GUILTY WI - Dr. Beth Potter and husband murdered at UW Arboretum, Madison, March 2020 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
yeah …. just like many of the exuberant teens in those protests I’m sure. I was thinking of the charismatic leadership that this perp seems to hold, and the sort of grievance-mongering that supports this kind of leadership among much of his generation. Even if this perp lived a cushy life, a desire for leadership could lead him into crimes that capitalize on the zeitgeist - “burn it all down!”

There are disturbing winds blowing through our society now … a whole lot of stupid & selfish & inhumanely devoid of empathy. This kid with hate in his heart might’ve gotten nowhere a decade or two ago. But now this common criminal may be able to delusionally regard himself as a vanguard of the revolution ….

JMO, just speculating on you all’s comments TBH - I haven’t really followed this since the arrests. I’m generally here for the whodunit, plus I used to live in Madison… this one just feels too sick & toxic & disgusting to get into.

ITA. The toxicity of perceived victimhood + psychopathic tendencies is a dangerous cocktail. Sick and disgusting indeed.

And even more troubling, at least in my experience, when evil occurs in a place you know.

There must be a news blackout on this case.
When does the trial begin?
Can the public see it?
What role will the daughter play at trial!

IDK if there are any Wisconsin attorneys posting with us.

IDK how much information from the Wisconsin court site will link, Alijah J. Larrue's case is still open:

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Khari O. Sanford's case is open:

No upcoming dates BUT attorneys added:

Vera, Crystal A 05-18-2021
Lencioni, Tracey J 05-19-2021

Interesting, wonder who this victim is, one of the sons?

07-09-2021 Scheduling conference Berz, Ellen K Poirior, Jennifer

Additional text:
*IN CUSTODY* Defendant in court, in custody with Attorney Crystal A Vera. William Leroy Brown appeared for the State of Wisconsin. Alleged victim G.P. by phone. DE's request to set over trial dates. State takes no position. New SCO completed.

jmho ymmv lrr

IDK how much information from the Wisconsin court site will link, Alijah J. Larrue's case is still open:

Additional text:
*IN CUSTODY* Defendant in court, in custody with Attorney Crystal A Vera. William Leroy Brown appeared for the State of Wisconsin. Alleged victim G.P. by phone. DE's request to set over trial dates. State takes no position. New SCO completed.

jmho ymmv lrr
Vera and Lencione are public defenders.

Additional text:

jmho ymmv lrr
Thank you for the info!

I suppose Khari thinks he will be able to either 1) charm them said:
Well, he did not select them. In any event, they were appointed because of their lengthy experience with psychotic murderous types like Khari. A normal human society would give the death penalty shortly

Defendant in UW Arboretum double homicide writes judge about upbringing, 'winning this case' | Crime | madison.com

The actual letter is linked in the article. It was too large for me to attach. This guy is delusional.

Madison man accused in the execution-style shooting of a doctor and her husband in the UW Arboretum last year wrote the judge in his case a letter that doesn’t profess his guilt or innocence but describes a traumatic upbringing and says the man killed once counseled him in preparation for college.

Khari Sanford, 20, sent the letter to Dane County Circuit Judge Ellen Berz on Sept. 3. Berz is presiding over the case against Sanford and a co-defendant, who pleaded guilty in the deaths of Dr. Beth Potter and her husband, Robin Carre.

“This whole due process has been helping me learn more about myself, humble myself to understand that nothing is guaranteed in life, understand that I have to take advantage of all the time I have to not only give myself the best chance of winning this case, but to win in life,” Sanford wrote in a letter.

In May, Ali’jah Larrue, 19, pleaded guilty to two lesser counts of felony murder and is expected to testify in a trial against Sanford, who is charged with two counts of first-degree intentional homicide.

Prosecutors believe Sanford was the one who pulled the trigger on March 30, 2020, after the couple was kidnapped from their Near West Side home, driven to the Arboretum and shot. A jogger found the couple the next morning. Carre, 57, had died at the scene, and Potter, 52, was taken to a hospital where she died a short time later.

“The male victim in this case was a college councilor and helped me apply for scholarships and those colleges,” he wrote. “I just needed to make sure I finished high school on time, and I did while I sat in jail.”

Carre was an educator, a former coaching director for Regent Soccer and offered consulting services for college search and applications processes. Potter was a family medicine physician at the Wingra Family Medical Center.

“I will continue to grow my knowledge, remain humble and gain more wisdom from any mistakes I witness and commit,” Sanford wrote at the end of the letter. “Hopefully you read this Ms. B and understand how much of a major role you play in my life.”

SOOOO delusional.

This killer thinks he can win over the judge and "win" this case just because he's a self-described "humble" person and because he finished high school in prison? No.

Indeed.

I'm pretty sure that the "male victim" murdered by Sanford in this case would have counselled him that killing in the most cruel and humiliating way two people who had brought you into their home against their better judgement is not a way to "win in life."

Defendant in UW Arboretum double homicide writes judge about upbringing, 'winning this case' | Crime | madison.com

The actual letter is linked in the article. It was too large for me to attach. This guy is delusional.

Madison man accused in the execution-style shooting of a doctor and her husband in the UW Arboretum last year wrote the judge in his case a letter that doesn’t profess his guilt or innocence but describes a traumatic upbringing and says the man killed once counseled him in preparation for college.

Khari Sanford, 20, sent the letter to Dane County Circuit Judge Ellen Berz on Sept. 3. Berz is presiding over the case against Sanford and a co-defendant, who pleaded guilty in the deaths of Dr. Beth Potter and her husband, Robin Carre.

“This whole due process has been helping me learn more about myself, humble myself to understand that nothing is guaranteed in life, understand that I have to take advantage of all the time I have to not only give myself the best chance of winning this case, but to win in life,” Sanford wrote in a letter.

In May, Ali’jah Larrue, 19, pleaded guilty to two lesser counts of felony murder and is expected to testify in a trial against Sanford, who is charged with two counts of first-degree intentional homicide.

Prosecutors believe Sanford was the one who pulled the trigger on March 30, 2020, after the couple was kidnapped from their Near West Side home, driven to the Arboretum and shot. A jogger found the couple the next morning. Carre, 57, had died at the scene, and Potter, 52, was taken to a hospital where she died a short time later.

“The male victim in this case was a college councilor and helped me apply for scholarships and those colleges,” he wrote. “I just needed to make sure I finished high school on time, and I did while I sat in jail.”

Carre was an educator, a former coaching director for Regent Soccer and offered consulting services for college search and applications processes. Potter was a family medicine physician at the Wingra Family Medical Center.

“I will continue to grow my knowledge, remain humble and gain more wisdom from any mistakes I witness and commit,” Sanford wrote at the end of the letter. “Hopefully you read this Ms. B and understand how much of a major role you play in my life.”
It sounds like a college admissions essay explaining away a youthful faux pas rather than a letter to a judge about to try you for viciously murdering the couple he lived with and who provided him transportation and housing.

That letter!!! He's so arrogant, and never thinks of anyone but himself. And to refer to the "male victim" like he did - even if he hadn't murdered him (which I don't believe), a word of sympathy would have been nice. IMO

I am still steaming about his letter - "remain humble" - Sheesh!! And "any mistakes I made" - Sheesh again! And "I just needed to make sure I finished high school on time" - actually no, you've got all the time in the world. To him, this trial is just a speed hump on his triumphant path through life, and once everyone sees how superior he is, it will all just disappear .:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobAMac
Back