GUILTY WI - Dr. Beth Potter and husband murdered at UW Arboretum, Madison, March 2020 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"The defense attorneys say the conflict is was due to something Sanford did or said, which was not specified and also because he had filed a complaint against them with the state Office of Lawyer Regulation."

I have been trying to think what Khari could possibly have said or done - maybe he swore at them? maybe threatened them? threw something at them? spat at them? several of these things? repeatedly?

My guess would be that it’s more in line with Khari’s ‘philosophy’ such as he described on his FB. Think about some of the terror suspects that have gone to trial here in the US. They believed in the righteousness of their actions. In some cases, they were adamant to have representation by those who adhered to their same worldview.

On the other hand, these were cold,heartless, violent murders of two people that had befriended him and supported him financially. This is a young man who marched them, terrified... at gunpoint, barefoot, in underwear or night clothes, down a path on a bitterly cold night. Talk about premeditation! He was savoring this. He might have killed them in their home, but he wanted to humiliate them, exercise his supremacy over them.

Think about what that says about Khari’s character and emotional sensibilities. Put that into his “philosophical mindset.” This is monster-level behavior. So, knowing all too well the specifics, he may have just made threats against these attorneys or their families. That would certainly result in a conflict of interest for attorneys trying to assist him on gaining back his freedom.

I have been trying to think what Khari could possibly have said or done - maybe he swore at them? maybe threatened them? threw something at them? spat at them? several of these things? repeatedly?

I think it was deeper than being sworn at or having something thrown at them (providing it was not an axe).

The attorney(s) are all career criminal defense attorneys and my bet is that they are accustomed to a variety of bad behavior from their stressed clients.

Then factor in the judges admonishment to the attorney(s) that the charges are very serious and that having accepted the case, they cannot ask to relieved for "Client acts up and has an unpleasant personality" type reasons

Instead, I am thinking the reasons are either due to serious threats as you mentioned.

Or, following StMarysMead's well presented lead, "K" is refusing to let the attorney defend him using legal principals and is instead demanding that his defense be based on his self claimed status as a revolutionary, a POW, etc. etc.

Khari has friends in high places, remember. So maybe...not for him.
Does he really? Because, if he did, he wouldn't feel like he had to rob his girlfriend's parents, would he? Why not just ask his friends in high places? I honestly don't think he is that well connected and was just a kid that had a rough start in life who ended up doing really well and the community praised him for it.

He murdered 2 people though. I highly doubt anyone in high places will even give him 2 seconds of their day now.

Larrue had no such attention. No politicians, community leaders seemed concerned about him. For all we know, Khari may still have that kind of support in THOSE high places in THAT community.

It bugs me that the 'community leaders' never advocated for Larrue, a much more sympathetic young man, but immediately had Khari's back. Perhaps as time has passed, Khari's former? supporters have had time to process the murders and now consider him a lost cause.

Yes, and they were murdered for what? Certainly not for anything wrong that they had ever done. But the (alleged) murderer/s, they did plenty wrong. And anyone who still supports either or both of those two young men now (and yes, that includes Miriam) needs to take a long hard look at themselves. The only people I would exempt from this is their mothers.

There are a lot of angry aggrieved philosophies out there now on all sides of the spectrum. It takes a certain maturity to discuss these philosophies in a broad, non specific, non hateful way. Unfortunately, by the time these ideas trickle down to certain young impressionable children...it can incite hate and rage...but also a feeling of great virtue.

Young people on one side enter churches and kill innocents...on the other side, commit murders like these. They see themselves as knights in shining armor to a cause. They see their victims as people who harmed them and will harm others by their existence. They think they are heroes.

I put Khari in this category. He also seems to have charisma a bit like Charlie Manson..he attracts other to follow him, lie for him, facilitate his executions. Very frightening times we live in...

I do agree with you, but it was probably always thus. Think back to Biblical times, the Crusades, the Nazis, racism, gangs, etc. A charismatic leader has a huge responsibility, which is amazing when used for good, but can also unleash untold evil.

