WI - Girl, 10, stomped head and killed baby boy in panic, Chippewa Falls, 30 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The law in Wisconsin is that children aged 10 and older can be tried as adults. The MSM articles explain that the initial charge is required although the case could be moved to a juvenile court.

I hope the case IS tried in adult criminal court, with a plea arrangement of NG by reason of mental defect or G but insane, that leads to a psychiatric in-patient institution for this child, with the criminal record in place. Clearly she cannot be allowed in public schools or daycares around other children, cannot be returned to parents or foster care. Juvenile detention until age 18 is possible, but she would not get the intensive help she needs. I think this girl is extremely disturbed.

I would not as adult want to be asleep in a house with this girl. I would not want her near a child of mine. Public safety > needs of indivudual child who has murdered a baby.

She 1) disobeyed the foster mother's instructions to stay outside and not disturb the sleeping baby, 2) not only disturbed the baby but took him out of the crib another defiant/disobedient act, 3) she alone states that dropping the baby was accidental but it could have been intentional, 4) she STOMPED on his head with enough force to cause death which is murder, 5) she lied to police. I don't pretend to know what is wrong with her, but she's a budding serial killer displaying no respect for human life, disobedience, defiance, violence and dishonesty.

There will not be an easy answer. Law & Order had an episode like this years ago where a 10 year old girl murdered a little boy - 1999-2000 Season #10, Episode #207, "Killerz" - still photos from show at link

"Law & Order" Killerz (TV Episode 1999) - IMDb

The resolution on the show was putting her right back with her mother and outpatient therapy with court supervision. It was very disturbing.

Oh my goodness
I have no words ...
Your reply astounds me and saddens me in equal measure . I’m speechless. You seem to be so sure that she’s evil and a budding SK!
No 10 year old child should ever be called evil and ive served 22 years as a Detective and come across 10 year old killers
Even Robert Thompson ( 10 year old who killed 2 yr old James Bulger U.K. 1993, in the most horrific way, has been rehabilitated. His co accused Jon Venables , also 10 years old , has been since charged with *advertiser censored* , albeit he hasn’t killed again! So partial rehabilitation.
At that age, it’s possible without people saying she’s evil and should be tried as an adult . She isn’t an adult . She may be the perpetrator in this case but who is to say that she isn’t also a victim as you don’t know her story .
Having said that , let’s not forget the poor baby Who is no longer with us.
God bless her soul
X

And another example - 10 year old Mary Bell
Murdered two children in the 1960’s in Manchester UK

She has been rehabilitated and never committed a crime of any nature since .

Rehabilitation is possible but not always successful but come on , we have to at least give a 10 year old a chance ....

I found this fairly recent case of an 11 yr old male found guilty of first-degree murder in 2016 (Jefferson County TN).
....RSBM for length...

Good find and so current. I read the whole article at your link. I think the trial process and judge's ruling is 100% correct in this TN case, and pretty much what should happen in this WI case.

Oh my goodness
I have no words ...
Your reply astounds me and saddens me in equal measure . I’m speechless. You seem to be so sure that she’s evil and a budding SK!
No 10 year old child should ever be called evil and ive served 22 years as a Detective and come across 10 year old killers
Even Robert Thompson ( 10 year old who killed 2 yr old James Bulger U.K. 1993, in the most horrific way, has been rehabilitated. His co accused Jon Venables , also 10 years old , has been since charged with *advertiser censored* , albeit he hasn’t killed again! So partial rehabilitation.
At that age, it’s possible without people saying she’s evil and should be tried as an adult . She isn’t an adult . She may be the perpetrator in this case but who is to say that she isn’t also a victim as you don’t know her story .
Having said that , let’s not forget the poor baby Who is no longer with us.
God bless her soul
X
I don't think that ten year old's have the concept that death is forever. I feel desperately sorry for this little girl and the baby she crossed paths with.
I have to imagine that she has had a hard life where she was punished for childish behaviour and was scared.

And another example - 10 year old Mary Bell
Murdered two children in the 1960’s in Manchester UK

She has been rehabilitated and never committed a crime of any nature since .

Rehabilitation is possible but not always successful but come on , we have to at least give a 10 year old a chance ....
Thanks! All I could remember is her first name Mary, in the UK, and that she murdered TWO little boys, mutilated at least one if them - and that she was detained where she received enough intervention to lead a productive adult life.

However, Mary Bell is by definition a serial killer. I believe the 10 year old in this case is very much like Mary Bell.

I knew someone would complain about my post, yet all I am recommending is the exact same thing. In US family/juvenile courts, as opposed to adult criminal courts, there is a tendency to mollycoddle, to place more concern on the child's rights than public safety, for the child to be returned to the same enviroment she came from.

No one is suggesting lock her up and throw away the key. Institutional pediatric psychiatric care would IMO be a better placement in the USA than the enviroment of most juvenile detention facilities which are very much like prisons and filled with delinquent teens.

Would be interesting to know why she is in foster care. She is obviously very disturbed. I would like to know what therapy she has had for her issues. Clearly she should not have been allowed to be alone with this baby. And I don't think it proper or safe for a foster family to take in emotionally disturbed kids and run a day care in their home.
I don't think there is any question she stomped the baby in the head because her footprint matched the injuries.
Looking forward to more info on this case.

