Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why she was headed towards the walking trail because looking at this going the other way would have been much shorter for her as she can't cut through off the trail becuase there is a creek there. Unless there is a bridge she could go over that would take her out to about E Spruce Street which isn't far off from the parents house.
There is a bridge but it looks to be no shorter to take that route than if she took surface streets. Perhaps she went that way because there is less traffic.

I wonder why she was headed towards the walking trail because looking at this going the other way would have been much shorter for her as she can't cut through off the trail becuase there is a creek there. Unless there is a bridge she could go over that would take her out to about E Spruce Street which isn't far off from the parents house.
I’m wondering the same as you @Willie. Wasn’t it also said her bike was found “near “ the aunts house?

That's a good point. There looks to be a bridge over Columbia St. then she'd turn at N. High and take that to Birch. It definitely looks like a shorter distance.

The weather in Wisconsin was very nice on Saturday...the first that we've reached 70 degrees. I wonder if she decided to take the trail to extend her ride, just to enjoy the beautiful day. MOO.

I haven't come across the time she left her aunt's house. Did I miss that somewhere?

Edited: I just realized this happened on Sunday. Sunday was pretty nice, too, just not as nice as Saturday.

There is a bridge but it looks to be no shorter to take that route than if she took surface streets. Perhaps she went that way because there is less traffic.

Okay thank you! I was just trying to make sense as to why she would go that direction because it is so much longer.

I’m wondering the same as you @Willie. Wasn’t it also said her bike was found “near “ the aunts house?

Yes, bike was found near there too which is probably why they searched that area and found her quickly like they did.

My deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of precious Lily. It is hard to believe that worse news could come out than the discovery of this innocent child, deceased, but I pray she did not suffer other horrors as well. I pray the monster responsible for this will be quickly found, and will be put away so that he may never hurt another child for as long as he lives.

As a grandpa to my own Lily, just a bit younger than this, my heart is completely broken. Rest in the arms of angels, little one. JMO

Another presser is expected at 5pm.

Missing girl, 10, found dead in Chippewa Falls, WI near brewery; police investigating as homicide

4/25/22

Chippewa Falls Police Chief Matthew Kelm says Iliana Peters' death is being pursued as a homicide.

Police began searching for the girl, who went by the name Lily, after her father reported Sunday evening that she hadn't returned home from a visit to her aunt's house.

Police used drones and search crews to comb the woods near the Leinenkugel Brewery. Her body was found about 9:15 a.m. Monday.

Police said a bicycle believed to be hers was found in the woods a short distance from her aunt's residence near the Duncan Creek walking trail and the brewery's parking lot.

Kelm told the public to remain vigilant as they do not have a suspect in custody and the public could be in danger.

That's a good point. There looks to be a bridge over Columbia St. then she'd turn at N. High and take that to Birch. It definitely looks like a shorter distance.

Yeah, I live in a small town in Pennsylvania and here we have what everyone calls the School path. It's a much safer way to get from town to the school and you have to go over a bridge. But there are two ways you can get to the school. One is via that path and the other on the main roadway so the kids around here usually take the path becuase its easier and safer especially if riding a bike. That's why I was wondering if there was like a short cut or something she could have went by going that direction cause like we all talked about the logical way is much shorter.

Another presser is expected at 5pm.

Missing girl, 10, found dead in Chippewa Falls, WI near brewery; police investigating as homicide

4/25/22

Chippewa Falls Police Chief Matthew Kelm says Iliana Peters' death is being pursued as a homicide.

Police began searching for the girl, who went by the name Lily, after her father reported Sunday evening that she hadn't returned home from a visit to her aunt's house.

Police used drones and search crews to comb the woods near the Leinenkugel Brewery. Her body was found about 9:15 a.m. Monday.

Police said a bicycle believed to be hers was found in the woods a short distance from her aunt's residence near the Duncan Creek walking trail and the brewery's parking lot.

Kelm told the public to remain vigilant as they do not have a suspect in custody and the public could be in danger.

I'm not surprised. They probably got evidence of S/A and a possible description of the suspect via that guys camera. If anyone finds a link to the presser please share!

For those who are wondering why Lily appeared to take the long way home from her Aunt's house - neither route is very long. The route that involved the trail was probably more interesting to her, and maybe she enjoyed going that way more. I could see a kid on a bike choosing to go that way for the pleasure of biking on a pretty day.

278808008_299280869052235_4148630412994522911_n.jpg

Initial police media release.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=299280875718901&set=a.165467042433619

I find it interesting that the press conference included telling parents not to let children walk. I certainly understand it and think it’s important, but we don’t seem to hear warnings like that usually. Makes me think they have some suspicions of who it could be or a danger that is lurking. After looking at the other map posted (thank you) I looked at Google Earth. Right down the street from dad’s house is there County jail. Can’t help but wonder if someone was released that they are concerned about. Here is a map I put together showing where the jail is…orange is jail, blue is dad’s area, pink is aunt’s area, yellow is woods where she was found. (I’m referring to earlier press conference. Didn’t realize one is on now so not sure what was said.) FD95FB96-2804-46D2-B211-7A6CEDF85CCB.jpeg

Presser Notes:

Chief Matthew Kelm

No one in custody. Remain vigilant, could be a danger to the public.

Tip line has been established.

"...almost impossible to believe that something like this could happen in our city..."

Wisconsin Department of Criminal investigations, state crime lab, multiple local law enforcement agencies involved.

Questions/Answers

No arrest, so the suspect is at large, and want to be vigilant for that reason.

Timeline goes to the active investigation so he won't be saying anything more about this.

They knew after finding her that this was a homicide (won't be specific).

Not releasing cause of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member