that's what he is hoping. There'll probably be plenty of do-gooders jumping up and down during his trial, banging on about not only his background, but also his youth and promise. It will be more about poor him than the poor victims. Well, IMO he had been given every chance to make something good of himself, and it didn't work. Because he is what he is, a vicious greedy unfeeling killer. Whether or not that is all his fault, it doesn't change the fact that nobody made him kill them, and he is far too dangerous to be let loose ever. Or maybe I'd be satisfied with 60 years (being kind). IMO
He is definitely too dangerous to be let loose. He couldn’t even get along with his attorneys. I’m guessing because of his arrogance. I guess he is oblivious to the fact that his accomplice has pleaded guilty and will testify against him. I wonder how he plans to address that small detail.

Good comment, I wonder if he does know that his accomplice will be testifying against him? Surely he must unless he has no access to news, and his attorneys have made a point of not telling him. Also the school friend (the one who heard the talk about the "bands of cash") is apparently the same one who heard the accused saying he was sure he got them both? It is difficult to see how he could not be found guilty.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wk...9979c0f6-b6cc-11ec-8a4f-9349657fb6f4.amp.html

MADISON (WKOW) -- A judge Thursday ruled photos showing murder defendant Khari Sanford posing with guns will be allowed to be shown to jurors in Sanford's upcoming double homicide trial.

Deputy Dane County District Attorney William Brown says some of the photos show Sanford with a gun resembling a Glock 357 handgun. Authorities say shell casings consistent with that model gun were found near victims Beth Potter, a Madison physician, and her husband Robin Carre in March 2020. They say the gun used in the fatal shootings of the couple has not been found.

In an order signed by Judge Ellen Berz this week, the media will only be allowed to take still photographs during the trial of Khari Sanford, which is scheduled to begin with jury selection on Monday, May 16. Television media will be allowed to watch and listen to the trial in-person, but are banned from recording or showing any video or audio from any part of the trial.

Linked article states that Dr. Potter's blood was found on Khari Sanford's pants! How does the defense plan to get around that one???

jmho ymmv lrr

Linked article states that Dr. Potter's blood was found on Khari Sanford's pants! How does the defense plan to get around that one???

jmho ymmv lrr
IMO defense knows he is guilty. They are just doing what defense attorneys do. Once his co-defendant Larrue testifies, the forensic evidence comes out, I can’t see any other verdict than guilty.

Interesting the judge in this case did not allow cameras in the courtroom. I guess the last paragraph explains her ruling.

“We have not in the past had secret courts in Wisconsin, and there’s no good reason to start now. Derek Chauvin, Kyle Rittenhouse, and the three men who killed Ahmaud Aubrey all received fair trials that were live-streamed,” he said in a statement responding to the verdict, adding that Sanford’s trial “should also be allowed to take place in the light of day.”

In addition to a four-decade-old state law allowing cameras in a courtroom, Dane Co. has precedent for also live-streaming in a high-profile case – a precedent from just a few months ago: the trial of Chandler Halderson.

In her ruling, Berz also addressed the Jan. 2022 Halderson trial, where she focused on the effects of livestreaming, saying that witnesses were “maligned, berated, harassed, insulted, and threatened.” She accused people watching the trial of leaving comments akin to a World Wrestling Federation bout on social media livestreams, one of the multiple livestreaming platforms where the trial was available and included some examples of comments and their effects cited by attorneys.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back