WI - ICE seeks help to ID youth in photos #2 - Identified

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about the pole or support beam seen in the left-hand side of the LE-released photos. Have any of our sleuthers figured out what exactly that is?

I'm curious because different regions of the country (and the world) use different building materials and it could help narrow the search to a region--and possibly to a type of structure. For example, most basements in the area where I grew up had sturdy steel I-bar supports, to hold up two-story brick structures. Where I live now, it appears that hollow, round steel tubes about 5" in diameter are what you most see.

What I am seeing here doesn't seem very sturdy at all. Is it a permanent support? A previous poster referred to it as a "jack pole" which is not a term I'm familiar with.

Please accept my apologies if this has already been done to bits (off to catch up on thread 1 now), and thank you all for your hard work and patience!

(ETA: Shazam, post #28 on thread one. You guys are GOOD!)

Didn't several people here just say that the Image Shack link showed him abusing a little girl?

I am going to quote what cappuccino said, I agree with this...
We don't know whether the teen is an abuser or an unwilling participant, what age he is, whether he was previously abused himself, or what the circumstances are.

At this time we are just trying to see if we can find out who this teen is.

Ima

Sorry, I meant that the link on that msnbc article has, supposedly, been removed (but I did not verify). I still believed the pics themselves to be up, since other posters had reported such on 4chan. I was just hoping that less people would be exposed to the link and, thus, have less access to the photos, if it is true that the link in the comments section was removed. No link, less viewers.

The link is still there under the MSNBC article, although when I tried to follow the link it didn't work.

so I understand what you are saying, just because I viewed a link at a website, and saw the pictures pulled here to WS, then they are on my harddrive? I did NOT download the pictures, I just clicked on a link. Like if I went to your Facebook and looked at the photo of your dog, and clicked on the link that way, I am not downloading the pictures per se, I just clicked on that link?

so are you telling me, that other than my Internet History showing that I did visit that website and viewed the photos, and they will definitely have my IP address, I know that, but just because I "viewed" and did not "download" the pictures they are on my hard drive? I do not think that is correct, though?

IMO, MOO, etc.

I would think that the concern is not clicking on something and viewing it, it's sharing it that is so dangerous to do!!!!!!! I saw the disgusting pics and am not concerned considering that is the only pics like that I have ever viewed and I didn't send the link or pics to anyone. I wouldn't get too worked up. Just my .02 :)

eta: sorry SNM I meant to quote the person you did :)

I am curious about the pole or support beam seen in the left-hand side of the LE-released photos. Have any of our sleuthers figured out what exactly that is?

I'm curious because different regions of the country (and the world) use different building materials and it could help narrow the search to a region--and possibly to a type of structure. For example, most basements in the area where I grew up had sturdy steel I-bar supports, to hold up two-story brick structures. Where I live now, it appears that hollow, round steel tubes about 5" in diameter are what you most see.

What I am seeing here doesn't seem very sturdy at all. Is it a permanent support? A previous poster referred to it as a "jack pole" which is not a term I'm familiar with.

Please accept my apologies if this has already been done to bits (off to catch up on thread 1 now), and thank you all for your hard work and patience!

There is lots of information about that, the shirt, and many other items in the first thread that was taken away, if you can find it and read in there, people posted much about that yesterday that.

FWIW, I am onboard with treating the teen as a victim until we get more information.

I would think that the concern is not clicking on something and viewing it, it's sharing it that is so dangerous to do!!!!!!! I saw the disgusting pics and am not concerned considering that is the only pics like that I have ever viewed and I didn't send the link or pics to anyone. I wouldn't get too worked up. Just my .02 :)

eta: sorry SNM I meant to quote the person you did :)

Thanks, but I am not worked up about it anymore, I figured the poster who said that since I/we just clicked on a link, now these photos were on our hard drive, which I pretty much knew was not the case, I just viewed them in my web browser, but I know there are stricter laws on child *advertiser censored* and I would not normally even THINK to look at something. I now know it will be in my history that I viewed it, if they are tracking IPs they definitely have mine, but I'm not worried about that at the moment! Thanks!!

eta: OOPS!! I responded to you before I saw your bottom note to my LOLOL!!!!

This is the focus of this thread at this time...

Federal officials released photos of someone who appears to be a boy or young man Tuesday, June 19, and asked for help to identify him, saying he "may need law enforcement assistance, but may not be able to request it.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_20890602/immigration-agency-seeks-help-id-youth-photos

Very strange.....perhaps a webcam picture? Maybe online asked for help?

120622-boyice-hmed-01.380;380;7;70.jpg

120622-boyice-hmed-02.380;380;7;70.jpg

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-agents-help-us-identify-endangered-teen?lite

Neudauer said the photos are still shots from an online video. In the photograph, the teen is pictured wearing a blue and red Minnesota Twins T-shirt. Other details released by ICE:
•The teen is between ages 13 and 19
•Photos were taken in a basement
•The photos are no more than 18 months to 24 months old, based on the Minnesota logo and when it first appeared in the market (July 2010) – also, it appears faded from several washings.