Would be interesting to know why she is in foster care. She is obviously very disturbed. I would like to know what therapy she has had for her issues. Clearly she should not have been allowed to be alone with this baby. And I don't think it proper or safe for a foster family to take in emotionally disturbed kids and run a day care in their home.
I don't think there is any question she stomped the baby in the head because her footprint matched the injuries.
Looking forward to more info on this case.

BBM Yes, it would be interesting to find out why she's in foster care. It may be through no fault of her own, perhaps her parents did something wrong, drugs, filthy house, whatever - this is only speculation, no facts. Until we learn more about her background, its hard to make sense of what happened.

One thing "I" think I know is anyone, child or not, who stomps on a baby's head shouldn't be out in public until there is diagnosis and treatment administered. IMO

No update, but some statistics and very young murderer cases, explanation of why they use adult court to provide best services:

Court fight likely in 10-year-old girl's homicide case

ETA: The article provided a timeline, but it doesn't make sense. The 10 year old girl had just arrived by school bus shortly before she injured the baby. Estimated timeline with beg. and end points only:

3:00 PM - The foster mom/daycare provider (DMom) put the 6 month old baby down for a nap. There are two 2 year old children present.

- The 10 year old and two 6 year olds arrive by school bus

- The DMom has all five older children outside playing

- The DMom notices the 10 year old is inside the house sitting in a bay window

- The DMom enters the house to find the injured 6 month old baby

3:40 PM - The DMom calls 911.

Last edited:
Why is a ten year old watching a baby, at a daycare, without supervision?

The adult, who was supposedly in charge, should also be charged with negligent homicide.

She wasn’t watching the baby according to the foster mom. She was told not to go in the house, but disobeyed and went inside, and then she untimely killed the baby.

This story gave me goosebumps! I'm far from an expert but damnnnn this kid sounds like a budding sociopath/psychopath but for your first instinct to be to stomp the baby's head dosen't sound right to me? By that age you should know right from wrong or at least have an idea.

Court fight likely in 10-year-old girl's homicide case

Authorities say the girl was removed from her biological parents’ care in September and was in foster care at the home where the baby was injured. The home also operated as Amber’s Pals and Playmates Child Care.

Operator Amber Sweeney told authorities that at the time of the baby’s injury, she was the only adult at the home with two 2-year-olds, two 6-year-olds, the 10-year-old and the baby.

Sweeney said she put the baby down for a nap around 3 p.m., and the three older children arrived by school bus about 40 minutes later. She went outside with all of the children except the sleeping infant.

She told investigators she instructed the children to stay outside because the baby was sleeping, but she saw the 10-year-old girl sitting inside the house by a bay window. At about 3:40 p.m., authorities got an emergency call, saying a baby was bleeding from the face.

Sweeney, a licensed foster parent in Chippewa County, has surrendered her day-care license and voluntarily closed her operation amid an investigation by Wisconsin’s Department of Children and Families. She has been licensed to provide day care since 2002.

I don’t think the foster care parents told the doctor anything to lead him to the conclusion that this was not an accident, I think he came up with that on his own based on the injuries of the victim. JMO

I was unclear, of course the doctor would know it was not an accident - My point was the fact that it was the doctor who reported it rather than the foster parents, made me wonder what was said by them to him. I would have expected on finding the infant that the parents would have called the ambulance and the police. The fact they apparently did not struck me as odd and I wondered of they had tried to cover it up/downplay it.

This is tragic. I was reading about this story yesterday and I'm puzzled as to why there was an older child mixed in with infants....and in the case of this incident, according to reports, actually holding an infant? If I had an infant in daycare, I would not expect the care of my baby to be carried out by minor children, at any time. I feel really blessed I was able to stay home with my children. I am heartbroken for the parents of this infant.

For what it's worth, I can't imagine, at any stage of my life, dropping any living being (doggie, kitty, hamster, guinea pig, or......a human baby!) accidentally and when it cried/whimpered choosing to stomp on its head??? WTAH? No, my first instincts would always have been to protect/soothe/and fix. Run and get help from the adult who should have been supervising....cuddle the infant (or other creature) and attempt to take them to safety/help....render aid. Not injure them further! :: shudder :: Horrifying story and again, so heartbroken for the poor parents of a helpless 6 month old baby :(

I'm starting to think she didn't accidentally drop the baby but was jealous or angry or is a psychopath and dropped him on purpose then stomped his head on purpose!

I was unclear, of course the doctor would know it was not an accident - My point was the fact that it was the doctor who reported it rather than the foster parents, made me wonder what was said by them to him. I would have expected on finding the infant that the parents would have called the ambulance and the police. The fact they apparently did not struck me as odd and I wondered of they had tried to cover it up/downplay it.

Sorry, I’m confused. The daycare provider did call 911 when they found the infant.

The sheriff's department received a 911 call October 30 from the caretaker of a licensed day care in the Town of Wheaton who said a boy was bleeding from the head and wasn't responding, according to Chippewa County Sheriff Jim Kowalczyk.

"Later that afternoon, the sheriff's department received a call from medical personnel, a doctor, attending this youth and his belief was that the injuries sustained by the 6-month-old boy were not an accident," Kowalczyk said.

10-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Killing Baby In Wisconsin Day Care

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back