I haven't thought of this before, but it now seems to me that Khari must have really hated Beth and Robin, to kill them in the deliberate and cruel way he did. I think now that it wasn't so much about the money and envy and entitlement, but more to do with them being made to leave Miriam's home. Someone telling him what to do. Not just hate, but anger and revenge.

I haven't thought of this before, but it now seems to me that Khari must have really hated Beth and Robin, to kill them in the deliberate and cruel way he did. I think now that it wasn't so much about the money and envy and entitlement, but more to do with them being made to leave Miriam's home. Someone telling him what to do. Not just hate, but anger and revenge.

To me, IMHO, it's more likely that Khari hated the idea of the Potter-Carres, fueled by a wave of entitlement rhetoric.

That this couple earned what they had -- it wasn't given to them -- might not be a part of Khari's reality. That this couple did share from their plenty -- might not be a part of Khari's reality.

Any word on new attorneys?

jmho ymmv lrr

To me, IMHO, it's more likely that Khari hated the idea of the Potter-Carres, fueled by a wave of entitlement rhetoric.

That this couple earned what they had -- it wasn't given to them -- might not be a part of Khari's reality. That this couple did share from their plenty -- might not be a part of Khari's reality.

Any word on new attorneys?

jmho ymmv lrr

Your comment here reminded me of a recent speaker I heard on the protests this past year, where groups of young people came through residential neighborhoods, shining lights into windows & yelling insults at the inhabitants even while demanding they join the protest - also swarming & harassing outdoor diners at restaurants.

I heard this speaker (can’t recall who right now!! Sorry) discuss these targets (homes/ diners / businesses) as not randomly or poorly chosen, but deliberate because they represent the security & stability that many young people see as hopelessly out of reach for them…. despite the universality of these things just a generation or so ago.

No intent to comment on truth or blame behind such millennial / gen Z beliefs … it’s just that the talk here about the perp’s deranged sense of entitlement made me think of this. There’s something in the zeitgeist of a generational war over security, stability & a sense of the future. Combine that with young people’s standard empathy deficits (errrr & wisdom deficits, sorry JMO) and it could add up to lots of incomprehensible crimes against innocent people.

Your comment here reminded me of a recent speaker I heard on the protests this past year, where groups of young people came through residential neighborhoods, shining lights into windows & yelling insults at the inhabitants even while demanding they join the protest - also swarming & harassing outdoor diners at restaurants.

I heard this speaker (can’t recall who right now!! Sorry) discuss these targets (homes/ diners / businesses) as not randomly or poorly chosen, but deliberate because they represent the security & stability that many young people see as hopelessly out of reach for them…. despite the universality of these things just a generation or so ago.

No intent to comment on truth or blame behind such millennial / gen Z beliefs … it’s just that the talk here about the perp’s deranged sense of entitlement made me think of this. There’s something in the zeitgeist of a generational war over security, stability & a sense of the future. Combine that with young people’s standard empathy deficits (errrr & wisdom deficits, sorry JMO) and it could add up to lots of incomprehensible crimes against innocent people.

But this kid was offered security and stability and refused both in the most selfish way possible.

But this kid was offered security and stability and refused both in the most selfish way possible.

yeah …. just like many of the exuberant teens in those protests I’m sure. I was thinking of the charismatic leadership that this perp seems to hold, and the sort of grievance-mongering that supports this kind of leadership among much of his generation. Even if this perp lived a cushy life, a desire for leadership could lead him into crimes that capitalize on the zeitgeist - “burn it all down!”

There are disturbing winds blowing through our society now … a whole lot of stupid & selfish & inhumanely devoid of empathy. This kid with hate in his heart might’ve gotten nowhere a decade or two ago. But now this common criminal may be able to delusionally regard himself as a vanguard of the revolution ….

JMO, just speculating on you all’s comments TBH - I haven’t really followed this since the arrests. I’m generally here for the whodunit, plus I used to live in Madison… this one just feels too sick & toxic & disgusting to get into.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueeyes1981
Back