People with information can contact ICE/HSI on their tip line at 866-347-2423 or online at www.ice.gov/tips/

I am going to quote what cappuccino said, I agree with this...
We don't know whether the teen is an abuser or an unwilling participant, what age he is, whether he was previously abused himself, or what the circumstances are.

At this time we are just trying to see if we can find out who this teen is.

Ima

Thank you, imamaze! I know that this case is a very emotional one, especially for those that have viewed the pictures. I'm very glad that I chose not to as I think I may have a hard time feeling sympathy for this kid if I saw what was happening. That being said, we truly don't know the circumstances of how he ended up in that video engaged in the horrible things he was engaged in.

In the original plea from ICE/ HS they stated that they were concerned for his safety and felt he may be in danger. I think that may still be true regardless of what he is seen doing on that video. The fact that he doesn't seem to have been reported missing could mean that this is the only life that he knows. If that's the case, we need to be very careful about calling him an abuser.

The original plea from ICE/ HS stated that they were concerned for H

FWIW, the MSNBC comment has not been deleted. It is still there. Mods, do you want us to stop pointing people to the comment that leads to the images?

Wanted to share this

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/25/fbi-rescues-7-kids-held-as-sex-slaves-in-us/?test=latestnews

The FBI, working alongside state and local authorities across the U.S., rescued 79 minors being held as sex slaves, the agency announced Monday.

From your link, BBM:

"The minors – two of whom were boys, the rest girls – were taken from 57 different cities during “Operation Cross Country” raids on Thursday, Friday and Saturday."

Oh my god. I mean, I know this stuff is everywhere but, wow.

This is the focus of this thread at this time...

Federal officials released photos of someone who appears to be a boy or young man Tuesday, June 19, and asked for help to identify him, saying he "may need law enforcement assistance, but may not be able to request it.

".......may need law enforcement assistance, but may not be able to request it."

What I thought before I viewed the video stills and what I am thinking now that this sentence means are two different but related things. (1) I now think it could mean he may not be able to request LE assistance because he is afraid for himself and he did something very wrong and is in fear of the consequences, or (2) as I always thought he is in fear for his life for whoever forced him to do this, or (3) afraid of the people he is involved in this with if he in indeed a perpetrator and nothing more, that they will do something to him for turning himself in or telling on them. Whatever the situation, it is going to be a mess for this kid, hopefully he is still alive and well and maybe has seen the LE plea and can take some action to get help. I think his age at the time of this video has some bearing, and who knows what else has been found along the way that prompted them to plea for this.

IMO we don't have enough information to do much more than has already been done, now I feel we are just spinning our wheels, which people here have been doing for several days now, myself included. I'm taking a break from posting her any more as I have no new ideas or nothing else to say or nothing else new to add........

IMO, MOO, etc.

on this site you can search globally, missing, endangered, years missing etc
http://ca.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PublicHomeServlet

Great link, okiedokie! I searched with pretty wide parameters, since we don't know when this young man went missing (if at all). In other words, the video is less than 2 years old, but he may have been abducted from another country years ago. I searched males who would be between 13-20 years old right now, missing from all countries, with brown hair, abducted within the last 10 years. I debated including the hair color, but figured I'd try to narrow it down, at least a little bit.

I'm slowly weeding through 12 pages of matches, and then I'll expand out to 15 years as well. This could be difficult because the pictures posted by LE from front view to side view look like two different kids to me. From what I've heard the main picture from LE looks quite different from some that others have seen.

At least it's a step in the right direction.

Wanted to share this

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/25/fbi-rescues-7-kids-held-as-sex-slaves-in-us/?test=latestnews

The FBI, working alongside state and local authorities across the U.S., rescued 79 minors being held as sex slaves, the agency announced Monday.

Does anyone think this could be related to the boy we are trying to identify? His pictures were released on Tuesday 6/19 and the article mentions raids that happened Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Could the feds have gotten the info they needed already? I would hope something would come out stating they no longer need the public's help identifying him.

We are allowing discussion about the video (not graphic details but in general), no links to the video or *advertiser censored*. Discussing the various MS/FB pages are allowed. Please use initials when discussing. No copying or pasting on the social networks.

Please be very careful, the focus is still on finding this young man. You all have done a great job sleuthing! Law enforcement has asked for help in finding his identity, lets all do what we can to help them out!

:tyou:

Does anyone think this could be related to the boy we are trying to identify? His pictures were released on Tuesday 6/19 and the article mentions raids that happened Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Could the feds have gotten the info they needed already? I would hope something would come out stating they no longer need the public's help identifying him.

I hope so. If they have, I hope they'll at least let us know that there's no need to keep looking, although obviously I wouldn't expect them to release any details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me